• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Inactive CPUs/Members and Team ECF Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Been noticing that we have a LOT of inactive CPUs. Seems we have quite a few who did one or two work units and then stopped for whatever reason.

As an incentive to keep the Team ECF title, I'm going to start checking to see who's active and who isn't. For now, if there have been no contributions to the team statistics for a year or more, I'm going to remove the team title from the profile. I may adjust this to 6 months later on down the road, but for now, I'm looking at 12 or more months of inactivity.

Reactions: timinftl

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
I'm also going to be checking those who folded a couple of units, requested a title, then stopped the folding client. To me, that just smacks of trying to get the title without actually doing anything for the team. Those titles will be removed as well, regardless of the length of time that's passed.

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
I've been slowly working my way through the list, and am rapidly approaching the end of the list.

Up to now, I've been removing the titles on accounts that haven't processed a work unit in over a year, or did just a few to get the title.

After doing some thinking on this, I'm going to set the cutoff at 6 months. This will accommodate for those that tend to shut things down during the hotter months.

Reactions: Shipwreck

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I realize this may be rather low on the priority list, with all the :w00t: of the "conversations," but will we be getting the Team ECF title back? That was how I first found out about folding@home so it's good PR, to have them...

Thx
Andria

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
I agree with Andria, our team is losing active members faster than we have been replacing them.

And that is a shame, a crying shame, when a simple linked title could get back the "clickbait." The absence of that link is why I put the folding@home thing in my sig. Truthfully, with folding@home running in the background, I never even notice it's running unless I actually look at the webpage that shows it working.

So many unused CPU cycles that could be put to good and valuable use...

Andria

irwink

CASAA Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2010
Norfolk, Virginia, USA
I agree with Andria, our team is losing active members faster than we have been replacing them.
Folding@Home is not promoted on ECF. I've tried from time to time. This part of the forum is buried. We used to have our own sub topic listed on the main forum page. Seems the powers that be really don't care.

On another note I'll be shutting down my folding rigs next week as I'll be out of town. I used to manage them remotely but they're a few cracks in remote management of Windows machines.

Reactions: cinetrope

cinetrope

ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2014
Joshua Tree, CA
Folding@Home is not promoted on ECF. I've tried from time to time. This part of the forum is buried. We used to have our own sub topic listed on the main forum page. Seems the powers that be really don't care.
It's pretty amazing what a relative "handful" of folders have done for this team...and we don't even have the incentive of EVGA Bucks...

irwink

CASAA Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2010
Norfolk, Virginia, USA
Sorry folks. We're still working on things under the hood. The titles will come back, but until we get some other things settled and working properly, some of the "foo foo" things continue to take a back seat.
When and if the titles come back do what you said you were going to do - strip it from long inactive members. Currently there are only 67 active members out of 669. Put up or shut up.

Reactions: Shipwreck

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
When and if the titles come back do what you said you were going to do - strip it from long inactive members. Currently there are only 67 active members out of 669. Put up or shut up.

Actually I can't say I really mind that... it gives those of us actually doing it a chance to rise up the Team ECF ratings list! :D

Andria

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas

Just because the title is removed doesn't remove them from the Team list. The majority of that 669 no longer belong to the Team ECF usergroup. Bear in mind, the list and what we do here with the title are two totally separate things. We have absolutely no control over the actual team list displayed by Folding@Home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread