Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamvaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 20, 2018
    UK
    Hello fellow ECF members. :toast:

I'd like to discuss the innokin Coolfire Z60 Kit that was sent to me by innokin for the purpose of providing a fair and honest review. :thumb:

As I already mentioned before, from my experience, Innokin devices almost never fail to deliver great quality for a reasonable price. Also they always try to provide something innovative to a new model they release so it's always a pleasure to review the new devices from this brand. You can check my previous reviews for the Innokin products - Klypse, Sceptre 2 and GoZee

Let's see what we have with this new Z60 Kit.
    An intro from Innokin:

The Coolfire Z60 kit combines Innokin’s cutting edge technology with the all-new Zlide Top tank. It comes with 60W of variable power,
    all-day battery life, 4th gen vape tech, top airflow and DuoPrime coils.

Sounds pretty interesting. Let's see the options first.

Colour options available:

zopt.png

• Purple
    • Blue
    • Gunmetal
    • Stainless Steel
    • Black
    • Pink
    • Red
    The frame of the Coolfire Z60 comes in 2 colors; Black and Stainless Steel while the Zlide Top Tank comes in 4 colors that match the frame of the Coolfire Z60; Silver Grey, Gunmetal, Blue and Black.

Key Stats:
    • Construction: Zinc Alloy
    • Dimensions: 75mm x 36.6mm x 27.2mm (without tank)
    • Weight: 129 grams
    • Input Voltage: 3.2V – 4.2V
    • Charging: Type-C USB 5V/1.7A
    • Resistance Range: 0.2 – 3.5 ohms
    • Output Wattage: 6-60W
    • Output Voltage: 1V-7.5V
    • Output Mode: Variable Wattage/Voltage, Coil+ and Coil Refresh
    • Output Current: 17.5A
    • Battery Specification: Internal 2500mAh 3.7V 9.25Wh
    • Chipset: 4th Gen Technology
    • Display: 0.96inch OLED Color Screen
    • Tank compatibility: 26mm (27mm max)
    • Cut-Off Time: 3-18 seconds adjustable
    • Battery Cut-Off Switch
    • 2 Coils in a package including the preinstalled 0.6 ohm one
    fea.JPG

Short Description and Key Features:

The Innokin Coolfire Z60 kit is a newest addition to a famous Coolfire Series by Innokin. It's a Mouth-To-Lung (MTL) and Restricted-Direct-To-Lung (RDL) device, powered by an internal 2500mAh capacity battery firing up to 60W. It’s essentially a variable wattage/variable voltage mod but with the inclusion of Coil+ and Refresh technology.

Coil+ mode will automatically pulse your coil after each vape, effectively clearing residue and drawing e-liquid to the coil in readiness for your next draw. Refresh will revitalize your coil by heating it to 40% of your set vaping wattage to help saturate your wick.
    This technology has proven to prolongue the live of your coils and bring even more pleasurable experience while vaping.:vapor:
    • 4th generation vape technology - Coil+ and Refresh modes extend coil life, reduce residue build up and ensure vivid flavour production for a longer time.
    • Zlide Top Tank, mess-free refills - The brand-new look Zlide Top features top airflow, eliminating all leaks. The redesigned airflow system allows for greater control than ever before.
    • DuoPrime coils - DuoPrime coil technology arrives to the Z-coil line. The Zlide Top tank is pre-installed with our new 0.6Ω DuoPrime Z-coil, with better saturation, flavour production and coil longevity.
    • All-day battery life - The Coolfire Z60 is equipped with a 2500mAh internal battery and USB-C charging. That means all-day battery life and reliable rapid charging.
    • Battery master switch - The Coolfire Z60’s master which allows you to fully shut off the device at any time.
    • Compatible with all Z-coils - The Zlide Top tank is compatible with all our industry-leading Z-coils, delivering a huge range of vaping experiences.
    Let's check the Real Coolfire Z60 kit (I actually received 2 of them, thanks Innokin):

i1.jpg

As usual we see a recyclable packaging Innokin is using for its latest devices. It may not look as luxury as some other fancy packages but extra points for the environment protection :nun:

On the back you have all the needed info - QR code and authenticity check.

Opening the box:
    i2.jpg

Stylish black colour with the tank matching the device.
    Btw, the package looked like that when I received it. It was preopened. Seems like the customs inspector thought for a long time whether to keep the device, but decided that I would still need it more and shoved all the parts back in, tearing it a little inside. Fortunately, the device and parts were not damaged. Thanks dude :nun: If there's a chance you might reed this review and you are a smoker, I really hope you will switch to vaping. Not by stilling the devices from the packs you are checking though, go to a brand store like
    for example Innokin Store and get yourself a device.

i4.jpg

Let's see what was inside the box:
    i3.jpg

Packing List:

1x Coolfire Z60 Mod
    1x Zlide Top Tank (3ml)
    1x Z-Coil 0.3Ω
    1x Z-Coil 0.6Ω (pre-installed)
    1x Replacement glass (4.5ml)
    1x Spare Drip Tip
    1x Set of O-rings
    1x USB-C cable
    1x User Manual
    1x Warnings

Another interesting Feature - on/off on the bottom of the device:
    Good luck to those who will not check the details and will keep on trying to turn it on with the fire botton :greengrin:
    i5.jpg

Innokin Zlide Top Tank Specs:
    Dimensions: 25 x 51mm
    Capacity: 3ml (there are options with 2, 3 and 4.5ml tanks)
    Liquid refill: from above (with a sliding top fill option)
    Airflow: From above
    Z-Coil 0.3Ω (30-40W) (compatible with all Z coils)
    Duo Prime Z-Coil 0.6Ω (9-13W) (pre-installed)

Duo Prime Z coil is one of the main features of this kit.
    Let's check what is it all about:
    Duo Prime coil which works by implanting an outer layer of mesh between the wicking material and inner coil. The outer layer of mesh is of a higher resistance than the inner coil. This means it heats slowly, but this heat and structural change draws e-liquid into the wicking material and inner coil rapidly. Unlike traditional coils, DuoPrime coils maintain full saturation between every vape. This dramatically impacts coil performance and longevity.
    I've tested the "withstanding longer and more frequent puffs" and I can tell that it really holds well with the longer and more frequent puffs. Device is getting a bit hot after some time though.
    i7.jpg

Remember to saturate the inside of the coil before the first use. Refilling can be done via sliding the top part of the tank.
    i6.jpg

Tank itself is pretty compact and light and easy to use.
    Compared to the Innokin Klypse:
    i8.jpg

A bit longer and slightly wider than Klypse.
    Still a very compact kit and it holds in a hand pretty well.
    Control is achieved by the 4th generation chipset and the User Interface (UI) is a 0.96inch OLED colored display. It’s located on the front of the Coolfire Z60 in-between the fire button and the +/ – buttons on a black matt transparent finger plate.
    Fire button is just a bit loose but overall, buttons are good and easy to use.

Pros:
    Reasonable price (around £45 in the UK)
    New technologies: 4th gen chipset, Coil+ and Refresh technology and the Duo Prime Z Coil
    Nice design
    Quality build
    Easy to operate
    Master bottom on/off switch
    True 2500mAh built-in battery with quick Type-c charging
    One of the best tanks - Zlide Top - included in the kit

Cons:
    Device gets fairly warm when doing series of longer puffs and while charging
    I've got few spit-backs while testing

My Final Thoughts on Z60 kit:
    Innokin didn't fail to deliver the improved Coolfire family member with Z60 Kit.
    It is packed with the new technologies/upgrades and cool features.
    One of the best tanks compatible with all Z coils is also included in the kit. They surely complement one another with the device.
    As a result we have a modern, good looking, compact vaping kit at a reasonable price.:2c:

Overall rank 8.5/10 by Dreamvaper.
    Can recommend this device :thumb:

Thanks for reading :toast:

dreamvaper

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 20, 2018
    UK
    Great review! I'm testing mine now. Had them tor a bit but had other ones out that were being reviewed first, plus I got sick af lol almost better now, still trying to get work done when I can.
    Thanks, I also had a week of fighting cold. Fkn viruses!
    Good vape is helping to feel better for sure :thumb:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread