Initial safety test report

Status
Not open for further replies.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Hard to say how the government there will use this. It is, after all, private research. But Dr. Laugesen is THE man studying e-smoking. He does advise the New Zealand government. One thing he wants is ALL tobacco products banned within 10 years. Not even snus would be allowed. All products with any tobacco.

He's a firm believer in lifetime nicotine maintainance for the hard-core addicts among us, however, and views the e-smoking devices as safe and desirable for this purpose. I'm sure his report (this is interim) will carry weight everywhere. If you search out e-smoking researchers, you come up with only a handfull. This is THE man to pay attention to.

I've written a magazine article on e-smoking and this researcher was extremely open and helpful in answering any and all questions. Ditto for America's Brad Rodu, a "harm reduction" proponent. These men have their heads on straight and their priorities in proper order, unlike the screaming anti-everything zealots that make headlines and drive politicians to unwarranted legislation in the name of "public health."

Klaue

ECF Veteran
May 22, 2008
Switzerland
klaue.110mb.com

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Sure it does, in the U.S., at least. I hope we still have a degree of intelligent tolerance here, unlike some in the EU that want to just prohibit any personal choice involving tobacco or nicotine. But I fear e-smoking might become a political football before long. At that point, it's hard to say how regulations will shake out. I think many here agree some regulations/overview would be desirable. After all, we could be smoking pig pee and not know it! We need some guarantees of both the safety and efficacy of e-smoking. Right now, in the U.S., e-smoking is completely under the radar. We pays our money, we takes our chances, as they say. We live with uncertainty.

NerdyCinderella

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2008
Gotham City
TropicalBob said:
Sure it does, in the U.S., at least. I hope we still have a degree of intelligent tolerance here, unlike some in the EU that want to just prohibit any personal choice involving tobacco or nicotine. But I fear e-smoking might become a political football before long. At that point, it's hard to say how regulations will shake out. I think many here agree some regulations/overview would be desirable. After all, we could be smoking pig pee and not know it! We need some guarantees of both the safety and efficacy of e-smoking. Right now, in the U.S., e-smoking is completely under the radar. We pays our money, we takes our chances, as they say. We live with uncertainty.

I wonder if it would be affordable to have a sample of the ecig liquid analyzed by a professional chemist?
Anybody think of this or know?

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
New Zealand's Dr. Laugesen has done extensive lab testing of the liquid -- but only for the Ruyan product. That one is free of any contaminants and very close to its advertised nicotine content. My feelings about E-Cig have been posted before, based on my experiences. If the quality of their liquid matches the quality of their products, well ... 'nuff said.

Now, knutselpeter and others are saying it's the dirty E-Liquid that is killing the atomizers right and left. If that's true, that's one more reason to send dollars elsewhere.

JamJarPenguin

ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2008
EU
TropicalBob said:
New Zealand's Dr. Laugesen has done extensive lab testing of the liquid -- but only for the Ruyan product. That one is free of any contaminants and very close to its advertised nicotine content. My feelings about E-Cig have been posted before, based on my experiences. If the quality of their liquid matches the quality of their products, well ... 'nuff said.

Now, knutselpeter and others are saying it's the dirty E-Liquid that is killing the atomizers right and left. If that's true, that's one more reason to send dollars elsewhere.
If that is the case then are freesmoke and/or proper ruyan cartridges the only option.
What about euro.e-cigarette in The Netherlands is their stuff from e-cig as well?

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
I really haven't knowledge of those. My direction is hell-bent on make my own liquid, with the ultimate goal of getting on extract flavors exclusively.

I don't see indifference as e-smoking's future. Either it is going to catch on -- and be regulated by all governments everywhere -- or it is going to be banned. I just don't see a middle ground where lots of folks e-puff away on airplanes and in restaurants with impunity. BIG battles lie ahead. HUGE amounts of money are at stake for governments, Big Pharmaceutical and Big Tobacco. Try $70 billion a year in the U.S. alone for cigarettes. Lots of folks want the quitters' cash.

If our new joy is declared legal, if we end up with quality and safety assurances for e-smoking, if it has a reasonable product price ... I can see myself e-smoking disposable atomizer-cartridges for the rest of my life. As things stands now, that won't be the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread