Initial impressions of my first big purchase of egoT + cartos and juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

darco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2011
India
I received my first big loot of ecigs and juice (that I had posted about here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ed-help-my-first-big-order-2.html#post4722439 ) after about 20 days from ordering it and haggling with the customs office. I had gotten them shipped in 2 separate packages, one containing eliquid + filled cartos, and the other only containing hardware. So incase the customs had issues with the liquid, i'd still get my hardware and use locally available liquid. Funnily, since the value of the liquid was lower, that package came through much eariler, and the customs held the hardware, and I had to produce a bunch of documents and pay duty.

I have ordered a lot of hardware and eliquid, and have tried out all of it in the past 4 days. I think that was all i did in the past 4 days :p So I am going to put down my initial thoughts about all that I have learnt and hope it helps new members here.

BATTERIES: I ordered all original Joyetech products, as I wanted to be sure about quality of the products, and most members here agree that Joyetech has pretty good quality. I got 2 - 650mah passthrough batteries and 1 1000mah battery, to be used between me and my friend. link: [Joyetech] Joye eGo T(Tank) Passthrough 650/1000mAh (USB battery) with Logo [A-06/08-1] - $18.00 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail-- . I am really satisfied with the battery in all aspects. The battery life is amazing! the 650 lasts me almost 1 and a half day. My friend got 3 days of continuous vaping out of the 1000mah battery! All of this is with constant vaping through the day. The 510 style batts have been lasting us about a couple of hours tops! So this is a big win. The best feature of the battery is the passthrough. I absolutely love the fact that you can charge the device while vaping. I realized I need these the moment I saw them! A passthrough charging battery lets you not worry about always having a spare battery around you, as the charging process does not need you to dismantle the ecig. And since I am always next to a USB port, desk or car, its perfect for my setup. I cant insist enough how cool the passthrough is and that mod makers need to consider the idea as well. The third awesome fact about the battery is that, unlike most other eGo clones, it is regulated. Hence the amount of vapor that you get in the first few draws from a charged battery is uniformly the same as the amount you get just before the battery charge depletes. I am a big sucker for consistency and uniformity and hence preferred these than the unregulated batts out there. Lastly, the finish of the batteries and all other Joyetech stuff is top notch. I got a matt black and 2 stainless steel batteries and like em both. The matt black rubberized finish is comfy to hold. The only gripe I have with the batteries is that they dont have any battery indicator. While a lot of clones have LED or even LCD indicators for charge, and some change color of the button LED, this does neither. Just blinks rapidly when the charge has completely depleted. I am hoping Joye comes up with something here. Otherwise, the batteries are perfect. I prefer the size of the 650 as its easily pocketable.

ATOMIZERS, CARTOMIZERS , TANKS: I got a bunch of SR and LR tank attys, again the labeled Joyetech ones, Links: [Joyetech]Joye eGo-T(Tank) Atomizer with Logo (Type A & Type B) [A-06-34] - $12.00 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail-- & [Joyetech] Joye eGo T(Tank) Low Resistance(LR) Atomizer with Logo(Type A&Type B) [A-07/08-2] - $10.00 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail-- All type B, 10 prefilled Boge 510D cartomizers (with 18mg RY4 and 24mg Virginia Tobacco) Link: 5pc Boge 510D Cartomizer in 16 Flavors [Boge 510 D] - $4.50 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail-- - These cartos were heavily recommended by most users here. And 10 of the EMDCCs - 5pc eGo Mega Dual Coil Cartomizer (with HC Logo) - $18.00 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail-- I got these as I like the idea of a large capacity carto..

I have tried out both the cartomizers and the tank and contrary to the common notions here at ECF, I prefer the eGoT tanks more than either of the cartomizers. To be fair, I have had different liquid in all the 3 setups, so my preferences could be biased towards the tank as the juice that I preferred the most, (HC RY4, more on that later) is in the tank. Also do note that I prefer to have lesser TH and prefer to have as much volume of vapor possible. There is something very satisfying about blowing clouds out of your mouth, especially when its pleasant smelling vapor and not smoke :) Your priorities may differ. However, heres my quick feedback on the 3 systems:

Boge 510D - These cartos produce the least amount of vapor or TH when compared to the other 2 systems but in no means is it very little. The vapor from it feels a little dry compared to the others. I purchased matching cones to cover the 510 type cartos and they fit perfectly over these cartos. This setup is the smallest of the 3. Since I did the mistake of ordering prefilled ones, I have only tested these with the RY4 juice that the cartos came with. I am guessing this must be Dekang RY4 since Boge and Dekang are the same company. I have tried dekang RY4 in the tank as well, and preferred the tank to the 510D. I am still not giving up on these yet, will use them a while longer before deciding about these. I am also thinking of getting the SD keychain and using these cartos with it.

Health Cabin Ego Mega Dual Coil Cartomizers ( a.k.a EMDCC) - Thats quite a mouthful of an acronym and the cartos physical size lives up to the name! These cartos are huge! I have only filled one up with Dekang spearmint, and its still going strong! The EMDCC produces the maximum TH and has a few strong points. Firstly it holds a ton of juice. So for most heavy users even, a carto might last through the whole day and maybe longer. It produces strong TH which could be a plus for some, not me though. I got both Matt black and Stainless steel, to match my batteries, and they perfectly blend with the battery to create a neat looking (but huge) ecig. When attached to the 1000mah, the device becomes a mini baton of sorts, but is still classy to hold and use. Due to the easily removable tips (got the flat whistle tips) they are damn easy to fill. However, the vapor volume from these are still not as much as I get from the tanks. I am sure a lot of users will disagree with me on this as a DCC is supposed to produce double the amount of vapor, but I have compared this carto to the tank for 3 days by constantly alternating between them and feel the tanks are producing much better volumes. The vapor is also relatively hotter and the flavor is the highest. To fairly test these I need to put in the HC RY4 juice into one of these, but I have only 5 ml of that left and will do so when my next shipment of juice arrives. The other problem with these cartos are that you have to fill em up with 4 ML of juice, so if you dont like the juice, you will be left with a useless carto. I have also read that you need to top these up every 1ml of use, which means, you can never change the flavor once you fill these. So you need to be sure of the flavor you are filling into these. I am sure experienced users already have their ADV flavors sorted out and this wont be an issue with them. The final issue with these cartos are that I have no idea of how much I have used, how much remains and when do I top up. Maybe I will have an acceptable estimate of these, but having see-through windows would be great.

EgoT Tanks + Attys Type B (SR + LR) - As I have been saying, these have been the setup thats worked the best for me. Besides the fact that I like the vapor from these the most, I like a lot of things about these. I like it that I can clearly see how much juice there is and know before hand when you need to refill. A lot of people on the ECF have had problems with leakage. I got the spillproof silicone caps and havent had any issues regarding leaks (though it may be too early to confidently opine!). The tank snugly fits into the atty and once in, it feels quite solid. I had an egoT clone (Type A) before this and the tank was not so snug. I worried about putting that in my pocket as I worried about the tank accidentally coming off. With these genuine egoTs, that thought doesn't cross my mind. Its so well built and the way it fits together, it feels it would never come off accidentally. The LR attys seem to be producing more vapor than the SR, but the difference is too noticeable to me. Again, I have not tried the same juice between the 2 types of attys so I am not sure of the difference yet. I am currently primarily using the SR atty with a tank and am loving it. I have been cleaning the atty every time I reload the tank by blowing into the screw side of the atty as some users have suggested. When I do that, I see quite a few large drops of very dark liquid come out of the atty. Also when the liquid is down to less than half, the remainder liquid is much darker than the original. I am wondering why this is so. Until now, the tank and the atty have been working faithfully and I am loving the setup. However, my first egoT clone atty clogged and died in 3 days of heavy use. I wonder what the life of these are going to be. I must be one of the odd ones here to prefer these tanks over few of the most recommended cartos. If I like the tanks better than cartos over time, and the attys do not have a good lifespan, I think I will get an eGoC to reduce ongoing cost and hassle of replacing the whole atty. I'll be waiting for type B egoCs for sure though. The TH on these are right between the 510D and the EMDCC and is suiting me the most.

LIQUID - This is where I am currently in a complete mess! I have ordered about 12 flavors of dekang and HC juice, mostly PG based, half of them are 18mg and the other half, 24mg. On the first day of us, both me and my friend realized that 24mg is just too much for us. 18 suits us much better. So immediately half the liquid is not usable any more. I will order some 6mg to dilute these later). The flavors I have tried are: Spearmint, Tobacco, Dunhill, chocolate, clove, lemon, Virginia Tobacco, No flavor and RY4 by Dekang and Healthcabin. Of all of these, I like the HC RY4 the most. It is much different from the Dekang RY4. I liked the spearmint flavor too as its quite refreshing. I can tollerate the tobacco flavor and hate the rest! The dunhill flavor was so bad I immediately threw it away as just smelling the bottle gave me a headache! I still like the first tobacco flavor that I used from here: 5 Cartomizers - SteamLite India I still have some cartos left and try em out once a while to compare flavors and still like it the most. Unfortunately the vendor wont sell liquid and refer to only E Liquid -150 Flavors, E Juice, E Cigarette Liquid, E Cig Liquid, UK, USA, Canada, India, Smoke Juice, Electronic Cigarette Liquid by Zichhi E Liquid if you want to buy liquid. I tried their tobacco too and its not the same.

So I am only left with 5ml of the RY4 juice that I like and need to order some more. I realize I have a lot to discover and learn about flavor, and since flavor preferences are such a personal thing, no amount of forum reviews can help chose what you may like. Though this tip did help a lot http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...537-one-thing-ive-discovered-about-juice.html . I am limited to ordering from China as Juice shipped from the US to India would turn out super expensive and most of the US vendors I mailed, said they have stopped shipping internationally.

So thats where I am. I am loving vaping a LOT and have cut down analogs to 10%. Will surely give em up completely in a week or 2, as I am taking it up slow and steady. I have a lot of questions for the veterans that I'll post separately somewhere else. I hope my mini review helps some one looking at finding the right gear. :)

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Congrats on receiving your Ecig and thanks for a very detailed review. In regards to expensive shipping you could always try the U.K. Some very reputable vendors there. As for China based companies realize juices are hit and miss. When you're ready to DIY here's a great and cheap company in Poland I buy my flavors from
Inawera Flavors
Happy Vaping and thanks again for a very insightful review...very impressive.

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
I'm glad to hear that the eGo-T is working out for me but for me personally, I hate them. The only good thing with your setup are the batteries. As for the EMDCC's, I love them. They put out way more vapor than the tank system did for me. They also take time to break in before their true colors appear. As for the Boge, there isn't a better cartomizer on the market IMO.

cactusgirl

Sage Tribal Queen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2011
Dartmouth, NS
Wow, that was quite the detailed review of hardware and juices! Thanks so much for sharing and I am sure that your perspective is going to help a lot of newbies just starting out!

As far as juice goes, that is sometimes the most elusive element in the whole vaping journey. Unfortunately, you living in India presents an even greater challenge in that your access to some of the better known and widely acclaimed juice vendors on ECF is littered with obstacles. As Vappor eyes er mentioned, there is always DIY where you can customize your own flavours. That might be worth a shot!

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
I have an 1100mah EgoT and thankfully I have not had the issues with leakage and poor vapor production as I have heard some others report. For me it's a solid performer, and I have both SR and LR atties. I was thinking about trying a large capacity carto like those you have mentioned, so thanks for the feedback!

darco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2011
India
DIY is a little far from where I am now, I first need to get that one eliquid that is good enough to get me off analogs completely and the one that I use everyday and procure easily. Exotic flavors would come in after that. There are some Dekang liquid vendors in India but unfortunately most of them only sell tobacco and cigarette brand flavors (like Marlboro, 555 etc.) I randomly picked dunhill from these to try out and turned out yucky, so have refrained from trying the other ones out. Seems like I am going to be wasting some time and money figuring out what works for me. RY4 is the closest and DK-Tab seems to be highly recommended as well by RY4 users so got to try it out. And then there are mods I am drooling over! ahhh this is all turning out to be expensive and fun! :D

MALIYA

Moved On
Dec 29, 2011
bawer
They put out way more vapor than the tank system did for me. They also take time to break in before their true colors appear. As for the Boge, there isn't a better cartomizer on the market IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
I like DKTab, RY4, Black Perique and Tobacco Absolute in the Tobacco category. I also add a few drops of menthol to give them an extra kick and a nice after taste.

Edit: understand the vendors different juices will vary even though they are the same name/ label as they all have different nic and flavor suppliers- also diff recipes.

DIY is a little far from where I am now, I first need to get that one eliquid that is good enough to get me off analogs completely and the one that I use everyday and procure easily. Exotic flavors would come in after that. There are some Dekang liquid vendors in India but unfortunately most of them only sell tobacco and cigarette brand flavors (like Marlboro, 555 etc.) I randomly picked dunhill from these to try out and turned out yucky, so have refrained from trying the other ones out. Seems like I am going to be wasting some time and money figuring out what works for me. RY4 is the closest and DK-Tab seems to be highly recommended as well by RY4 users so got to try it out. And then there are mods I am drooling over! ahhh this is all turning out to be expensive and fun! :D

Los Marauder

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Iowa City
Darco- this entree was fantastic. It is realy cool that you put so much thought into your post. I personaly appreciate your open mindedness about what you think and what others may think. Your truethfull honest approach is exactly what ECF stands for. Welcome to the wonderfull world of vaping. God speed to you in search for that perfect juice.

hildicat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2011
SoCal
Awesome reviews and congrats for finding your sweet spot. I too have to agree with some other commenters about not liking the tans system, but to each his own. I did not see this on your list of goodies but if you like the EMDCC you may want to try an Echo-E dual coil cartomizer. Its the same concept, holds a ton of juice, and looks great on your Ego batteries. Its my go-to carto nowadays.

darco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2011
India
With so much recommendations pointing towards cartos, I will surely test cartos longer. Perhaps once I find my favorite flavor and compare it in all the types of systems, I will have a better idea.

I skipped the echo cartos as I assumed that they would only work well with echo batts. Do they work well with the ego batts too? How do they compare to the EMDCC?

I just saw some really cool pics of some tank style see thru cartos at the gotvapes forum. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...s-good-times-ahead-coming-very-very-soon.html sure looks awesome! And seems like its gonna be a big carto with visible liquid. Will try these out too when they are available.

hildicat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2011
SoCal
With so much recommendations pointing towards cartos, I will surely test cartos longer. Perhaps once I find my favorite flavor and compare it in all the types of systems, I will have a better idea.

I skipped the echo cartos as I assumed that they would only work well with echo batts. Do they work well with the ego batts too? How do they compare to the EMDCC?

I just saw some really cool pics of some tank style see thru cartos at the gotvapes forum. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...s-good-times-ahead-coming-very-very-soon.html sure looks awesome! And seems like its gonna be a big carto with visible liquid. Will try these out too when they are available.

The Echo-E's are designed to fit the Ego Batteries and in my opinion fit them like a glove. They are tapered at the mouth piece so they very much resemble an Ego tank setup. To me they look much better than the fat barrel cartos.

Kevofar

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Wasaga Beach, On
I have been vaping on Ego-T's for about 2 months now and I keep getting the leaking problem so I got a carto tank today in the mail and I gotta say I am loving it. Holds more Juice and taste is alot better. I didn't like cartos before cus you couldn't tell when they were getting dry till the filler started to burn and I hated that taste but I think this solves my ptoblem.

Also got the Ego 900Mah pass thru V Volt battery and I can really tell the differnce between the voltages so I have to say another big thumbs up for it too.

Bawn

ECF Veteran
Nov 18, 2011
boynton beach, FL
I have an 1100mah EgoT and thankfully I have not had the issues with leakage and poor vapor production as I have heard some others report. For me it's a solid performer, and I have both SR and LR atties. I was thinking about trying a large capacity carto like those you have mentioned, so thanks for the feedback!

You don't get any dry hits? The wick wicks properly? I don't understand how my ego-t would never wick properly with 100% pg and yours works. Is this a quality control issue?

Jstcriusen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2011
I vape 50/50 with my EGO T and C. The only time I get a dry hit is when I crank the voltage up over 4.0 and hit it more then twice in a row.
Im a tank system fan boy for the moment. I read about leaking problems before I even bought one. So when I ordered ,I bought rubber tank cart caps and tossed the plastic pieces and never tried them. I can say they work well . I have one On a EGO C atty I pulled on and off probably 50 plus times already taste testing juices and never had a leak yet. The cartridge itself will where out ling before it leaks IMO.

I also like the C type atty as the come apart really easy for cleaning and there dirt cheap in comparison.
I have 3 C types going now......One I Dry burn to clean it "a little to aggressively" and its still going strong.

I do have a T atty that I bunged the wick up on though.........those little buggers come apart " forget it "
The C's have seem to be the same but I havent had to pull any wicks yet. I hold the "wick holder" over the stove and burn it all, Rinse and slap it back on.

If ya like the T's Try the C's ..........The same basically but easier to assemble and take apart and the atty it self is about 5 bucks.........

darco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2011
India
UPDATE: Ok I have started getting the leaking problem!!! Damn it!! The atty is leaking from the thread side and everytime i unscrew the battery now there is a drop on the battery connector. Also the entire device is getting slimed up, which is inturn getting juice on my fingers and hence on my iPhone screen! This sucks! I still like the vapor most from the tanks.

So I think I am going to try out a few more cartos and research tanks a bit. Am ordering the Echo cartos from HC that Hildicat recommended, and then am hoping to get and try out a Mod (or 2?). I have looked into some mods and have started a thread with my findings here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/mods-discussion/253960-these-mods.html

Looks like this is going to be a more involved and expensive hobby than what I first thought! :D

About Liquids, I have ordered about a dozen new flavors to try out from HC as well as 200ML of HC - RY4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread