The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Innokin ares

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by vapeman78, Jul 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. vapeman78

vapeman78 Full Member

Dec 10, 2015
    Hi guy what’s the best coils to use in a innokin area tank not sure what to use

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  2. flavourchaser

flavourchaser Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 25, 2018
    I use 26guage Stainless Steel 316L Vandy Vape

• Like Like x 1
  3. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    I use 28 gauge SS spaced coils coming it around 0.8 to 1.0-ish. I like it in that range, but it's kind of individual for everyone. What did you have in mind?

Anna

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. vapeman78

vapeman78 Full Member

Dec 10, 2015
    I have just brought one of them my first RTA so I thought I would ask not sure where to start

• Like Like x 1
  5. sorrynomore

sorrynomore Ultra Member ECF Veteran

May 4, 2014
    Canada
    30 gauge 316L SS @~1.4 ohms for me.

• Like Like x 1
  6. stols001

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    Unless you want to do TC, you could start with the coil that came with it if you want. IIRC it is Kanthal though, but I found it do be a decent enough starting point (1.0 ohms). I kind of like trying any included coil on most of my RTAs (if there is one and although sometimes I've gotten rotten results, but not with the Siren) I kind of figure it's "designed" for it in a way so why not?

Although it's equally possible manufacturers are just sourcing whatever cheap coil or two they can include with no forethought whatsoever. That's equally as 100% a possibility, but I prefer to think that they at least put a little thought into it.

I prefer my own SS coils but yeah, it was fine to start with and kind of a "nothing to lose," situation etc.

Anna

7. vapeman78

vapeman78 Full Member

Dec 10, 2015
    Thanks everyone

I have put in the pre made coil seems ok 1.0 ohms about right for me

• Like Like x 1
  8. stols001

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    I like the Siren a lot at 1.0 ohms. I've tried going a bit lower or higher, but that is where it shines for me.

Good luck, glad you tried it out :)

Anna

9. ScottP

ScottP Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    My wife has one and uses 26ga SS 316L 3mm diameter in TC Mode. Seems to work great.

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. stols001

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    The ares can handle a fairly large diameter coil as long as it's not raised too far off the deck.

But honestly, if you have a target resistance I would just play around with coils, materials, diameter (I do happen to think a larger diameter coil works well with the Ares due to what is sitting on top) but you can really just experiment and see what works well for you. I think 2.5 is the lowest I've gone with mine, and that works well, too.

Good luck, and I like an approx. 1.0 resistance although in TC that may be SLIGHTLY less important but around that tends to be what works well for me, and certainly in that atomizer it's a nice balance of flavor and clouds (again, for me). Etc.

Anna

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.