The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.
Innokin_timmy
微信图片_20200512104025.jpg
Innokin_timmy
微信图片_20200512104025.jpg
微信图片_20200512111715.jpg
微信图片_20200512111719.jpg
98397117_756668121535854_2957723720379918768_n.jpg

INNOKIN ARES II – IMPROVED FOR YOUR VAPING SATISFACTION!

Retails for:
An atomizer about balance; balance between features, ease of use, and vape quality.
微信图片_20200512104025.jpg 微信图片_20200512111715.jpg 微信图片_20200512111719.jpg 98397117_756668121535854_2957723720379918768_n.jpg
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. PeterKay

PeterKay Super Member

You might also want to try different drip tips, I had some issues with berserker mtl RDA flavor and I noticed I was getting slightly better flavor when I used drip tip from berserker mtl RTA instead what that little RDA arrived with

• Like Like x 3
  2. SP013

SP013 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 14, 2019
    Warsaw, Poland
    True, I get better flavor with a small inner-bore drip-tip, but at the same time it gets more restricted as well.

• Like Like x 3
  3. hittman

hittman ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I haven't had much time to spend with it since my last post but did get a 2.5mm coil installed in it and it seemed a little better. I also switched to the longer stainless tip that came with it. I also took it off the kroma r and put it on another mod and noticed a difference. I know this is off topic but I've consistently noticed that I have to turn the kroma r up 2-3 watts higher than other mods just to get close to the same performance. I even changed it to the high setting in wattage.

• Like Like x 1
  4. SP013

Mar 14, 2019
    Warsaw, Poland
    Some mods are not very exact, with voopoo gene chip mods I often have the feeling the actual output is higher than what is shown on the screen. I am using my Ares on the Kroma R at 15 watts with 3 airflow holes open, a nice flavorful vape.

• Like Like x 1
  5. hittman

Supporting member
    I just don't understand it. I was running mine on the kroma r at 15 watts with four holes open and wasn't getting much flavor at all. What coils are you using?

• Like Like x 1
  6. SP013

Mar 14, 2019
    Warsaw, Poland
    28g kanthal, 6 wraps on the dimitri spaced coil tool, cotton bacon.

• Like Like x 2
  7. f1vefour

f1vefour Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Dec 3, 2013
    Emerald Coast
    Personally I think it's the amount of wicking you must use in the Ares, it's too much and mutes the flavor.

I can use the same build in the Dvarw and it is always noticeably more flavorful and it uses at least half as much wicking material.

• Like Like x 2
  8. SP013

Mar 14, 2019
    Warsaw, Poland
    my wick is not too tight in there, maybe you could watch the Phil Busardo tutorial videos on the innokin website, I build pretty much identical to that.

• Like Like x 2
  9. hittman

Supporting member
    So maybe I’m not crazy. I haven’t tried the spaced coil tool. I just wind them on a jig. Maybe I’ll try the tool and stay at 2.5mm to keep the wick smaller.

• Like Like x 2
  10. f1vefour

Dec 3, 2013
    Emerald Coast
    Indeed, just use as much wick as it takes to keep it from flooding into the chamber.

The flavor I get isn't bad, it's just not as good as I get from other MTL atties.

• Like Like x 2
  11. hittman

Supporting member
    I’m a little spoiled right now since I recently reviewed four new Freemax kits and every one had really good flavor. Maybe I’m expecting too much.

• Like Like x 2
  12. f1vefour

Dec 3, 2013
    Emerald Coast
    Mesh is difficult to beat with wire, but with proper building you should be able to best the flavor of regular non-rebuildable coils. At least that has been my experience.

• Like Like x 1
  13. SKYYcamel

SKYYcamel Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 15, 2009
    Mississippi
    IMHO this tank can't touch the Kayfun 2019 or SXK Doggy in the flavor department. Very disappointed.

• Like Like x 1
  14. hittman

Supporting member
    I used the coil tool and wound a new coil after watching Phil build it on his review. The flavor is a little better but not great. I think this one is going into the storage bin. I thinned my wick as much as I could without it flooding. I get better flavor from my zeniths and 4ml zlides.

• Like Like x 2
  15. f1vefour

Dec 3, 2013
    Emerald Coast
    I do use rayon vs cotton and that makes a difference.

I don't have the v2 to compare, I do have the KFL 2019 and the v1 Ares. To me the v1 Ares matches the KFL but I admit I haven't tried many builds in the KFL.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. SP013

Mar 14, 2019
    Warsaw, Poland
    i just wicked my ammit mtl rta in the same way and have to admit that flavor is better on the Ammit.

• Like Like x 2
  17. hittman

Supporting member
    I’ve continued to use the ares each day a little but it hasn’t gotten better. I was hoping the coil needed breaking in. I use strictly diy liquid so I guess I could mix higher flavor percentage but don’t know if it’s worth it. I’m rather disappointed with the ares.

• Like Like x 1
  18. SP013

Mar 14, 2019
    Warsaw, Poland
    i do like the ares a lot. A mtl tank for me is all about throat hit and nicotine delivery. Flavor is good for me on the Ares. Did you try some clapton coil?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  19. hittman

Supporting member
    I haven’t tried a Clapton yet. I thought it might have to run too hot for the airflow of the tank.

• Like Like x 1
  20. SP013

Mar 14, 2019
    Warsaw, Poland
    superfine clapton from vandy vape is worth a try, shouldnt get too hot.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.