Status
Not open for further replies.

SP013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Hello,

Today I have a tank that is actually not different vaping wise from the Ares-2 the Ares-2 LE (Limited Edition). I did a full review on the Ares-2 a while ago back in June: Ares 2 review

This review is more like a 'design review'. innokin decided to make some changes to the Ares-2, probably after listening to the community. If you want to know more in-depth on the Ares-2 itself, please refer to the earlier mentioned review.

Some information from the Innokin Website:

Packaging:

Review:

So, what is different? Only the looks really, it vapes the same and the build deck is exactly the same as on the Ares-2. One more important change is that they included a torx screwdriver in the LE kit, which comes in handy for replacing the fill-port rubber.

Texture/finish, paint job, drip-tip, O-ring colors and branding is what has changed. And I straight away can say the LE edition looks much better.

If it is about the texture, they removed the carved in design, they kept it smooth and the paint went from shining to matte with a sandblasted finish. It still grips very well and unscrewing the base is no issue at all. Good improvements.

The drip-tip looks and feels much better, it is made from metal and the top finish out of higher-grade plastic. It reminds me a lot of the Vandy Vape Berserker drip-tip. It has the child lock system still implemented which I like.

The dark version has black O-rings and the silver (Flint) has white O-rings. On the black version it looks so much better compared to the regular Ares-2, especially with the dark tinted glass, beauty!

For me the most important change, something I complained about a bit in the Ares-2 review, is the branding on the outside of the bell(chamber). Before it was full of Platform Series and the names of Phil and Dimitri. Now it simply says Ares-2 on one side and LE on the other side. Design wise a massive improvement in my opinion.

Overall all changes are well received by me. The tanks look much more high-end than the original Ares-2.

As mentioned, it vapes very well, flavor wise it is not the best RTA out there. After several months of use I can say that the flavor depends a lot on the flavor profile. The flavor on cream/desert juices is really good, for fruit flavors it is a bit dull, but you still can pick up the notes.

I did find a way to improve the overall flavor performance, 8 wrap 27g kanthal very slightly spaced, used Phils build tool for that. Once placed on the deck, push down the centre of the coil almost touching the inner airflow. It also works much better with Clapton mtl-coils. For me best flavor is with the inner airflow slot fully open.

Conclusion:

All changed they made on the Ares-2 LE are just very welcomed changes, kind of a pity the original Ares-2 was not released straight away as the LE version. It is a fantastic looking RTA now.

It is an easy RTA with its build deck and the vape from it is pleasant. Flavor wise it is not the best RTA out there, but it does the job well and the looks an ease in use for me make up for the flavor part.

Thank you for reading, let me know if any questions,

Sjoerd

Reactions: MartinD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread