Innokin ares

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Unless you want to do TC, you could start with the coil that came with it if you want. IIRC it is Kanthal though, but I found it do be a decent enough starting point (1.0 ohms). I kind of like trying any included coil on most of my RTAs (if there is one and although sometimes I've gotten rotten results, but not with the Siren) I kind of figure it's "designed" for it in a way so why not?

Although it's equally possible manufacturers are just sourcing whatever cheap coil or two they can include with no forethought whatsoever. That's equally as 100% a possibility, but I prefer to think that they at least put a little thought into it.

I prefer my own SS coils but yeah, it was fine to start with and kind of a "nothing to lose," situation etc.

Anna

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
The ares can handle a fairly large diameter coil as long as it's not raised too far off the deck.

But honestly, if you have a target resistance I would just play around with coils, materials, diameter (I do happen to think a larger diameter coil works well with the Ares due to what is sitting on top) but you can really just experiment and see what works well for you. I think 2.5 is the lowest I've gone with mine, and that works well, too.

Good luck, and I like an approx. 1.0 resistance although in TC that may be SLIGHTLY less important but around that tends to be what works well for me, and certainly in that atomizer it's a nice balance of flavor and clouds (again, for me). Etc.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread