In need of help w/Chimbus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tibby

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2012
Oakley, Ca.
I'm new to mechanicals and have a problem with my Chimbus not contacting with my mech. I screw it down flush but it wont contact or fire. Do I push down the center post on the rba? looking at the bottom of the post with 510 threads there's a plastic insulator and the center has a flat head screwdriver slot. I have tried to delicately screw the center post out and it won't budge. From the top deck the center post is raised above the other 2 posts with the plastic insulator showing. I have tried to delicately push it down and it won't budge. So my question is how do I get contact? My mech is a cheap aluminum threaded device I'm using for another week or so until I receive a better one. The top cap is pressure fitted and I don't believe it should be fiddled with or It will almost defiantly break. It's the aluminum Private V2 from F.T. Any help is appreciated.

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
looking at the bottom of the post with 510 threads there's a plastic insulator and the center has a flat head screwdriver slot. I have tried to delicately screw the center post out and it won't budge.
Is there a jam nut on the other end of this center post? If there is, you may want to loosen that first before you try raising the 510 connector pin/screw. Is the thread left or right handed?
Also.... make sure that the screw driver you use fits the slot perfectly. Slightly snug, but it engages all the way to the bottom of the slot and is the full length/width of the slot. Then you can really put some muscle into it.

Have fun! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread