Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick N

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2014
Columbus, Ohio
So I read in another thread that your tobacco flavors are extracted. I previously avoided your menthol tobacco flavor for my Wife because I was afraid it would have that fake tobacco taste that my Mom actually likes. (Please don't take that the wrong way!) Does your menthol tobacco have any cooling effect (from menthol crystals)?

I bought your menthol DIY kit a while back and haven't been able to create something my Wife likes, which *seems* to be keeping her from quitting the real deal. She is pretty much looking for a 1:1 clone of her current cigarette, which is Good Stuff Menthol "pipe tobacco" (wink wink) and Premier Menthol filters (menthol junkie right?).

She is looking for 100% true menthol flavor, no spearmint or wintergreen she says. 18mg was too harsh, so now I am diluting to 12mg nic.

Her brother quit 8 weeks ago and is still going strong. He is more receptive to non-tobacco flavors for his all day vape. When she first started vaping I bought all kinds of flavors for her (with your blitz sales it was easy), but now they sit in the box unused.

I need some guidance! If your menthol tobacco flavor is extracted and has a menthol cooling effect, I may start there. If I can get her to quit I will gladly buy it by the gallon.

Nick

mightymen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    I was also use to RYO with "Good Stuff Menthol pipe tobacco" when I started vaping, found out I had to DYI my juice to come even close to something I liked. I've been using this for almost two years, it's not perfect but close enough for me...

Double RY4 as the main flavor. 10%
    Tobacco Absolute very small amount.
    Cotton Candy
    Vanillin
    Menthol 4.5%
    Smooth very small amount.

One tip use a device that has adjustable volts/wattage settings.

Last edited:

shatteredsoul76

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 23, 2014
    Portland, TN, USA
    I was sort of in the same boat with my wife not with menthol tobacco but just menthol. I bought 2 vials of menthol and added it to a full bottle of DIY base. I couldnt really tell the menthol was in it and my wife hated it. I made a 30 ml batch with the menthol base mix and added some mint along with a hint of vanilla and koolada.

Even though my wife said it wasnt too bad she still wont vape it and Im not a fan of menthol.:( Im thinking of mixing the 100ml+ thats left with some strawberry, mint, vanilla and koolada in hopes that I can vape it myself, if not I guess its a loss.

JoyPeace

ECF Veteran
    Apr 11, 2014
    Philadelphia ,USA
    I refuse to order from any other company so I end up still smoking 1-6 cigs a day . If Walt can get a good menthol so those cigs are gone I will be forever grateful . Before killer juice vaping was not helping me instead I was vaping in between smokes raising my total intake so from 3 packs a day to just 6 on a very very bad day is amazing. I had my first cig of the day at 6:40 pm today vaping peach milkshake :)

shatteredsoul76

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 23, 2014
    Portland, TN, USA
    I would love to find some kind of flavors I could add to this huge menthol base mix I already have that would please my wife so I can start to DIY her juice all the time and save her some $. She has vaped literally nothing but menthol from magic mist or myst? for a few years now and seems too content with it. I know for a fact that there is better menthol juice options out there such as KJ and I have only vaped for a little over a month. She was a 2 PAD menthol smoker until she started vaping.

I welcome any and all simple but elegant KJ menthol DIY recipes, Walt??? Help a brother out.

JoyPeace

ECF Veteran
    Apr 11, 2014
    Philadelphia ,USA
    I ordered menthol with extra flavor and without and not sure which I am using. I didn't like it vaped by itself . I have no idea what the flavor I got was but it wasn't menthol to me and was harsh on my throat . I tried mixing it with mint candy and it was better but still didn't work for me . So , I said what the heck and mixed it with shamrock shake with extra floving and this is the closest I have gotten to menthol cigs. It isn't perfect as I'd like a bit stronger mint flavor but it is pretty darn good and I even went one day with no cigs at all.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread