Increasing the throw of a Mech Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
Right. Which is why I retracted my earlier statement, so as to remove my foot from my mouth, so as not to eventually need a glass bellybutton to see. My original reply of a stiffer spring still stands.
A stiffer spring still has nothing to do with the length of the throw especially if it has a magnetic button (no spring). Reading is fundamental. You keep proving you have no clue what you're talking about.

Reactions: greek mule

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
Yea i'm only getting the Mage Mech so, I don't need to buy a new mod if i want to try a Stacked mod im planning to run it primarily in single for a while. Probably going to buy or build some coils that will hopefully ohm out to around .35-.45 when I get it.

He wants a stiffer button but we don't have info if it utilizes spring or magnets.

My best, semi-educated, guess is that he got the mage mech he mentioned in the thread Baditude linked to on page one.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
I took"hair trigger, for soft if I understood it wrong I apologize.
I need to refresh my English
You're good. The OP is vague on details. Here's an example maybe
I have a custom built target rifle that has a trigger pull of 3lbs but it has an extremely short throw. Just have to barely touch the trigger and it fires. I also have a custom built AR15 that the trigger has been worked but has standard throw and 3lb pull. It definitely takes effort to pull the trigger far enough to fire. The target rifle has a hair trigger and the AR15 does not. Does that make sense?

Reactions: greek mule

greek mule

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2018
Athens,Greece
You're good. The OP is vague on details. Here's an example maybe
I have a custom built target rifle that has a trigger pull of 3lbs but it has an extremely short throw. Just have to barely touch the trigger and it fires. I also have a custom built AR15 that the trigger has been worked but has standard throw and 3lb pull. It definitely takes effort to pull the trigger far enough to fire. The target rifle has a hair trigger and the AR15 does not. Does that make sense?
Yes pretty understood.Thanks!

Reactions: Don29palms

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
Don’t they have pills for flaccid button issues? Iirc they’re small and blue.
FB_IMG_1567202958106.jpg

mimöschen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2016
My best, semi-educated, guess is that he got the mage mech he mentioned in the thread Baditude linked to on page one.
If that's the case, one of the tubes of the Mage Stacked is slightly longer than the other. That one is suited for atties with a longer 510 in combination with slightly larger 21700s like the Golisi S35 and thus will give you a longer throw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread