In the market for a Mech mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SinX7

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Las Vegas, NV USA
Hey everyone, I'm looking to upgrade from my Vamo v2 from fasttech to a quality and budget Mech mod. Don't really know much about mech mods, so I don't know anything specific, beside I would like it to be able to run 18650 battery.

I trying to learn about rda/RBA right now, so anything that will be compatible with that would be great.

Budget: $50ish. Want to try it out first and see if I like it.

Current setup:
Vamo v2 w/ Panasonic 18650 battery.
Pro tank 2 with stock coil.

Thanks!

CloudZ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
Also consider the Samsung INR18650-20R for a battery... 22 amp limit and excellent voltage retention at 10+ amps. There is a test report out there that speaks to this. Best reliable deal I found was on eBay.

Just don't order batteries from fasttech until there is proof they can get through Hong Kong Post. I have some still sitting there after a month, along with an ego and a tablet stylus, nothing anyone can do about it.

Thommi

Sep 4, 2013
RE, Italy
Personally I believe, the biggest problem with an RBA and a VV/VW mod is the limited output power.
Especially if you target above 15 watts.
There´s the DNA20 which can reach up to 20 watts, also recently a few other mods have come up that can do up to 20 watts, but that´s it.
The real big problem on reaching a higher output is not building a coil that would output 30 watts, at an average of 3.5 volts a lithium battery provides, you reach 30 watts with a coil of +/- 0.4 ohm, but you need batteries that can handle 10 amps or more for that and those run rather expensive.

My personal solution is taking advantage of the Vamo´s stacking option.
With 2 stacked batteries you double the voltage but you cut the amps in half and while the Vamo with a single battery is limited to 2.5 amps, with 2 stacked batteries it does up to 5 amps.
That´s nothing one should do in a mech mod, but for the Vamo it´s fine.
30 watts on a Vamo requires no more than 2 batteries that can handle 4 amps each.
With 2 stacked batteries in VV mode set to 6 volts the Vamo does deliver 30 watts, IFFFF the coil has precisely 1.2 ohm.
(Higher resistance gives less power, with lower resistance it won´t fire)

Last but not least, the Vamo originally supports only 2x 18350 batteries, but those have only a small capacity.
That´s why I got myself two additional extensions so I can use 2x 18650.

While the Vamo costs +/- $35 and the extensions only $3 a piece, I don´t see any need to use a mech mod.

Attachments

• VamoXXL.jpg
    VamoXXL.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 27

CloudZ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
For batteries I would buy them from reputable vendors. Ebay and amazon are a crap shoot. You never really know if you are buying authentic batteries. Illumination supply. Rtd vapor. And orbtronics are a few reputable sources.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
Batteries came from Orbtronic via ebay.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread