In search of cotton candy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Sutton

Dec 31, 2017
Galveston, TX
Hello all.
Well, I've searched and searched... I've mixed and mixed... I still cannot find THE cotton candy.
There is a vape shop near me, and he has a"fairy floss " flavor, and it's exactly right. The problem with just buying his is that it's $30 for 60ml. That's a little much for something I can make at about $5 for 120ml.
Recipes I've tried :
TPA cotton candy (from 5% to 12%) solo flavor in base

TPA CC 8%
TPA Strawberry 2.5%
TPA strawberry ripe 2.5%

TPA CC 8%
TPA circus cc 2.5%
TPA straw/ripe 2.5/2.5%

Same as above + 1% French vanilla

TPA cc 8%
TPA black cherry 1-2%

I've gone anywhere from snv to a month of steep time and they all taste wrong. Has anyone come across a "County fair cotton candy?" Of course the local shop owner doesn't want to give me his recipe that's a given!
Thanks in advance, I'm truly stumped

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Chris Sutton

Dec 31, 2017
Galveston, TX
I looked at his recipe but didn't try it. The circus cotton candy on it's own wasn't that good to me. I tried just a straight 10% CCC and ended up adding a shot of raspberry to make it decent. I put that in because it had almost a fruitless taffy taste to me leaning towards a raspberry like flavor. On the other hand, CCC 10% and raspberry 2% was pretty darn good, just not cc good

I might make it again with some sour too

glasseye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2012
NJ
Some people think Lorann and Flavor West cotton candy are better. A little EM might do the trick too, but not too much or it'll kill the other flavorings.

From somewhere else I can't mention- "I use FW CC at 3% and 1% for FA Vanilla and TFA Meringue, sometimes I add some sweet and tart or FW Hard Candy and other candies as well. Also, FW Blueberry CC is good as well."

Reactions: Chris Sutton

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
I wonder if this might be a candidate for just a smidgen (like in the 0.25-0.50% range) of INW Creme Brulee? It might help bring out just a suggestion of burnt sugar. It would also provide a light vanilla note. at that low of a percentage, I doubt it would influence the overall body too much.

I would be inclined to start low, and work my way up, if it appeared to be working.:)

Reactions: Chris Sutton

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Yeah I figured I'd give it a shot and see if someone had any new ideas
I'll give some of the other EMs a try and see, as well as that recipe. Why not? Lol
I'm interested in non PG flavors.
Might give Cotton Candy (Organic) (NF) and Cotton Candy Vanilla (Organic) (NF) a test.
re: Nature's Flavors Concentrates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread