• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Inawera flavoring held at Canada customs. * Perplexed *

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrostyMtl

Apr 2, 2014
Montréal
I am a tad perplexed.
I have a parcel containing the following flavors/concentrates sent by Inawera in Poland using DHL:

E-FLAVOUR "YUMMY CLASSIC WAFFLE" - 10 ml.
LEMON CAKE CONCENTRATE - 10 ml.
E-FLAVOUR CLASSIC FOR PIPE "DARK" 10 ml.
CONCENTRATE BISCUIT - 10 ml.
CUSTARD CONCENTRATE - 10 ml.
E - FLAVOUR "BLACK JACK tobacco" - 10 ml.
E-FLAVOUR TABACCO "GOLD DUCAT" - 10 ml.
E-FLAVOUR TABACCO "tobacco SYMPHONY" - 10 ml.
E-FLAVOUR DROMEDARY by Inawera - 10 ml

It seems has stopped at customs and won't budge from there.

Inawera told me to contact DHL.
DHL told me that it did not have any information at all and to contact customs.
I am disappointed that DHL can't even tell me what actually happened to the parcel.
I contacted customs and left a message and they never called back. No one actually answers the extension that I was given.

I am wondering what the exact issue could be.
The was no liquid containig nic in the order.

Anyone have any idea?

Thanks!

FRoSTy

vincom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Philippines
they think it contains nic and/or tobacco.
afaik they will test it via health canada, how long for that to be completed? anyones guess, but expect a min of a few months. you need to call directly the customs location where your products are" detained".
call early as they dont bother w/any1 in the afternoon, u know , union bylaws, but still no guarantee of any response, they dont have to answer to anyone especially the paying public.
they are the police, judge and jury pertaining to these matters.

skiball

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2016
Hi skiball,
Your probably right, perhaps they think it's eJuice.
However, if it were, the nic concentration would be written on the bottle.
I am not aware of any law prohibiting the importation of flavoring, are you?

FRoSTy
No there isn't anything against flavoring. Maybe they'll figure out its nic free on their own. I'm crossing my fingers for ya lol.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
Niagara Region, ON CANADA
This is actually funny because I've received 6 packages in the last month or so from China and all had e-juice with nic in them. One package had 12 bottles inside and nary a sideways look from customs.

Well okay, not funny because it's frustrating... but stupid-funny, ya know?

BTW, is it cheaper to buy direct from Inawera? You only picked up 10 ml bottles. If I was going to the trouble to buy direct I think I would pick up the 120 ml size.

vincom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Philippines
prices for flavors are pretty good at DIY eJuice - Concentrated Flavoring for DIY located in Abbotsford, BC
vg 4l usp/coconut derived, ~$55 shipped incl tx from here Glycerin, vegetable source USP | Coop Coco located in quebec
pg 4l at local ida pharmacy,~$55
i buy bottles of flavor 30ml and bigger, fav flavs 120ml, its more cost effective buying larger sizes, maybe smaller 10ml if im testing new flavor
w/shipping and taxes its still very good for the money and receive it within a week to my house

Last edited:

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
Reactions: Fog n Vape

FrostyMtl

Apr 2, 2014
Montréal
The conclusion to this story...

The flavors which were ordered were testers, since I never tried them before. Because of the fact that I knew that I would never receive the package, I bought some Inawera flavoring from DIY eJuice, and those that they did not stock, I got directly from Inawera in 120 ml, shipped by regular post this time, not DHL, and guess what? I actually received that package, unopened.

Well two months after the shipping date of the package referred to in the OP, I received the classic recommendation letter from health Canada.

Clearly, CBSA thought that the parcel contained eJuice. They even claimed that there was nic in the liquid in the letter but no indication if true lab test results, Enthalpy style.

Now I would just like to know how the heck they could even claim that there was nic in the flavoring.

Furthermore, I won't get into the fact that a recommendation from health Canada is not a law.

P.S.
I also purchase my PG and VG @ Coop Coco, very pleased. Excellent VG.

FRoSTy

Reactions: ceeceeisme

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
Well now, isn't that a bit Orwellian? :eek:

I was wondering what happened with this as I was thinking of getting some sample sizes from Inawera too (one's that DIY doesn't carry, like Pink Panther and several others).

Soooooo..... what gives? I got scads of e-juice with nic from China (I'm DIYing now so not a concern for me anymore) and you can't buy FLAVOURING from Europe??? Flavouring that can be used for BAKING?

Um, hello Health Canada?

I think if this happened to me I would be hopping mad and firing off a nasty-gram to HC.

FrostyMtl

Apr 2, 2014
Montréal
Well, I presume that I am blacklisted in some way; as, when I first started vaping four or five year ago, I bought from V2 cigs in the states and my parcels got stopped at customs because of the nic content two or three times.
Thus, I am familiar with HC's recommendation letters.

However, this case is infuriating as I know that there is no nic in flavoring, CBSA should be intelligent enough to know that to.

I have been a DIY eJuice customer for almost three or four years and I am really happy with them. Pristine flavoring, you know that it won't be diluted.

Do business w Canvape for hardware.

Coop Coco for VG and PG. Their coconut based VG is thicker than any other, and its purity is also good, as a sent a sample to Enthalpy of a VG eliquid that I mixed with it and there was negligible water content. Plus, from what I read, it seems that there is less intolerance to coconut VG than soy or palm.

FRoSTy

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
Still.... the whole thing illustrates how thick-headed some people are. It's flavouring for goodness sake, who cares what you do with it (it's none of their business anyway - maybe you're making candy, how can they possibly know what you intend to do with it). Besides, last time I checked, food flavours were a legal product.

BTW - I ordered a 4L jug of VG from Coco Co-op - it's on its way.
I've never used Canvape but have checked their prices - mostly reasonable but I generally buy all my hardware from China. Batteries from IMR.

I make sure I am well stocked ahead now - if I feel I may need a new mod or RTA or other supplies I'll order and just wait as I've got lots here now. If I was in some sort of panic I would certainly choose Canvape. :)

FrostyMtl

Apr 2, 2014
Montréal
I totally agree w you Cecee!

That's why I am displeased and ...... off w the whole thing.
It's only flavoring and they seized it with the pretext that it had nic content. Totally uncool and uncalled for.

I also get VG from Coco by the gallon ;-)

I am not affiliated with any suppliers that I recommended but am simply happy with them.

Took a lot of searching to find good and reliable sources in Canada.

FRoSTy

Reactions: ceeceeisme

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
Very uncool. I'm wondering if you got flagged because you are truly blacklisted (pretty sure that is a real thing, not a conspiracy theory) or because there were some tobacco flavours included. Would the same thing happen if I just ordered fruit flavours? I don't think I'm on the CBSA's blacklist - at least not yet.

So the moral of this story is... use regular post, not DHL. With the ever increasing glut of international mail in the last 10 years, they just can't keep up. Never saw it coming, never planned for it. The wild west of vaping is alive and well in Canada.... for now.

FrostyMtl

Apr 2, 2014
Montréal
Ceecee, I would tend to agree that the tob flavoring did not help.
That is possibly the reason why they thought that the parcel contained eJuice.

I do know that the blacklist exists, I sometimes have problems importing Capella flavoring even if it's only custard and cake flavoring.

Several times the shipping company asked me for power of attorney forms, although at those specific times, they were probably
wondering if I was an individual or a corporate entity.

They cleared it and charged customs fees.
I sometimes wonder what happened to free trade, is it a myth!

FRoSTy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread