INCREDIBLE 510 cart upgrade!

Status
Not open for further replies.

a2dcovert

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2009
Louisiana
I've tried this method using the smallest possible tube I could find(the plastic flexible Q-tip, and it had an extremely small diameter). I did the exact method described in this thread(angle cut at the bottom, top of tube about 2mm below the top of cart) and the only thing that happened for me was this. If I held the e-cig vertically with the LED facing upward, the hit was above average and flavorful. However, as soon as I turned the e-cig vertically downward(with LED end facing down) air would rush into the cart and close to the entire content of the cart would empty into the atty. I could hear and feel it occurring. I then had to take the unit apart and blow out the atomizer. I'm not sure what I did wrong?:confused:

If you keep the straw end below the polyfil and don't overfill the cart this wont happen. It has happened to me but it always was that I simply put in too much liquid. If you put in more liquid than the filler can hold it will look for somewhere to go and gravity will help.

Kevin

a2dcovert

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2009
Louisiana
Given we're using plastic carts and plastic fiberfill, but the plastic straw idea scares me a little...who knows what's in those cheap, disposable things when they heat up! Anyway, I came from a healthcare family, and I should be able to get various sizes of needles to cut up and try. I'll let you all know what works best (hopefully something you can buy in your local pharmacy!) -j4mmin

If the mod is done properly the straw will not be exposed to the heating coil. This is one reason the straw should be installed in the curved end of the cart. The straws upper end should be just slightly below the level of the polyfil. You will experience melting of the cart lip if you allow the cart to run dry or if you hold down the button too long when drawing. I have yet to see an issue of the straw getting too hot.

Kevin

KreeL

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
West Texas
^ That is correct ^

You won't melt the straw, you won't vape any plastic, and the fiberfil, when kept moist at all, is highly resistant to the heat generated by the atty. Do you still remember smoking analogs all the way down to the ....? Were you worried about them melting? It just doesn't happen the way many noobs think. Try the mod and find out for yourself. :)

Generic

Jul 16, 2009
This mod certainly works as far as easy filling and getting every drop out of a cart but....

How in the heck can this improve draw? Perhaps this has been answered - I tapped out on this thread at page 7. Draw on a 510 does NOT go through the filler material but rather through the two side vents.

Am I missing something here?

Regardless, though, this is a kickass simple mod that works great!

-Generic

UptownRiot

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2009
Jacksonville, FL
im tempted to try this on my 8041 / super mini/ npro/ all the other names it has. any idea on if it will work

As small as the cart is I can't imagine this would help that much. The amount of space available to liquid in that cart is tiny, and the amount of that space you would displace with the straw would seem to negate any potential benefit.

Certainly let us know how it turns out though if you try it!

a2dcovert

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2009
Louisiana
This mod certainly works as far as easy filling and getting every drop out of a cart but....

How in the heck can this improve draw? Perhaps this has been answered - I tapped out on this thread at page 7. Draw on a 510 does NOT go through the filler material but rather through the two side vents.

Am I missing something here?

Regardless, though, this is a kickass simple mod that works great!

-Generic

You are right, the straw mod had nothing to do with improving the draw. It will improve the vapor experience and liquid usage. I don't use any cart without first installing a straw.

Kevin

vapn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
UK
I was using the double sided ones and then cutting them in half long ways. This gives me a REAL small straw. The other very important part of this mod it to leave space below the filler material. Kinda a sump. I also got into putting a spring in there to hold up the real small amount of filler cause you really only need enough to touch the bridge. Why fill the whole cart with the sponge anyway. This was all in good until I just started dripping and did away with carts altogether. Why would you want to do all that topping off and dripping on the cart anyway. Why not just drip right on the atomizer and stop worrying about the darn cart....???
Just my HO>>>

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
I am trying pure cotton tissues put out by Lenscrafters for safely cleaning glasses. As far as I know there are no added chemicals, like Puffs or Kleenex scents. I am doing essentially the same thing as the TB method, along with the genius straw mod, which I insert a syringe into for filling the cart from the bottom up. Really nice, well behaved cart and vapor. No added taste, although the time-to-top taste is there, but different than the stock poly fill taste. Seems to be working like a champ, and it is easier to roll up than the TB sheet.

And I got a lot of it. :D

Kurt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread