Inexpensive VW tube mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

spaceman84

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2013
North Carolina
I'm looking to upgrade to a mod with a smoother output than my itaste 134. So far I've come across the sigelei 20W, Vamo, and Lavatube. Any input on other options I'm missing? I'm running Cerotank with 1.6ohm BVC and Hygeia clearomizers. I figure I don't need more than 20W. I like the SX200 chip but a mod with buttons or dials for wattage adjustment is preferable. I know everyone prefers box mods these days but I like how my old Nemesis feels in my hand. The 134 is just too big for pockets. The Nemesis was the right size.

Rwb1500

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2014
South Central PA
I think I may be a minority for wanting a tube mod with these particular features.

A cheap tube mod without PWM might be hard to find.

KSD and Tobeco both make a DNA 30 tube mod.

Have you looked at the Innokin SVD 2?

Edit; What do you consider inexpensive?

Last edited:

PaulBHC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
Arizona
I have the Sig Zmax tele and MVPs and now an SVD 2.0

Yes the Sig is a 33hz RMS and yes the Innokin line is a smooth vape. The Sig is not bad at 7-8w that I vape at. No rattle and smooth enough. I can tell the difference when I switch a topper to the MVP. I do like the flexibility of 18350, 18490 and 18650 up to 15w or stacked 18350 for up to 24w.

So far I like the SVD 2.0 but it is long and heavy. DNA 20 chip with step down. Lockable buttons. Nice feel to button presses. Good smooth vape. efest 3100 is longer than AW 2000 and cap doesn't screw on all the way but it works.

On sale at vapor beast for 49.97 and should be able to use code YEAHBABY for 10% off.

juggler86

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2015
Wisconsin
Mechanical with a kick?
Tons of options there.

Who uses a kick these days. Not saying you, but the onlu people I ever here talk about kicks are newbs who watched an old GrimmGreen video and want a SilverBullet with a kick.

Tesla makes decent products they have a 20w and 30w tube that are both within your price range.

Google VW tube mods and you will find tons of mods nobody has mentionsed. When you find something you like look up reviews on youtube

spaceman84

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2013
North Carolina
Who uses a kick these days. Not saying you, but the onlu people I ever here talk about kicks are newbs who watched an old GrimmGreen video and want a SilverBullet with a kick.

Tesla makes decent products they have a 20w and 30w tube that are both within your price range.

Google VW tube mods and you will find tons of mods nobody has mentionsed. When you find something you like look up reviews on youtube
My issue is that I want the smooth DC output of the SX or DNA chips. There are a few DNA20 tube mods but they're crazy expensive for what they are,with the exception of the SVD 2.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread