in the beginning...i asked the guy what was in his pocket....

Status
Not open for further replies.

dandelionwings

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2011
Lexington, KY
i was at work yesterday and someone walked in and for some strange reason, i was curious as to this unique item in his side pockets and without any grace or style, i just blurted out, "what's in your pocket?" 0.o
yeah, i know, not what you expect from a virtual stranger. i think it was fate since it turned out to be a ProVari and as the fates have a way of colliding---i stopped smoking approx 5 1\2 months ago, with the help of small electronic cigs that i can get locally. i've used the "disposable" and then i moved on to the "rechargeable". to date, i've used three brands and it's been like pulling hair to get and maintain a source of cartridges.
i feel like i spend a fortune and i always seem to want more of it.
i'm intrigued by the ProVari and am here in the hopes of learning more about vaping. thankfully, this dude wasn't fazed in the least about showing me the provari and telling me about juice. he actually led me here and has given me a ton of information that i haven't even begun to decipher.
so anyways, i'll start reading the forums as i have time and i'm appreciative that there is a site filled with such information.
have a wonderful evenning. :)
~dandelionwings

36tinybells

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2011
Right Over Here
Welcome Dandielionwings! Glad you made it here!
You didn't say what you have been paying for cartos, so I will point you to Crystal Clear Vaping. He has 15 carto deals, like the 1.7 Resurrectors and/or Boges for good prices (I paid 21 approx for the 15 pack of Resurrectors recently). I have been using his store for months. I think the discount code is ECF5off, for another 5% - check the thread for exactness, though! Shipping is free or less than $2 for confirmed delivery. :)

Charlz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2011
upstate NY
And here you are! Knowledge is power and the Provari is neutral. Now that you have pulled those hairs, do you know what you have been using? It's probably 510 or 808/910. Pictures help sometimes. I won't promise you won't spend a fortune anymore, although I will promise a smaller fortune, but I will promise it will be worth your time and effort.

Running Wolf

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2011
North East Ohio
Welcome aboard, and ask away.

Friendly lot we have here. Ask a question and you will get a few different options, but don't fret. Everyone's style is a bit different so find some folks who seems like that have a style similar to yours and it will help narrow things down for you.

Hardware is a bit more objective than juice. Ask 10 people their favorite thing to drink and you will get 10 different answers.

Fazed

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2011
Lexington, Kentucky
Hey! You made it! I thought that maybe after that novel I emailed you, you'd run and hide! Glad you made it over here, and like the others have said previously, we are a friendly lot of people who enjoy our freedom from the stinky sticks, and love helping others be successful in their vaping journeys as well. BTW, I'm glad you asked about the Provari. Perhaps it was providence.

Great intro BTW!!!

Sent via cellular communication device...

Last edited:

whitetortuga

ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2011
United States
Glad you found your way to these forums! This place will help you in ways you never imagined, and they will do everything to help you save money, even if it is a $1 difference!

Like you, most of us here started with those cheap disposable ones (or mall kiosk ones). Now that you are here, you can truly see what the world of vaping is about! It is much larger than I'm sure you have ever experienced.

Why not start out by showing us what you are vaping now? Let us know how much you want to spend, how much you vape, and all the other details so we can get you set up with the right gear!

Fazed

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2011
Lexington, Kentucky
The Provari in my pocket... I have a couple different pairs of cargo pants that have this extra little pocket... Perfect for PV's!!!

cda78099-6b71-d112.jpg

Sent via cellular communication device...

dandelionwings

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2011
Lexington, KY
Wow---you guys really are friendly! I posted my hello before bed and this morning, I'm pleasantly surprised with this thread. :)
Fazed, muchos gracias =)
The first brand that I bought was called mystic and I actually picked it up at a truck stop since I saw that it had a charger and I knew that I was planning on quitting smoking, so in my mind, I was like wtf why not? The good news---I quit smoking. The bad news---when the cartridges I bought that night I was traveling were finished---so was my system! No one locally carried the brand nor any cartridges that would fit! Then I bought a second brand and charger at a speedway while camping. I thought, ok speedways are everywhere so I got it---only to find out that my local speedways don't carry the cartridges---only the disposables of that brand. I went to a ton of "cigerette shops" everyone different, everyone very inconvenient and no one friendly to my frustrations lol
Finally I went in to the Save a lot smoke shop that I pass daily going to work and they carried the setup for njoy and cartridges. I spoke to te lady, explained my situation and was told that they always keep it in stock. Yayz score!!!
So now I have my njoy and use te full flavor 1.8% nicotine (which really doesn't last me very long) the second time I needed cartridges, I was shocked when they said they were discontinuing them cuz of lack of buyers. I've been round and round with them and they finally order them and now I think some of the batteries are wearing out. I only "enjoy" the first hour or so and then it all diminishes, quickly such as little flavor, less vapor ----I have three batteries so that I can try to have a charged one at all times. I now spend approx $40-60 every other week.
I'd like an expensive starter set and upgrade later---can I do this on less than $20/week. Home isn't happy that I'm still spending so much weekly still as this switch was to better my health and my budget.
So that's my story and omg, I heard that I can get tiramisu flavor? Thanks for listening to my babble! :)))
---dandelion wings

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Hi dandelionwings welcome to ECF and congrats on quitting. I DIY my own juices and spend $2.00 per week. It is recommended that you purchase from an ECF listed vendor as they are generally far more reputable and, if not, members will call them out. You'll also find most of the vendors here have discount codes- anywhere from 5%- 35%. Lots and lots of deals out there such as the Crystal Clear Vaping with discount ECF5off, for another 5% as previously mentioned.
Happy Vaping, Vapoor.

JollyRogers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2009
Virginia
"Can I do this on less then $20/week" - YES you can. The initial up front cost should be $20-70, and then it all depends on how much your juice refills are.

Some low cost setups are the SD keyring by Trog available at electronicstix.com, various 510 setups with either cartomizers or atomizers, eGo type setups (or clones) with cartomizers or atomizers, and 808 kit like from bloog or v4l, or going to a "mod".

I usually recommend an eGo type with a cartomizer like a smoktech for a starter kit and either Liberty Flights or cignot as a source.

I buy liquid from various vendors, and a lot of people have their favorites (as do I). On the inexpensive side, I use bluemistvaping, and on MY fav side, I like vermillion river. Additionally, one can DIY.

Read up on some of the stuff people recommend, and how to refill cartomizers that you are considering purchasing...

And finally, welcome to ECF and best of luck on your adventure!

PS: Google is your friend, don't forget to check if a discount is avail from the vendor you choose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread