• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

In Loving Memory of our Fur Baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

trukinlady

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2010
Missouri, USA
This is in loving memory of our fur baby, Star, who went home to Heaven on July 12, 2012. She was diagnosed with lymphoma. We were never sure of when she was born, but she brought such joy into our lives for 9 precious years. We miss her so much!

Rest in Peace, Baby girl, fur child of our heart.
We will see you again one day.

Our girl Star.jpg

trukinlady

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2010
Missouri, USA
dspin; JAY73 Thank you both so much for your kind support! It means a lot!

JAY73: I'm so sorry about your puppy!! I'll keep him in my prayers! Our dogs are our fur kids, too, since I was never able to have children. Has your vet discovered what has made him so sick? I know it's a shock to have this happen so suddenly. It was a bit different with our dog Star.

Star started losing weight. We had changed dog food to a senior formula a few months ago to help all our fur babies lose some weight. They're all over 7 years old. At first we didn't think anything was wrong--they all were losing weight, but about a month ago, we noticed she had lumps on her neck and other places. We took her to our vet, and that's when she was diagnosed with lymphoma. Our vet told us as long as she was eating, drinking, and just doing doggie things, her quality of life wasn't suffering. So we took her home. But we were told lymphoma in dogs is agressive, and metastisizes quickly. In just 3 weeks the lumps on her lymph glands went from quarter sized to lemon sized. Due to her age, chemotherapy wasn't an option. Our vet told us she was at least 12 yearl old, if not older. We rescued her 9 years ago, and were never sure exactly how old she was. Her quality of life went downhill quickly. We didn't want her to suffer, so we made the difficult decision to put her to sleep.

We wanted her to go with dignity--before she declined to the point where she couldn't walk or eat. It was so hard to make that decision! But we knew it was time. We take comfort from knowing we will see her again one day. Pets and other animals are His creation, and I believe He has made a place for them in Heaven.

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA
Thats great Jay, glad it wasn't something worse than that to remain un-named

Truk - your right - someday I will see all my best friends in the entire world together. I have loved them all more than any human and they WERE my best friends. They will have a place in Heaven along with the rest of all he created. A sparrow doesn't fall from the sky that he doesn't know about it.

Your Best Friend

"Take a lesson from the dog, man's best friend. He accepts us for what we are. He does not gossip about us behind our backs. His life is a perfect sermon on affection and devotion. He will run his legs off for you. He will submit to almost any hardship to make you happy. He will risk his life for you if necessary. If you are moody or unkind at times, he will forgive you. He will not complain if his food is scant. He will bear burdens without complaint. He is thankful for small favors. He does not sulk or nurse a grudge against you. His additional friends do not lessen his love for you. He does not question your dress or looks. He is not temperamental like we humans. His purpose is to please on all occasions. He does not bore us with his troubles. His thanks and appreciation are genuine... He does not pry into your private affairs. He never double crosses you. His is not to question why, but to do and perchance to die for you. He trusts you implicitly. He is a living symbol of faith, hope, and love. Yes, brother, he is a builder, for such a friend does something constructive to our character."

doglove.jpg

dogmansbestfriend.jpg

Last edited:

trukinlady

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2010
Missouri, USA
come to find out the vet took xray's and he ate some thick plastic off of our new mattress doc gave him something to upchuck said it had been there at least three day now we just have to do aftercare and follow up in two weeks...

Thank God he's OK!! It's amazing what dogs will eat! Our mini Dacshund loves to chew on things he isn't supposed to. One day I caught him actually eating the edge of the living room carpet! It's just a remnant, so it doesn't go wall to wall. Somehow he had managed to unravel a big string from the edge, and was happily chewing on it. He looked up at me with those brown doggie eyes like "What did I do?" Thankfully, I caught him before he ate too much of it. He passed it with no problems. But now we have to watch him closely! :)
I'm glad your doggie is OK!

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA
dspin

Awww, the pics are wonderful! Where did you find them? And the quote is so true!
I've always called our pets my fur kids since I never was able to have children. They give so much, and ask for so little in return. I'm so thankful He chose us to be pet parents!

I'm always chasing around the internet looking for dog pics and sayings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread