Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    innokin Coolfire Z80 + Zenit 2 tank.

Introduction:
    Innokin puts on the market the new Coolfire Z80 Mod equipped with an external 18650 battery. The newcomer adopts a personal and captivating style, moreover it is much lighter than the previous Kroma-R with 18650, all this without losing strength!
    The fourth generation "Fourier Tech" vape technology with refresh mode is inherited and introduced on Coolfire directly from the prodigious Sensis-F.
    The new and evolved Zenit II tank has been improved and, as always, relies on the wide and proven Z-coil platform already highly appreciated by many users around the world.
    Enjoy the reading

1.jpg

Packaging:
    I am pleased to note that this package is also built with 100% recyclable materials, an eye to the environment is always welcome. Brava Innokin !.
    On the front the box presents the image of the Kit together with the list of main features, a black adhesive plate reminds us of the use of the innovative "Fourier Tech Inside" technology in the chipset.
    On the back are listed; the warnings, packing list, scratch & check, Qr-Code and address of Shenzhen Innokin Technology Co., Ltd.

2.jpg

On the sides of the box are shown; a partial image of the Kit, an adhesive label with the words "Sample Not For Sale" and the batch number. On the opposite side are visible and autographed the signatures of P. Busardo and Vapingreek who collaborated with Innokin in the development of this kit.

3.jpg

Packing List:
    • 1x Innokin Coolfire Z80 Mod (battery not included)
    • 1x Innokin Zenith II tank
    • Coil: Z-Coil MTL from 0,8Ω Range 15-18W (Pre-installed)
    • Coil: 0.3Ω RDL Z-Coil 30-40W range spare
    • 1x Spare glass tube (5.5ml)
    • 1x Spare RDL Drip-Tip
    • 1x Spare O-Ring Set
    • 1x Type-C charging cable
    • 1x Quick Guide

4.jpg

Mod Specifications:
    • Material: Zinc alloy
    • Thread: 510
    • Screen: TFT color
    • Dimensions: 83.55x38.3x27.60mm
    • Weight: 88g
    • Battery: external 18650
    • Power range: 06-80W adjustable
    • Range F0Hz: 20-500Hz
    • Ignition speed: 0.003s
    • Charging port: Type-C
    • Time Out: 3-18 seconds adjustable
    • Resistance range: 0.1Ω-3.5Ω
    • Charging current: DC5.0V / 1.7A adjustable

Zenit II Tank Specifications:
    • Material: Steel
    • Diameter: 26mm
    • Capacity: 5.5ml
    • Refill: Twist Top Fill System
    • Drip-Tip: 510
    • AFC: Both for MTL and RDL
    • Coil: Compatible with all the Z-Coil range

Active protections and warnings on the display:
    • When the battery voltage is lower than 3.0V, the device will not be usable.
    • Low Volt: The warning is displayed when the battery voltage is less than 3.3V.
    • Check Coil: The warning is displayed when the Tank or coil is not connected correctly or the coil resistance is not supported (> 3.5Ω).
    • Time Out: The warning is displayed when the time of a single Puff exceeds the duration of the set Cutoff.
    • High Temp: The warning is displayed when the PCB temperature exceeds 90 ° C.
    • Coil Short: The warning is displayed when there is a short circuit in the coil
    • Low Res The warning is displayed when the resistance value is (<0.1Ω).

5.jpg

Available colours:
    • Ash Gray, Cloudy Gray, Leather Black, Leather White.

6.JPG

First impressions:
    After having appreciated the "ecological" aspect of the package, I begin to get to know the product ...
    Innokin sent me the "Ash Gray" colorway for this test . I also really like the other colors available which are all attractive. The frame of the Coolfire 80 is available in 3 different colors; Shiny black, gunmetal and silver steel. The inserts are made of imitation suede or classic imitation leather with colors ranging from soft gray to white or black.

The form factor and dimensions of the Coolfire 80 are similar to those of the beautiful Innokin Kroma-R, but the design looks different and I would also say quite personal and exclusive. Innokin's continuous effort to propose alternative ideas and not simple reproductions of something already seen I believe will be greatly appreciated by users.

Lightweight:
    Of course during the review I will try to deepen in the best way all the aspects concerning the Mod and the new Tank Zenith II, but what I would like to emphasize and that greatly surprised me is the weight of the new Coolfire 80 which is even lighter than the Pico75 !
    If we think that the very manageable and popular Kroma-R weighs 139g I would say that with its 88g weight the Coolfire will make a lot of people happy.
    The Coolfire therefore proves to be very light, transmits sensations of structural solidity to the hand and a high feeling with the very clickable control buttons.

7.jpg

Front / rear view:
    The front of the mod has a protruding and thinned profile, the dark color screen occupies almost all the available space and encompasses; the button, fire, the display, the "+" and "-" buttons and the USB-C charging socket.
    The three buttons are round in shape, protruding and easily accessible by the fingers, the "fire" button is surrounded by a pleasant golden finish. The color display is large and bright, the fonts are enlarged and clearly legible.
    From top to bottom the display shows the following information; operating mode, battery indicator, set power, puff duration, coil resistance, puff counter, volts or Hz.

The back is of a perfectly round section and is covered with an insert that has the texture of suede and the look of craftsmanship with visible stitching and the logo heat-embossed at the bottom.

8.jpg

Side view:
    It is noted that Coolfire Z80 is substantially a "Tube" with a protruding appendage of sturdy zinc alloy thinned towards the front. The look is very reminiscent of "Ehpro cold steel" but Coolfire Z80 from this point of view is much smaller and lighter.
    As a connection between the leather insert and the display there is a metal plate (present on both sides) screwed to the mod using two screws, on one side we find the writing "Coolfire Z80" and on the other "Innokin".

9.jpg

Top / bottom view:
    Of course at the top we find the mug with 510 thread and spring-loaded gold / plated pin. The cup is slightly raised and this avoids scratching the paint during the screwing / unscrewing phase of the tank.
    Coolfire Z80 is able to accommodate atomizers with a maximum diameter of 26mm without protrusions.

The bottom of the mod has a battery screw cap equipped with a convenient flip-up lever to aid in the opening / closing phase. They are also present; 4 vent holes for the cell in case the battery should bleed, the logo and the C E mark.

10.jpg

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    The thread of the compartment / battery and of the cap are among the smoothest I have ever tried. The cap has a negative polarity indication inside, the positive polarity is marked on the bottom of the compartment / battery.

11.jpg

Zenith II Tank:
    Guiltily I don't own the previous generation of Zenith tanks, I only own the Zlide which is a good tank, so I'm quite curious to check how Zenith II works, especially after reading this interesting premise from Innokin ...

"With the new Zenith The king is back! The Tank that changed the MTL scene is back and improved more than ever. From a quiet, tight and fluid MTL design to an exceptional RDL vaporizes and enhances your experience with a stream of precise air.
    Effortlessly fill with an upgraded swivel cap. We've added a silicone seal on the fill port for hassle-free refilling. "

12.JPG

Zenith II Tank first impressions:
    Zenith II has a capacity of up to 5.5ml of e-liquid and measures 26x35mm (without drip-tip). It appears large enough, yet adequate for MTL / RDL dual use.
    The overall "Rugged" look with the Zenith II's semi-protected glass is not that different from previous Innokin tanks. Compared to the Zlide, the type of refill substantially changes. In addition, to facilitate the grip of the Zenith, ergonomic knurls have been added at the bottom of the AFC adjustment ring and at the top of the Top-Cap.
    The air regulation has also been revised with the addition of 2 large opposing slots of 13x2mm each. This solution is suitable for use in RDL especially with the 0.3Ω RDL Z-Coil. For the MTL vape there is an adjustment of the AFC through 3 small holes that seems identical to that of the Zlide Tank.

13.jpg

Zenith II Tank exploded view:
    Unlike some previous creations, the Zenith II can be completely disassembled for an accurate periodic cleaning of the elements that compose it.
    For the MTL or RDL setting there are two different coils and two different specific Drip-Tips in the kit. The tank is not equipped with a block / liquid, however by turning it upside down it is possible to replace the resistance when the liquid level does not exceed 3/4 of the total capacity.

14.jpg

Zenith II Tank, top / bottom view:
    The rotation system of the top-cap is marked by two "open / closed" padlocks and to my knowledge the hole for the passage of the liquid has been updated with the use of a silicone membrane that prevents leaks even if it is forgotten in position of opening. Filling this Tank is by far the easiest and fastest thing I've ever tried up to now.

the bottom of the Zenith II features a slightly protruding silver pin. The writings on it remind us that the tank uses the Z-Coil platform and that it was created with the collaboration of P. Busardo and Vapingreek.

15.jpg

The Z-Coils are also designed with the collaboration of Phil Busardo and Dimitris Agrafiotis (Vapingreek). This resistance platform offers a very wide range of choice to meet different personal needs
    The Zenith Il includes a 0.8Ω MTL resistor and a 0.3Ω RDL resistor in the box.

Z-Coil available:
    • Kanthal mesh 0.3Ω Range 30-40W RDL (included)
    • Kanthal mesh 0.48Ω Range 13-16W MTL (optional)
    • Kanthal mesh 0.5Ω Range 14-19W MTL (optional)
    • Kanthal 0.8Ω Range 15-18W MTL (included)
    • Kanthal 1.0Ω Range 20-25W RDL / MTL (optional)
    • Kanthal 1.2Ω Range 10-14W MTL (optional)
    • Kanthal 1.6Ω Range 10-14W MTL (optional)

16.JPG

Operation Guide:
    • Press the Fire button 3 times to turn on / off the device
    • Press the Fire button and the "+" button at the same time to reset the Puff counter
    • Press the Fire key and the "-" key at the same time to lock / unlock the wattage setting
    • Press the "+" key or the "-" key to adjust the power from 6 to 80W in steps of 0.5W at a time
    • Press the "+" and "-" keys simultaneously to access the menu.

Menu navigation:
    Inside the menu you will find various settings; FØ, Power, Refresh, Setting and Exit.
    • The basic "Power" function includes the possibility of using the device in VW mode from 6 to 80W or VV from 1 to 7.5V.
    • By entering "Setting" it is possible to intervene on various parameters; choice of the minimal graphic interface or PRO (pre-installed), adjust the Time-out of the display from 5 to 180s, adjust the Cut-off for the single puff from 3 to 18s, check the ID and the firmware version installed or restore the device to factory data.

17.jpg

FØ Mode:
    This is the first function that we find in the menu, by activating it we choose to take advantage of a further regulation (HZ) that Innokin offers us, by deactivating it we will have a standard power and pulse regulation.

This new technology developed by Innokin (fourth generation) uses alternating current (AC) to produce different waveforms regulated in frequency by the hertz (HZ) that we are going to set.
    So a sort of power supply finely set based on the type of vape and the resistance installed, this extends the life of the Coil and maintains the vaporization temperature of the liquid on optimized values. MTL (51-100HZ) DTL (20-50HZ) this is the setting recommended by Innokin.
    By adjusting the frequency you can influence the flavor produced by the Coil.
    * After activating the FØ function, the Display will show a "wave" graph and the value (HZ) we have set at the bottom right.

Refresh Mode:
    You can perform this function automatically or manually at any time. Selecting "run 1 x auto" and clicking on the Fire button, the coil refresh will last 4 seconds. If, on the other hand, you believe that the coil needs a longer refresh, select "extended old" and hold down the fire button, the refresh will last 8 seconds.
    In both cases, the aim is to produce a vibration capable of removing dirt from the old coils, also making sure that the "activations" at low intensity (40% less power) allow the liquid to penetrate deeper into the cotton saturating it to the fullest. All this to make the absorbent material "ready" when it will again require a regular power to the coil.

18.jpg

Vaping test:
    I started the test of the 0.3Ω Range 30-40W Z-Coil RDL with a simple 50/50 strawberry liquid, setting the FØ mode to 50HZ and the power to 35W with AFC fully open. The taste is really good with a very high RDL yield and above all the Tank does not heat up. I did several tests with the HZ setting; lowering the value, the background noise becomes more "guttural" and the steam becomes more humid and fatty with a very sweetened aromatic yield. While raising the HZ value the background noise seems less with a lower aromatic yield and a drier vapor.
    I consumed a lot of liquid during the time of the test and I often activated the "refresh" function to safeguard the resistance, however the Z-Coil does not seem to have experienced any drop.

Before using the Z-Coil MTL from 0,8Ω Range 15-18W I thoroughly washed the tank and I inserted a 50/50 hazelnut liquid by setting the FØ mode to 100HZ and the power to 18W.
    With AFC positioned on the 3 small holes I got an aromatic and rather airy MTL shot. With the two holes selected, the puff remains fairly airy, while the shot begins to become quite narrow by using a single hole or by completely closing the AFC. In MTL mode I did not notice any particular differences in terms of AFC adjustment compared to the Zlide tank.
    With this 0,8Ω resistor I continued to use the FØ function for a long time, but I also tried to disable it, finding a difference in terms of less sweetness of the liquids, it seems that with the FØ function disabled, the Tank gets hotter and the coil suffer more. Correctly set FØ function certainly contributes to getting the most flavor out of the liquid. Now I always use the FØ function and I can't give it up.

As I really liked the previous Kit Pod Sensis I must say that I liked Coolfire Z80 Kit even more for the many qualities and innovations it possesses. I hope I have illustrated the product well during the course of this review and for any questions I remain at your disposal.
    Thanks for reading.

Thanks to Innokin for sending me the product for free in exchange for my honest evaluation.
    CoolFire Z80 Zenith II - Vape Kit | INNOKIN®

19.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread