Innokin Coolfire Z60 // Review by HyDrOpOnIc1987

Status
Not open for further replies.

HyDrOpOnIc1987

ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2021
innokin Coolfire Z60 // Review by HyDrOpOnIc1987

Hey everybody over here at ECF, hope you all are well. I'm back with another review. This time, it's a cool little kit from innokin called the Coolfire Z60. I was sent 2 of these kits by my contact at innokin, whom we know as @Innokin_timmy for the purpose of a fair and honest review. Unlike the usual, I wont just be focusing on the kit and brushing by the coils (in this case one in particular), I will be featuring the new 0.6ohm Duo Prime ZCoil as well. It has some cool new tech involved in it. As usual, I will start by showing some promotional images and information and then lead into my own unboxing, assembly and usage highlights. Alright, that was a mouthful. Let's get to it.

Promotional Images

The Coolfire Z60 kit is offered in 7 different colours: Purple, Blue, Gunmetal, Stainless Steel, Black, Pink and Red.

The Coolfire Z60 boasts an impressive 2500mAh internal battery, which should give a days worth of vaping care-free. The Coolfire Z60 also hosts a USB-C port, which means reliable rapid charging.

Housed on the bottom of the Z60 mod's front panel is a battery master switch. You can safely turn the device on and off by using that switch. That said, when turning it on you must still press the fire button 3x. (For the record, there was an image supposed to be here with this but after 5 failed attempts, I gave up on it. Sorry)

Just as the last generation, the Coolfire Z60 has a refresh function to help renew your coil and improve it's longevity. This function is activated manually, within the menu, and will heat the coil with 40% of your active wattage. The refresh function cleans residue and allows the wick to become saturated.

The Coolfire Z60 kit includes the new Zlide Top. This is the newest Zlide tank and it features a top airflow. The beauty of top airflow is that it eliminates leaks. The Zlide Top (and the Zcoils it uses) facilitates a tight MTL to smooth and flavorful RDL, which should please a majority of vapers.

Alright, and here we are, the new Duo Prime coil. It is a 0.6ohm coil, but unlike other coils it has 2 in 1! It has a inner round wire coil and an outer mesh coil with wicking stuffed between them. This coil is a MTL coil, but the outer mesh allows the coil to wick easier and stay saturated which will extend the longevity of the coils. As a bonus, this coil is also more flavourful than other MTL coils. This is the coil that comes pre-installed in the Coolfire Z60.

The Zlide Top's improved sliding top-fill system let's you refill without any messy leaks or spills.

The Zlide Top has 3 different tank sizes and can be changed by replacing the glass. The 3 options available are: 2ml, 3ml and 4.5ml.

The Coolfire Z60 kit comes with 2 coils: the 0.6ohm Duo Prime and a 0.3ohm mesh coil. But the fun doesn’t stop there, there's a total of 8 different Zcoils available (including the 2 in the kit). The coils currently available are:
MTL - 0.6ohm Z-Coil Duo Prime, 0.48ohm Z-Coil Plex3D, 0.5ohm Z-Coil Plexus, 0.8ohm Z-Coil KAL, 1.2ohm Z-Coil KAL, 1.6ohm Z-Coil KAL
RDL – 0.3ohm Z-Coil KAL and 1.0ohm Z-Coil KAL

Features
- Compact Size with 2500mAh Internal Battery
- Increased Coil Lifespan with Coil+ and Refresh modes
- Up to 60W
- Compatible with Platform Series Z-Coils
- Included Zlide Top Airflow Tank

Specifications
Brand: Innokin
Unit: 1 Set
Dimensions: 126mm by 38mm by 27.2mm
Battery: 2500mAh
Wattage Range: 6-60W
Chassis Material: Zinc-Alloy
Coil+ Mode
Intuitive Firing Button
Display Screen: 0.96 inch OLED
Two Adjustment Buttons
On/Off Switch
3-18s Cut Off Protection
Low Voltage Protection
Short-Circuit Protection
Atomizer Protection
Threaded 510 Connection
Charging Speed: 1.7A
Charging: Type-C Port
Diameter: 24mm
Tank Capacity: 3ml
Sliding Top Fill System - Single Fill Port
Pyrex Glass Reinforcement
Tank Material: Stainless Steel
Innokin Z Coil Series
Packaging: Cardboard Box

Contents of Box
1 Coolfire Z60 Mod
1 Zlide Top Tank
1 0.6ohm Z Coil
1 0.3ohm Z Coil
1 Spare Glass Tube
1 Spare Drip Tip
1 Spare O-Ring Set
1 Type-C Cable
1 Quick Start Guide
1 Warning Booklet

Unboxing, Assembly and Usage Highlights

The boxes are he usual awesome recyclable cardboard and paper sleeves to hold all the extra bits and pieces. Kudos to Innokin for trying to think of the planet, even just a little. As it is a standard Innokin product box, the Innokin branding is on the top of the front, followed by a picture of the device in the included colour and a small list of features for the device and tank. Beside the Innokin branding is a sticker that shows that a Duo Prime coil is included. At the bottom (bottom 1/3rd of the box) is a warning that this product contains nicotine, which technically it doesn't until the user fills it after purchasing, but that's apples and oranges I suppose.

On the right side of the box is Phil Busardo's signature and branding. The left side is a sticker showing the device and it's colour. The back of the box has Innokin’s branding on the top, followed by a list of contents for the package. Directly under that is Innokin's contact information and social media handles. To the right of the list is a Scratch and Verify sticker which has a QR code and Innokin branding and numbers on it. Under that is a UPC sticker. Then there is a line of warning symbols followed by another nicotine warning that takes up about 1/3rd of the back of the box.

Opening the boxes, you are met with a card that has a message from Innokin and is signed by Phil Busardo and Dimitri Agrafiotis and a QR code. On the back of the card, it shows the included coils and explains the new Duo Prime coil and it's features and uses. Moving past the card, you get your first sight of the mod and tank. Above the tank is the spare glass, which is thoughtfully wrapped in tissue paper. Lifting the sleeve that houses the mod and tank you will find a manual, a warning and safety booklet, the spare 0.3ohm mesh coil, spare o-rings and a RDL drip tip and a USB-C cable.

After looking at everything, I took the mod and tank out of the box. I dismantled the tank, set aside the coil for the moment, and washed the tank thoroughly with soap and water. I use q-tips and a toothbrush to clean with and dish soap as the washing agent. I dried what I could with a tea towel and shook out the rest. I then reassembled the tank, minus the coil.

The coil that was already in the tank is the new 0.3ohm Duo Prime coil. This coil apparently is 2 coils in 1. It has a round wire coil in the center, followed by some wicking material and then a mesh coil that surrounds it all. Around that is another thin layer of wicking material.

These coils apparently extend the longevity of your coil, and it improves the flavour as well. I’m not sure of it yet, as I haven't tried it. I was asked to feature this coil, so this is the one I picked to use. This is new technology from Innokin and they want it showcased, and if it works properly, I can't blame them. I was also given a couple extra coils along side, a 1.2ohm Z-Coil KAL and a 0.5ohm Z-Coil Plexus. As I wanted to test the flavour and longevity of the new Duo Prime coil, I picked the more traditional 1.2ohm coil to go in the second device. I want to mention that neither of those coils come with the kits. They were sent to ME for the purpose of providing YOU with as complete and honest a review as possible.

Now that that is out of the way, I took both coils and started to prime them. I took my 10mg mango Salt Nic liquid and put one drop in each hole and went around the coil in a circle 2 times. I want to prime it but I don't want to over saturate it. I want the coil to be able to soak up some liquid after it's been placed in. In my anecdotal opinion, I feel like it helps a vacuum form in the tank which moves the liquid through the tank and into the coil efficiently. Now that could be wrong as it is only based on my experiences thus far in vaping. After the coils are primed, I replace them in their tanks and wait about 15 minutes to allow the wicking material to become fully saturated.

While waiting for the coil to fully saturate, I went exploring in the menu. To access the menu you press and hold both the up and down buttons at the same time. The options in the menu are: Coil+, Wattage, Refresh, Cutoff, Screen and Back. The Coil+ menu houses the Wattage+ and Voltage+ options. I only ever use wattage, so I picked Wattage+ and left it at that.

First impressions of the new Duo Prime coil are that it indeed was more flavourful. It brought the mango out and even brought out a flavour that I couldn't place, which I didn't taste before. The 1.2ohm standard round wire Z-Coil tasted really good too, but it definitely lacked some depth that the 0.6ohm Duo Prime coil brought to the party. I also noticed that the draw resistance of the Duo Prime coil was slightly tighter. I'm not sure if that was intended, but that’s what I noticed.

I used these vapes for about a week and a half now. Neither have dropped in flavour or performance, but to be fair that week and a half should be halved as it's time was divided between the 2 vapes. As such, I didn't need to try the refresh function offered on the Z60 mod. I have refilled both tanks 3 times so far, so there really hasn't been much time for degradation of the coils. Each time I refilled both tanks, it went flawlessly. No leaks what-so-ever and no spills from accidentally dropping the device while filling. I did just that on my first refill and the tank was slide wide open. The tank survived in perfect shape and the mod got a minor scratch, not exactly a big deal.

In my week and a half or so of using these devices, I didn't experience any issues. I had a very happy and satisfying experience. Both the Duo Prime and the standard MTL Z-Coil performed exceptionally, but that's the usual for Innokin.

I would recommend these devices to anyone who wants to get a little more control out of their vape and move away from pod devices. I would also recommend this to someone who wants to quit smoking. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who has issues around technology, something simple miht be more suited for you.

I am providing links to Innokin's website as well as a link to the Coolfire Z60 below.

Innokin's website: INNOKIN® - A Leading Global Vape Brand & Manufacturer
Coolfire Z60: Coolfire Z60 - Vape Kit | INNOKIN®

I would like to thank my contact at Innokin, @Innokin_timmy , for sending me these devices to review. I would also like to thank you for reading this review. I hope that you were able to learn something and I hope that I help you with your decision, whichever way, for whether this device is for you.

Alright, I'll see you next time.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread