The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Ended Innokin Ares 2 Giveaway + Ask Phil & Dimitris anything!

Discussion in 'ECF Competitions and Broadcasts' started by low_tar_neil, Sep 24, 2020.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Storm52

Storm52 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 27, 2014
    Shreveport, LA
    I was fortunate to win an original Ares in a contest on ECF. It was a great beginner atty, especially since it came with everything necessary to get started. What material improvements does the new version have over the original?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Kent C

Kent C ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 12, 2009
    NW Ohio US
    Hi! Love the Zlides.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Arnold Ziffle

Arnold Ziffle Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 2, 2009
    San Quentin
    thanks for the chance to win. the ares 1 didn’t work for me at all. the ares 2 with the included coil was great the first time and and not so much rewicking. i’m just trying to find something consistent. so far i’m doing pretty good with a .8 contact coil with it raised up a bit and wicked a bit loose. i’ll try the other included coil and see what happens. also i’ve been using 2.5 diameter coils. i could use a few suggestions. thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  4. all_in_ashes

all_in_ashes Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 2, 2012
    So Cal
    Hi! I'm still Vaping on my old Joyetech Cuboid 150 but I don't really have any other devices if this one craps out. Any recommendations for a small dual 18650 unit? Thank you.

• Like Like x 1
  5. AshF83

AshF83 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 16, 2016
    Hi,
    Thanks for the chance to win this little gem. Looking forward to try this reworked master piece, was close to purchasing the Ares 1 but I like a 1mm airhole which I understand this can cater to better.

• Like Like x 1
  6. xena222

xena222 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 18, 2014
    PA
    Oh happy to be in here! And hi guys! I still use my proton because it is my favorite mod ever...does the Ares have the clip through type openings for the wire? They are the easiest for me to build on

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mezrein

Mezrein Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 22, 2013
    Oregon
    Just wanted to say Hi to Phil and Dimi, Phil has been my go to guy for everything vape related and has been the one to continue to assist me in my vaping journey and keep me off the death sticks!

• Like Like x 1
  8. karlmetz

karlmetz Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 22, 2014
    NW Florida
    Enjoyed Phil's videos describing these new Innokin additions. Would love to try.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Superuser187

Superuser187 Senior Member

Aug 10, 2020
    Athens
    Hi Phil...are u gonna get that Harley and then drive with Dimitri under the sunset??? (It's serious question) :p

• Like Like x 1
  10. arozisaroz

arozisaroz New Member

Mar 6, 2014
    orwigsburg, PA
    Hi! I've never built before and wonder how much time would you expect to take doing it?

• Like Like x 1
  11. jackmormon

jackmormon Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 27, 2013
    Hi Guys,

Love my Ares 2 but it was the most frustrating atty to mount a coil on that I have encountered in years. Couldn't get the screw in one of the posts to tighten all the way with the phillips head. 7 or 8 coils and no stable resistance. Swapped them for the flat head screws, larger screwdriver and some torque, totally stable resistance.

After that, my Ares 2 is my #1 ;)

Looking forward to the LE.

• Like Like x 1
  12. 5cardstud

5cardstud ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 1, 2010
    Wash
    Just got time for a Hi.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Seiggy

Seiggy Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 1, 2012
    Irwin, Pennsylvania
    Hello and glad to see you back on ECF. More of a Business question(s). How long did it take to decide on what changes were going to be made for the Ares-2 LE ? How long did it take to change the production line for those changes until first product being available ?
    I have the Ares, three (3) of the Ares-2's and I'm liking the Ares-2 better. Good Job and Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  14. evan le'garde

evan le'garde Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Apr 3, 2013
    Hello @Dimitris & @pbusardo ,

I have a couple of questions. Who's idea was it to call the tank "Ares" ?, and does "Ares" have any meaning or origin at all ?.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Horselady154

Horselady154 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 15, 2013
    United States
    Hi.

Where might we get an extra fill port seal in case it ever needs replacement?

• Like Like x 1
  16. ZoeBoy

ZoeBoy Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 12, 2011
    Lakehills, Texas
    Hi, thanks for the chance. Like the top fill and the cross air flow control.
    How much e juice does it hold? Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  17. chemenway2

chemenway2 Full Member

Nov 6, 2014
    usa
    hi

• Like Like x 1
  18. Uncle

Uncle ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Hello Everyone . . .

Now - Okay @Dimitris and @pbusardo I've got a question or two . . .

First, although I do have a few RTA/RBAs on hand - including the first Ares & now an Ares 2 for an emergency (also a coil build kit and all the other supplies too) - I have not yet built any workable coils at all (the times I've tried - Big Fail). In addition, I do not sub-ohm . . . Actually, I prefer premade 1.0 oHm up to 2.0 oHm coils.

So - I would be interested to know . . .

1) So besides having an experienced user test the Areas 2 LE - has any beginner (first timer) tested and built a coil for the Ares 2 LE?
    2) How easy was it for them? Any beginner Reviews or Videos?
    3) What oHm works best in the Ares 2 LE?
    4) What range of coils can be used in the Ares 2 LE?

Last but just as important . . .

5) Are there any prebuilt coils by INNOKIN available, especially 1.0 oHm & above - for the Ares 2 LE?
    (BTW: Couldn't find any information on them if there was.)

Thanks for the info . . . :D

• Like Like x 3
  19. hazozita

hazozita Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 7, 2013
    Virginia
    Hi Phil & Dimi! No questions – just wanted to give a big THANK YOU for all you both have done for the vaping community, and continue to do even though things are looking so bleak at this time. We’re very lucky to have you both as a resource (not only for vaping, but also to get the word out on how comfortable Sketchers are!).

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. ligyron

ligyron Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 28, 2014
    Gainesville, FL
    They look good count me in!

• Like Like x 1