in need of ohm meter similar or like this....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grond655321

Jul 16, 2013
Chicago
You know what, I got a $5 Harbor Feight meter. (It is actually free sometimes!) Generally their stuff is junk, but for $5, who cares? It works just fine, only thing is it sits at .5 ohms from 0. I just subtract that from the reading. Haven't had a problem yet. I also grabbed a tiny hemostat at $3 that is great for burning coils. HF rules

1lasttime

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2012
Indiana, USA
You know what, I got a $5 Harbor Feight meter. (It is actually free sometimes!) Generally their stuff is junk, but for $5, who cares? It works just fine, only thing is it sits at .5 ohms from 0. I just subtract that from the reading. Haven't had a problem yet. I also grabbed a tiny hemostat at $3 that is great for burning coils. HF rules

We actually have one of these. It doesnt work very well. Our doesnt, anyway, but thanks for the advice. :)

rushman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Get a cheap 510 connector and at the least glue it to something. Poof stand. Or take it a step further and run wires off it to connect a multimeter to if you already have one. I could never see the point of paying 10 or 15 bucks for a stack of nice looking washers which is all those look like to me

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Schnarph

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Dripping Springs, TX
Get a cheap 510 connector and at the least glue it to something. Poof stand. Or take it a step further and run wires off it to connect a multimeter to if you already have one. I could never see the point of paying 10 or 15 bucks for a stack of nice looking washers which is all those look like to me

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
I have done exactly this ^^^^^^^. 3 different DMMs all give different ohms readings, and none of them are correct. The most expensive DMM ($30+) is only off by approx 0.3 to 0.5 ohms, but it is not consistent. The DMM from Harbor freight was the most inaccurate. Even if it did give an accurate and consistent reading, the DMM can only go down to one tenth of an ohm, while the black box ohm meters go to the hundredth. This level of accuracy may seem unnecessary, but with a variance of +/- ?%, this can be big deal.

I want one of these ohms reading boxes to determine if I have built a coil that is safe to use with my battery's C rating. 2 Vamos and a Zmax all agree on the ohms of every atty I test, but 3 DMMs do not get close to this reading, nor with each other.

1lasttime

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2012
Indiana, USA
Pick up a Vamo. . . An ohm meter that is worth buying will end up costing you $50+ vs a Vamo shell for $30-40 from fasttech.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

I am actually checking out this site! Great prices on almost everything. *This site could get me into trouble* lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread