Status
Not open for further replies.

GABlue

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2010
Atlanta, GA
www.motivapeusa.com
Hi all. Here's my dilema. Last month I got suckered into buying an overpriced e-cig while I was at the mall (QuantumCig). It worked great for a couple of days, and I was pretty excited as I was amazed at how it satisfied my cigarette cravings. For the first time, I found something that really seemed would give me a fighting chance in giving up the old analog smokes once and for all. Then my e-cig crapped out on me, batteries constantly going dead, hardly any vape, etc. So, I went back to smoking the old analogs. But, am now thoroughly convinced e-cigs are the way to go. So, I bought the Blu cig, hoping it would be better than my first choice. It worked great, plenty of flavor and vape. But, a few days later the cartridges dont seem to last very long, and i can only get maybe 10 - 15 good vapes out of a cartridge. So long as I can get a decent amount of vape, I have no desire for an analog, but when the vape dies out, I find myself going back to the analog. I could order a ton of cartridges from Blu, but then the cost would be more than it would if I kept smoking regular analog smokes. After reading through these forums, I'm becoming a little more educated as to how to minimize my expenses such as refilling cartridges myself using e-liquid which I have purchased but havent had much luck with. Possibly because I might not be doing it right or just dont really know what I'm doing. So, to make a short story long (LOL) Does anyone have any suggestions or advice on how I can maximize my e-cig experience with the Blu? (ie. more vape, cheap cartridges, refils, etc.)
Thanks in advance for your replies.

blue is not a 510, it more like a m401. but i would get a 510 or a 901. i ike the 901 for the draw but the 510 (i think) puts out more vapor. im like you i like seeing the big cloud of vapor. the thing that gives me the bigest cloud is the vaprlife passthough. that hits big in my book. but for when on at work ro going out i use the Janty eGo. its a 510 atty and the battery lasts all day.

nycityjeff

Moved On
Sep 22, 2009
New York City
The blu and all the other branded and mall/kiosk e-cigs SUCK. And carts are definitely not the way to go.

Order a DSE-901 a few spare atomizers and a big bottle of e-liquid in the flavor and nicotine level of your choice. I suggest wordup e-cigs for great selection, prices and service for all of the above.

The 901 produces plenty of vapor and taste as well as a decent battery life.

Also VG based e-juice, as (opposed to PG) will produce a lot more favpor, but with a little less throat hit. And the higher the nicotine level the better the throat hit.

Look for videos here or on youtube that explain the Lipton Pyramid Teabag modification and refill your cartridges with some tasty e-juice.

Heavy smokers and non-filtered smokers will want a minimum of 24 mg e-juice.

I vape 35 mg and up, usually 41 mg.

Wordup E-Cig Super Store

Last edited:

Wireguy

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2009
Birmingham Al
The first two post were good to follow. I'm betting you can get better service out of your Blu with a little knowledge and work.

All e-gigs are not created equal but most share the same principles. Even if you don't stick with the Blu you can use it to help get over the learning curve.

When you are filling your cartridges you can use a toothpick or instrument of your choice to move the material around to let the air escape and the juice get in.

That atty looks made for dipping. Remove the polyfill (I assume there is polyfill) Dip the atty in juice, take a few hits and dip again. I've seen people use contact lense cases for this.

What ever you do good luck and happy vaping!

GABlue

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2010
Atlanta, GA
www.motivapeusa.com
I'm actually OK with the Blu, since it is suited well for on-the-go carry. The little flip-top box is practical and allows me to carry extra cartridges and extra battery plus charging while the other is in use. Very practical. The only real disappointment I have with it is the minimal amount of vapor, and battery life. So long as the cig can give consistent vapor production I'm happy. When the e-cig gives me vapor, I have no desire for an analog. However, when there is little to no vapor I find my self running back to the analog. The QuantumCig is a whole different story. IMHO, I think it's a piece of crap. But, as mentioned earlier, it did bring me into the whole e-cig realm, for which I AM grateful. This forum is really making the whole transition to e-cigs ALOT easier and informational as well. A ton of ideas and some solid advice. For now though, I think I'll make due with the Blu, experiment with it a bit and maybe tweek it the best I can to overcome the shortcomings (ie. cartridge refils, e-liquid, etc.) Maybe in a few weeks I'll go ahead and try the 510 which everone seems to really enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread