in search of -regulated squonk mod -fork in the road!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannyskastle

Dec 27, 2017
califorina
whats up people's! this is my first post,sorry if i'm in the wrong place and if this subject has already been posted.i have been on the search for months now looking for a squonk mod.here is my dilemma.i would like to find a dual battery squonk.no-gbox,kangertech,ijoy,c.o.v.
i am not a fan of single battery mod,but looks like i have to be open minded.anyhow this is where i need your help/thoughts.my everyday setup is the rx300,bonza rda,dual fused clapton
(pre-built) .15ohm coils,85-95w.i am not sure if a boxer dna 75 would be enough power for me,i have also been looking at the rebel 166,but mod & company seems a bit janky.makes me question why rebel has only sent out a mod to hai haze to review??also been looking at mcmmods,but again that is a single battery mech,not sure if its worth the money.my budget is around $300.if you know of any squonk mods let me know.been vaping 5 years and not new to mech mods.advice/suggestions welcomed.thanks again....vape on1

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Howdy and welcome :)
There are several dual battery squonkers, both mech and VV. The VV ones are mostly quite new though, so reliability is a bit up in the air. I don’t own a squonker at all so I’m not the best source. I’m sure someone with better info will be along though.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Hi and welcome. I am more interested in mech squonkers; I think the only regulated boxes I have are a pair of CoV Wraith, which are 1 cell mods (nice machines, BTW, but not in the 90 Watt range). But I have a buddy who likes the Kanger Dripbox 160 a lot. I can't go bail for it myself, I don't have one. But he says it's his daily driver. Paging @pwheeler ...

jfcooley

I find your lack of faith disturbing...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2017
Charlottesville, Virginia
Lost Vape Drone BF DNA 250 166W Squonker Box Mod $136.99 & Free Shipping - Cheap Vaping Deals

Lost Vape Drone BF DNA 250 166W Squonker Box Mod

@jfcooley can probably help you with squonks

The Drone is a good device but Lost Vape has mentioned they're refreshing it. If you're interested in it I'd wait. Lost Vape just released a new single battery regulated, I feel like the entire line will be refreshed. Just a feeling.

Geekvapes dual has seemingly been a solid device. If I had to have a dual right this moment that would be the one to order.

iJoy is releasing a 20700 dual. Looks a lot like the Geekvape. Given the 100w issues I'd wait until reviews drop. Especially reviews from those that aren't into kissing vendor .....

I don't have a dual battery squonk. I sat on the fence with the Geekvape but decided that I'd rather stick with my Therion/pulse/dotsqounk. If you're budget is 300 I would wait right now. Maybe an inexpensive single and see what coming.

XRec C

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2017
Florida
I love my Gbox 200! Dual 18650, regulated, with a chip that's perfectly adequate for me. I admit I do very little TC but the occasional SS setup and it handles that fine. I'm not crazy about the Radar that comes with it although it's quite functional. I just prefer the flavor of my Dead Rabbit. Dual SS and Kanthal framed staples @ 2.5mm ID, 6-7 wraps comes out to around 0.35ohms and tastes amazing at about 50 watts. The best part is even with new batteries,wire,wick,
IMAG0157_BURST014.jpg
and juice the whole kit will come in far less than your budget

Reactions: stols001

pwheeler

Just Vaping
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Weimar, TX
I, too, have been looking for dual battery squonkers. I do own and use daily my Kangertech dripbox 160's. 2 have been used in my harsh environment at work and also at home for well over a year. I can't vouch for the TC aspect of the mods as I only use power mode, but they are a great machine for such an inexpensive price. I vape all day and night on those two using .3 ohm dual coil stumpies. I could go well into the next day, but go with fresh batteries before work. As content as I am, I'd love to have another just for variety. The Lost Vapes mods are a little too pricey for me, but they are dynamite. If I had a $300 budget, I'd go for one of those.

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread