INNOKIN ARES II – IMPROVED FOR YOUR VAPING SATISFACTION!

An atomizer about balance; balance between features, ease of use, and vape quality.
Retails for
Status
Not open for further replies.

f1vefour

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2013
Emerald Coast
I just squeezed a 3mm 28g SS430 coil in and it's pretty good, I can't remember the wraps but it's 0.98 ohm.

I've never had good luck with a Clapton on a MTL RTA, always ends up tasting burnt way too quickly.

*edit*
According to my coil calculator it's 10 wraps but I don't think it was that many.

f1vefour

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2013
Emerald Coast
I jammed a 28x3 twisted coil in mine and the flavor is better than I’ve had so far with other coils.
So maybe a Clapton would serve you well if you can get your hands on some built with smaller gauge wire.

3mm is a tight fit for sure, I can't believe you got 3x 28g in there. Your eyes are certainly better than mine [emoji6]

Last edited:
Reactions: hittman

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    All good, I had one a long time ago dark like that from sitting forever, didn’t smell right so I threw it away

It was a tight fit and I had to take the bottom off again to move the coil a little but got it to work. The next time I place an order somewhere then maybe I'll look at getting some small Clapton wire.

Reactions: f1vefour

f1vefour

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2013
    Emerald Coast
    I received the super fine Clapton wire today. It made a noticeable improvement in the flavor on the ares 2. Hopefully it’ll be even better once the coil is broken in.
    That's good news, and good for you not giving up. I thought I was going to have to have you send it to me [emoji4]

Reactions: hittman
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread