Innoken Itazte not firing properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ardat Lilith

Aug 4, 2015
So I've had my MVP for a few months now and I've run into a problem recently.

I know that the MVP will automatically stop firing after a long draw to prevent overheating. Lately, that time limit has become shorter and shorter. Sometimes the indicator light will flash after only 4 or 5 seconds before cutting me off.

Im using the nautilus Aspire with 1.8 ohm BVCs

I thought maybe I was overheating it too quickly so I lowered my wattage into the single digits to see if the problem would resolve, but I've had no luck.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

dcfluegel

Shenaniganator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2015
Cleveland TN
So I've had my MVP for a few months now and I've run into a problem recently.

I know that the MVP will automatically stop firing after a long draw to prevent overheating. Lately, that time limit has become shorter and shorter. Sometimes the indicator light will flash after only 4 or 5 seconds before cutting me off.

Im using the nautilus Aspire with 1.8 ohm BVCs

I thought maybe I was overheating it too quickly so I lowered my wattage into the single digits to see if the problem would resolve, but I've had no luck.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
which variant of the MVP is it?

Ardat Lilith

Aug 4, 2015
You could try running it down all the way followed by a full charge with it turned off the whole time. They should be really cheap now if needed. Also a full teardown and clean of the tank.
I've tried all of those things. I've had it for about 6 months. I'm wondering if is just time for a replacement

Reactions: r77r7r

Dkline

Feb 8, 2015
Florida
Mods can be finnicky, comes with the territory. I doubt this is the case, but, is there any chance that juice could have somehow worked it's way into the housing? If that's the case then a dismantle/cleaning of the internals might be in order. I know it's an issue with the Smok xpro m80 plus, due to a major design flaw in the product that allows juice to get into the housing very easily. Though as I said I doubt it would happen with the MVP.

Just a thought, and if you're looking for an upgrade you might be better off going for something with more power/features given the prices on newer devices compared to what a 20 watt MVP runs for. You might not necessarily need more power, but something with more features might be up your alley if you were interested in trying out temp control or the likes at some point.

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Ohio
Mods can be finnicky, comes with the territory. I doubt this is the case, but, is there any chance that juice could have somehow worked it's way into the housing? If that's the case then a dismantle/cleaning of the internals might be in order. I know it's an issue with the Smok xpro m80 plus, due to a major design flaw in the product that allows juice to get into the housing very easily. Though as I said I doubt it would happen with the MVP.

I know from personal experience this does happen, juice getting into the housing on the MVPs, so this could be the problem. I have experienced this happening with 2 different versions I have owned, my best guess it is entering through the 510 connection but I am not positive.

In_Vape

Dec 14, 2015
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Posts must be in English

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
USA. State: Inebriated.
I have to disagree with the majority of this thread.. I had my old MVP (MVP2) for about 3 years now, and that thing's still going strong. The battery doesn't last quite as long as it used to, but there are no changes in the firmware, and the thing's still just as reliable as the day I got it. Additionally, assuming you've been going at 1+ ohm the entire time you've had the device, that's not a particular strain on the device. At 1+ ohm you should easily get a couple years before noticing any sort of issues with the battery.

My first guess would be a loose or a bad coil, perhaps with a short somewhere in it, and that may be throwing the device for a loop. Have you tried a different head? Do you have any other tanks you can throw on it to see if it's perhaps an issue with the 510 connection?

I'm pretty sure the MVP2 doesn't, but does the MVP3 give any sort of message when the cutoff kicks in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread