Eastern, PA, USA
Reactions: tmcase

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Yes, and the language in the decision shows the judge thought all of this was very underhanded! Here's to hoping the FBI reads it!
I'm a little confused, does this only apply to out of state manufacturers? Are in-state manufacturers still required to abide by the law?

Reactions: Verb

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Ya, still confused on what this ruling is and if we can buy juice via internet sales/out of state or not

As I am Reading the Ruling, not being a Lawyer, it looks like some of the In-State Requirements that were attempted to be Applied to Out of State (OOS) companies has be found to be Unconstitutional.

So from a Lay Point of view, this would Open Up OOS Companies/Retailers to Indiana Vapers.

I'm sure some More Knowledgeable will chime in in the coming days to Explain just what the Outcome with be.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I like this part of the court's decision:
The astoundingly specific provisions for the qualifications of the security firm that the manufacturer must commit to hire for at least five years raise still more questions that go well beyond the Commerce
Clause.
[...]
These circumstances raise obvious concerns about protectionist purposes and what looks very much like a legislative grant of a monopoly to one favored in-state company in the security business.
Tell me those judges aren't practically begging to have someone bring a case brought before them on that basis?

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Don't know bout that Zoid. Not sure the new administration would want the new Attorney General investigating a possibly corrupt law the new Vice President signed into law while at his last job

Yeah... My question was kinda a Thinly Veiled comment on what is Wrong with the Politicalized Judicial System in our country.

Reactions: skoony

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
If it does come to that and Pence gets hammered by this, he has no one to blame.

Watched a live video on Hoosier Vapers facebook last night and they're asking that everyone have patience, that the attorney's are combing through the ruling and they'll post what it all means for us in the days ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread