Status
Not open for further replies.

somejerk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2012
Utah
I've been vaping for over a year now and been through a few batteries.
I chain vape badly, as does my boyfriend.
We were both vaping the ego-c twist, but his wires recently disconnected from being jumbled around.
He welds at work and school and we both pocket ours.
I want to find a battery that can take a beating, handle heavy vaping, and last a long time so I don't have to keep rebuying batteries. I would like it to be variable voltage.
Right now I'm considering the Provari, but other suggestions or vouches for anything would be nice.
Thanks,
Steph

rusalka

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jun 10, 2010
USA
I know this is going to sound like a fanboy, but Provari. I have had mine knocked over and dropped and everything you can think of. It has even been through a flas rain storm on my bike with non to worry. It has worked perfectly since day one to now. I have had mine for about 6 months and it is my daily vape. It has even been through my 1 year old god son drooling all over it. Not to mention the weight is really robust feeling. It feels like a tank in your hands. But that is also the down side, the weight is too much for some.

Compared to the lavatube... There is no comparison in longevity. The lavatube is way too lightweight to be a serious APV in my opinion. My son knocked mine over when I was testing it and the top has come out partially. Had to repress it in.

I hope this helps out some.

somejerk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2012
Utah
How about the saber touch vari-volt by vapormoon? its mechanical, its rugged, designed for safety and elegant and not so clunky. It has a 5 year warranty, and made in the USA.
Saber Touch VariVolt

Plus you can customize it a hundred ways, color, finish, all sorts of cool details to make it completely yours.

Price was hard to find, around how much is that?

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
yes the saber and silver bullet are similar but the saber is a touch smaller, and just a bit more refined, but when It comes down to refinement and more bells and whistles the provari is smooth and has the electronics built in. On the saber no readout, in fact I belive it has a little screw to dial it in and on the silver bullet Im not sure. But the SB and the Saber are rugged and will withstand falls and I think some people have stated that the saber has fallen down in construction sites and even in water. not sure how sealed the SB is. My hands are small and the SB is a bit thicker and a little longer. Plus the black has a bit of chrome around the button and the saber was just more Black ( spinal tap, black) and of course for a bit more I could make it look exactly as black as I wanted. Oh, mine with everything came to 129. and some cents, not sure how much the Vari-volt is.
Massive fog machine, I like that..... Cozzicon, what do you use? Provari or the Silver Bullet?

Last edited:

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Hey, nothing to show? I worked real hard on these nic stains and dark durty lungs and cloud of smoke around me like Pig Pen on the peanuts. :) Oh I also miss my smokers cough, too darn sexy
Oh, and lets not forget the old yellow ash tray with the mountain of cigarette butts piled high in the old plastic market bag.

somejerk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2012
Utah
yes the saber and silver bullet are similar but the saber is a touch smaller, and just a bit more refined, but when It comes down to refinement and more bells and whistles the provari is smooth and has the electronics built in. On the saber no readout, in fact I belive it has a little screw to dial it in and on the silver bullet Im not sure. But the SB and the Saber are rugged and will withstand falls and I think some people have stated that the saber has fallen down in construction sites and even in water. not sure how sealed the SB is. My hands are small and the SB is a bit thicker and a little longer. Plus the black has a bit of chrome around the button and the saber was just more Black ( spinal tap, black) and of course for a bit more I could make it look exactly as black as I wanted. Oh, mine with everything came to 129. and some cents, not sure how much the Vari-volt is.
Massive fog machine, I like that..... Cozzicon, what do you use? Provari or the Silver Bullet?

Is that to say that the saber is more durable than the Provari?

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Having never had a Provari and this is my first Saber, I could not say, I only know that when I was searching I read alot of posts and threads, and I rarely saw any problems with either. For some reason, again being fairly new and not ever owning any other mod except the KGO, many people would comment or say that they preferred mechanical AVPs. I can only deduct that if there are less parts to wear down and less electrical circuitry that there is less to go wrong? But Im happy, and I hope the Saber makes me happier and keeps making me happy for years to come.

Its so hard when someone mentions the name Provari because there is always a sort of bickering about why its so much better, but with so many happy and proud owners, there has got to be something to it. I just didnt want a Variable Voltage device and I wanted something more individual and of course even blacker than the satin black provari with out a name or brand so pronounced on the side of it. But those are petty little reasons that for me was important. When somejerk (that sounds funny dont it) asked about V V he metioned he was interested in a Provari and welcomed any other suggestions, so I suggested
I guess Im a rebel in sheeps clothing:)

Hey Dave P what are you talking about, wooden MOds are some of the most beautiful ones out there. Have you not seen the gorgeous box mods and I believe on the Phiniac site there is someone that makes gorgeous tube mods out of exotic woods.. They remind me of all those gorgeous MOntblanc , watermen and parker pens. Heck you could make some cool wooden tube covers to slip mods into as a cool "dress up"

ps there is an auction tonight http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/vapor-moon/326638-lets-have-saber-touch-auction-again.html
check it out, plus three is a sale on some too

Last edited:

martsumoto

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 7, 2012
Ecuador
www.liquivapejuice.com
I'm not a fanboy and Ive tried a lot of stuff in vaping which my credit card bills reflects every month lol
In my opinion when there is something I use all the time everyday I try to get the best my money could buy, from a smartphone with which I work all day with to my mods which I vape again, all day long!

The truth is that The provape products are the best in terms of quality and price. If you need VV well the provari is the answer if you don't need VV by all means and for a friendly price buy the very underrated Provape 1. It's a beast!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
How important is being able to change voltage on the fly? If its not then the Kick and a mechanical mod as mentioned above.

I've had my SB since May. I was perfectly content @ 3.7v, but while visiting the AltSmoke store in Columbus the owner allowed me to try a 4.8v nimh battery for 5 volt vaping in my own SB with my own juice. Hmmm....that was very nice! He also allowed me to try a Kick and an extension tube in it. Again, very nice. Now, I get it. I definitely enjoyed the experience and began investigating possibilities.

I decided against Kicking my Bullet. I literally switch between juices and tanks several times throughout my day. I really like variety in my vapes. With the Kick, to change the voltage, you must remove the battery and Kick, turn the slotted screw with a screwdriver, then put both back in the Bullet. Since there is no digital readout on the Bullet, the results are all by taste. If not satisfied with the set voltage, you have to go thru the process again.

That is exactly one of the main reasons I got a Provari. The other reasons include the same American origin, the finely machined threading of the tube, the durability and sturdiness, it will probably outlive me, the "what you set is what you get" microprocessor setting, the built-in voltmeter and battery meter, the multiple safety features built in to the electronics. Oh, and its variable voltage on the fly with just 5 quick clicks on the switch.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread