Status
Not open for further replies.

bgoracy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2012
New Hampshire
Hello All,

I used Tasty Vapor chocolate flavor with extra sweetener exclusively for many many years. It sucked when they closed down. Does anyone know the specific chocolate flavor they used to use and who sells it? Also does anyone know the specific sweetener they used and who sells it? I have been using Capella double chocolate and Vapor Vapes DIY Sweetener, but it's really not the same. I would LOVE to duplicate that flavor but I can't seem to get it quite right.

Thanks!

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Sounds interesting, but never had it.
I use the double chocolate V2 and double chocolate clear in my ADV.
I mix 2.5 % of either double chocolate, 1.5% of Bavarian Cream and .5% of sweetener (using sucrose but have used others).

If I don't have my chocolate vape... I don't want to think about it!

bgoracy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2012
New Hampshire
Hi Brian,
Our recipes are going to remain intellectual property for the foreseeable future as our business may open again someday or we may sell our business overseas. We have no idea what the future holds.

I would highly recommend looking into DIY for the future. What I can say is that your recipe is just one flavoring so it won’t be too difficult to replicate. There are only so many US -based flavoring manufacturers on the market so it shouldn’t be too hard to find the chocolate flavoring you are looking for.

In regards to your other email you sent, we only have one discount available at the moment. Using code CLOSING25 will grant you 25% off your entire order.

Thank you very much for being a supporting customer over the years and we hope one day we can assist you again.

upload_2022-5-28_14-22-32.png

Calvin

Tasty Vapor Mix Team

upload_2022-5-28_14-22-32.png upload_2022-5-28_14-22-32.png

1017 22nd Avenue #110 | Oakland, CA 94606

1 (888) 389-3229

www.TastyVapor.us

This is what they sent me when I asked...

Reactions: FranC

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
What I can say is that your recipe is just one flavoring so it won’t be too difficult to replicate. There are only so many US -based flavoring manufacturers on the market so it shouldn’t be too hard to find the chocolate flavoring you are looking for.

It should narrow down your possibilities since Calvin gave you those 2 important bits of information. Chocolate flavoring is the only flavoring in it, AND it's made by a US manufacturer. Where it's made eliminates several flavoring manufacturers and all of their chocolate flavorings...right away. :thumb:

I'd bet the chocolate flavoring used is TFA, FW, or CAP.

Does the Chocolate Tasty Vapor eliquid taste like chocolate cake? If it does, it could likely be TFA Double Chocolate Clear, according to TFA's description of it. If it has a "richer" chocolate taste, it could be their Double Chocolate Dark, according to their description. Since Tasty Vapor was around pretty early on, I'd doubt the chocolate flavoring would be a V2 [version 2] that some manufacturers have produced the last few years or so.

If the Tasty Vapor eliquid tastes like a fudge brownie...it could be CAP Fudge Brownie flavoring, and not strictly a chocolate flavoring in name.

Last edited:

bgoracy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2012
New Hampshire
Just ordered all of these. I hope one of them is the one I want. I have already tried all of the Capella chocolate flavors and that was a no go.

TFA
Double Chocolate (Clear)
Double Chocolate (Dark)
DX Milk Chocolate Flavor
Milk Chocolate Flavor

FW
Milk Chocolate
Dark Chocolate
Chocolate (Gritty)
Fudge Brownie

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Just ordered all of these. I hope one of them is the one I want.

I hope so, too. :thumbs:
I doubt it's either of the TFA Milk Chocolates though, which is why I didn't mention them in my earlier post. From my experience with both, neither are strong enough to be stand alone flavorings. TFA's description of them includes this: "Note: This is not a strong flavor, but it is a good blender." Another description they also gave, on a different website: "A lighter flavor than the double chocolates. Better for blending than for using alone."

I have already tried all of the Capella chocolate flavors and that was a no go.

Did you try the CAP Fudge Brownie, too, even though it's not called a chocolate flavoring?

Something else that could make a difference in finding THE exact one you're looking for...is figuring out the % of the flavoring they used in the Tasty Vapor eliquid. You may have already tried it, but if the % you used was much lower than what TV used...it might not have tasted like it. Commercial vendors usually use pretty high % of flavorings in their eliquids...higher than most of us use when we DIY our own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread