Z-Lee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest

innokin GOZEE 60W Kit

The Featherweight Champion

4NyIMaC.jpg

Hello! For today's review, we'll be punching our way through innokin's new GOZEE Kit. They claim it to be the Featherweight Champion and we'll let you be the judge of that by the end of this review. I will admit that it bothers me a bit that Innokin's efforts to be environmentally friendly have been countered with an almost purely plastic kit, but I won't let that deter from the pros of this device. When it's all said and done, as long as you're not smoking, we're all in agreeance with that.

I want to thank Nicole over at Innokin for reaching out to me for this review. As always, I will remain as objective as possible while splashing in some opinions and experiences that you may want to take into consideration before making this purchase.

The first portion of this review is most of what you'll find at Innokin.com with some added comments. My experiences, opinions, and testing will round out the rest of the review as well as any concluding remarks about the kit toward the end.

So let's take a peek at the Innokin GOZEE Kit!

- Colors & Go Z+ Tank -

texXkTx.jpg

The new GO Z+ tank is compatible with all Z-coils and accommodates a wide range of airflow settings, from MTL to RDL, with great precision. The featherweight champion of tanks. The Go Z+ tank is made from premium-grade PCTG for enhanced durability and incredible heat resistance.

Color Options:

• Black
    • Blue
    • Yellow
    • Turquoise
    • Green
    • Pink

- Z-Coils -

WHy6jQZ.jpg

Take advantage of the full range of Z-coils, whether you prefer a low wattage MTL vape, or a luxurious RDL experience. Z-coils provide elite performance whatever your vaping style.

0.3 (DL) and 0.8 (RDL - Pre-installed) Ohm coils come with the kit.

- Sliding Top Fill -

EPmwJWE.jpg

Refill easily on the go, with zero mess using our simple sliding top-fill design. Despite its small size, the GO Z+ achieves 3.5ml of e-liquid capacity (2ml in TPD regions).

Innokin did a great job with the sliding top fill on this tank. The rubber membrane does a great job of preventing a mess during refills and there hasn't been any juice leakage between the membrane and the sliding top cap.

- Chipset -

56pMyEA.jpg

Our simplified GOZEE chipset delivers up to 60W of adjustable power with unmatched reliability and a streamlined user experience.

If you're familiar with the Innokin Kroma 217 mod, this chipset in terms of how it's displayed and navigated are exactly the same. The only difference with the version of the chip in this mod is that most of the features have been pulled out of it to make it as easy and simple to use as possible. More on how to operate the UI will be talked about below.

- Features -

AuOYFOI.jpg

With its stunning double injection moulded design and tiny chassis, the GOZEE is super lightweight and compact, while retaining a premium feel in the hand.

This mod is almost entirely made of plastic. It's so lightweight that you're able to forget it's in your pocket. It weighs ever so slightly more than a mini-pod such as the Innokin Klypse, or the Uwell Caliburn.

- The Finish -

T1TWpJK.jpg

Our special double injection moulding process gives the GOZEE a crystal-clear finish, with excellent durability and an eye-catching look.

The double injected finish looks very clean and leaves no trace of any fingerprints. It also aids in bringing out the color of the mod.

- Battery -

0JspZ0m.jpg

The GOZEE is equipped with a 2100mAh internal battery, perfect for MTL and RDL vaping. All-day performance in a tiny package.

- Charging -

FszxtBS.jpg

The GOZEE is equipped with super-fast, super-dependable 2A USB-C charging, achieving the perfect balance of speed and battery longevity.

klgO23w.jpg
    • Dimensions: 35.73*27.02*119.45mm
    • Tank Capacity: 3.5 mL/2 mL (TPD)
    • Coils: Compatible with all Z-Coils
    • Useable Resistance Range: 0.2-3.5Ω
    • Battery mAh: 2100 mA/3.7V, 7.77Wh
    • Min/Max Wattage: 6.0-60W
    • Min/Max Voltage: 1.0-7.5V
    • Max Output Current: 17.5A
    • Thread: 510 (Stainless Steel)
    • Body Material: PC & ABS
    • Charging Current: 5V/2A

Reactions: dreamvaper

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    - Experiences, Testing, and Observations -

IVGZ0mS.jpg

What comes in the kit:
    • 1x Innokin GOZEE Mod
    • 1x Innokin Go Z+ Tank
    • 2x Kanthal Z-Coils (0.3Ω for RDL and Pre-installed 0.8Ω for MTL)
    • 1x Spare 510 Drip Tip for RDL
    • 1x USB Type-C Charging Cable (1 ft.)
    • User Manual
    • Warning & Safety Info

First off, I want to thank Innokin for using recycled packaging even though this entire kit is pretty much made of plastic, lol. Onward...

This kit has everything you'll need to start vaping except the juice. The charging cable is a bit short, but it charges just as well as any (assuming it's not a 3.0 QC cable). I think it's great that they included an additional 510 drip tip for RDL vaping; this isn't very common in most kits. I also don't see a lot of companies putting out atomizers that try to appeal to both MTL and RDL vapers while also being able to achieve both styles of vaping very well. Kudos to Innokin for being able to accomplish this yet again.

- The GOZEE Mod -

AUXaiOo.jpg

As you can see from the pictures above, the colors are quite vibrant. The front of the mod houses the UI display. Above the display is an easily distinguishable fire button that's raised a few millimeters so that it's easy to find. Below the display are the up [+] and down [-] directional buttons that you'll be able to use to change the Wattage and set values for the few menu options available. I'll get into the UI functions further down. Below the directional buttons is the USB Type-C charging port.

On the right side of the mod, you notice a well hidden but still readable Innokin logo. On the left side of the mod, you'll notice in big bold letters "GOZEE". You're sure to not mistaken what model this is. With that being said, it's also pretty well hidden just like the Innokin logo on the opposite side.

On the bottom you'll find the battery capacity and up top is where you'll find the 510 plate fastened in with 3 small torx screws. The brass 510 connector pin is spring-loaded but there are a few concerns about the 510 plate which I'll show you below.

FOPAfSf.jpg

Upon removal of the 510 plate (which I wouldn't recommend), you can see that a small amount of residual juice has made its way down into the interior portion of the mod. The leaking that I've experienced from the tank has been very minimal and it's not from the airflow which is where most bottom airflow tanks will leak from. Instead, the leaks will end up coming out where the 510 post from the coil pokes down through the bottom airflow ring that's used to secure the bottom of the tank. I'll reference this again below when I get a closer look at the tank. I do wish that they would have put a thin O-ring around the edge of the 510 plate or just underneath it on the lip where the plate seats. I think this would prevent juice from getting into the mod.

Also, you'll notice that the screws are secured by small metal locking nuts that are etched into the plastic frame. With the weight of the tank being as light as it is, I don't think there should be much worry about the 510 plate popping off if you drop the kit. I actually stripped one of the locking nuts out when I was trying to get the 510 plate back on. The nut now freely spins meaning I can't get the screw all the way back down which is why I wouldn't recommend taking the 510 plate off. I do feel it's better that I found this out before you did, however. The mod still works perfectly fine - just don't take it apart.

I don't have equipment to measure the actual capacity of the battery, but I will say that an hour and a half commute to and from work has been little competition for this mod. I'm not a chain vaper, but I very easily puff 100-150 times during these commutes. If you're vaping the 0.8 Ohm coil or higher, you can be quite sure that this vape will last an entire day without any problems assuming you're vaping between 15-20W.

My first full discharge ended at 239 puffs (with some experimenting with Wattage), and my second full discharge ended at 259 puffs. Between the two full battery discharges, it averaged around 249 puffs at around 30W. I would say that's very good for a 2100 mAh battery.

A full recharge from completely dead will take you about an hour and 15 minutes. To reach 90% should only take you about an hour. I should mention that the mod does get quite warm after charging it for a while.

I did measure the charging speed with the cable that comes provided in the kit. With it, I was able to achieve a 1.4-1.5A charging speed. While this isn't the 2A that's advertised, this is pretty normal by 2A standards. The mod also allows pass-through vaping but does not register a 3.0 QC cable. The 3.0 QC chargers you're using for your Android phones will not work for this mod unless the cable is quite old.

- User Interface Functions -

The mod functions with extreme ease. This might be the most stripped down version of a 510 device that I've ever used, but it covers pretty much everything you need in a mod.

nBMohKw.jpg

From top left to bottom right, this display shows:

• Adjustment Button Lock (Green when Unlocked, Red when Locked)
    • Battery Life
    • Wattage
    • Puff Duration (shown briefly after each puff)
    • Coil Resistance
    • Puff Counter
    • Voltage Used (activate only when fired)

I took a side by side picture to show that the puff counter cycles back to 000 once you reach 1000. Unlike the Innokin Kroma 217 Mod that also shows only a 3 digit puff counter, once you reached a 1000, it shifts the 3 digit counter to the 3 digits furthest left. For 1000 puffs, the puff counter would show "100". 2764 puffs would show "276" puffs. I was hoping the GOZEE mod would operate in the same way, but alas, it does not.

Shortcut button combinations are as follows:
    • 3 quick clicks of the fire button - turns the mod on and off.
    • Hold [-] or [+] - change the Wattage once it begins to blink.

y9NZzxI.jpg
    • Holding [-] and the Fire button - locks and unlocks the [-] and [+] buttons while still allowing you to fire the mod. The lock icon on the mod illustrates this very easily.
    wbbk2wk.jpg
    • Holding [+] and the Fire button - brings up an independent submenu that allows you to see the actual battery life remaining in Voltage, the coil resistance to the thousandth of an Ohm, and the ability to reset the Puff Counter back to zero.
    bdcrN8s.jpg
    • Holding down the [-] and [+] together - brings up the submenu which allows you access to 2 things - the Cutoff Timer and the Active Screen Timer.
      • The Cutoff Timer - how long your button can stay suppressed before it the mod stops (can be change from 3 to 18 seconds).
      • The Active Screen Timer - how long the display will stay lit after you press a button to activate it (can be changed from 5 seconds to 3 minutes).
    The Wattage changes in increments of 0.5W and scrolls at a decent pace for a 60W mod. Some mods scroll so fast that it's difficult to stop within 5W of where you want it, leaving you to single press the mod in 0.1W increments until you reach the Wattage you want - I find this very annoying. I feel like the scroll speed for the GOZEE is just right. It also round robins from 60W to 6W, and vice versa.

Voltage does reach the advertised 7.5V, so very well done on that.

That's all there is to it. As I mentioned, the GOZEE is super easy to operate.

- Innokin Z-Coils -
    It's great to see Innokin continuing to use tried and true coils that have been around for a long time. It makes purchases like this easier, if you already have a stock of Z-Coils stashed up already (I have well over 100 for a few Z80 kits I have stashed). There's a photo from earlier in the review that shows the entire Z-Coil series ranging from 0.3 all the way up to 1.6 Ohms. Whatever Z-Coil tank you have, they have you covered from RDL all the way to a true MTL vape style. I always mention "true" when I'm talking about the suction you'd expect from a packed cigarette.

ousdERq.jpg

The 0.8 Ohm coil comes pre-installed in the tank, but I chose to use the 0.3 Ohm coil because I'd never used this coil before. The 0.8 and 1.6 Ohm coils I've used plenty in the Zenith II tank and they're very good for an RDL/MTL vape flavor-wise. The 0.3 Ohm Z-Coil recommends a Wattage range between 30 and 40W. Personally, I would recommend 30-35W if you chain vape more than 2-3 puffs at a time as the 3rd or so puff gets a little singe-y. From previous experience with the 0.8 Ohm coil, I'd recommend 15-25W, even though the recommended Wattage is 14-17W. Find what vapes best for you.

The coils themselves state the coil material on the side which is great if you have allergies to certain metals. From my knowledge, I believe all of the Z-Coils are made with Kanthal (KA/KAL).

- The Go Z+ Tank -

CzoKleM.jpg

For the coils to seat properly in the GOZEE tank, remember to line the straight-edged sides of the coil lip with the corresponding notches in the tank. Failure to do so will not allow you to properly screw in and seal the bottom cap onto the tank (shown below on the right).

x4R3zmV.jpg

The top picture above gives you a better look at how this tank is assembled. Unlike most other 510 tanks, the 510 post on the Z-Coils comes as part of the coil. Most other companies attach the 510 post to the bottom cap of the tank which then has a connector on the inside of the bottom cap that makes connection with the coil. For the most part, this method has help up very well. I know the Innokin Zenith II tank hasn't had any issues with leaking at all. The Go Z+ tank had minor leakage issues, but never enough to get on anything or be messy. Upon unscrewing the tank on a few occasions, I'd see a ring of juice on the 510 plate of the mod, but that can be easily wiped away. I figure as long as the device isn't dripping out juice onto the desk or staining pants or jacket pockets, it's A-okay with me.

Included with the kit is the RDL 510 drip tip shown in the bottom picture above. It has a wider inner diameter allowing more airflow and should be used with the 0.3 Ohm coil. You should also be able to use this drip tip with the 0.8 Ohm coil if you wish not to vape in MTL. I think this is a great addition to the kit.

neBwD4t.jpg

The clear plastic allows you to see the airflow holes available for the airflow ring setting. Spinning the airflow control (AFC) ring all the way counter-clockwise exposes the largest airflow hole which is actually a slot. This is the setting you'd want for an RDL vape. To the left of that slot, you can see 4 airflow holes that start very small and grow in size. If you move the airflow ring all the way clockwise, you will experience very little airflow. If you want a "true" MTL style vape, this is where you'd want it. This is where you'd find additional throat hit if that's something you're interested in. If you're wanting a slight bit more airflow, you can spin the airflow ring counter-clockwise until you reach the first airflow hole which is the largest of the 4. My guess is that this hole is probably 1/2 to 3/4 of a millimeter in diameter. Further spinning the AFC ring counter-clockwise will expose more holes until you reach the airflow slot if you're still wanting additional airflow for a looser MTL.

unMIHDQ.jpg

The slide top for refilling was done very nicely with this kit. Not once have I run into any kind of mess when refilling which is saying something with the membranes that many companies are using these days. The only thing that's slightly difficult about this tank is that the arrow on the cap that shows you where you're supposed to press to slide the cap back is hard to see. Being that the entire top cap is transparent however, all you have to do is look for the white silicone membrane underneath and find the side that the membrane reaches the edge of the tank. Once the top cap is slid back, you should have no issues getting even a 120 mL Gorilla bottle nozzle inside to refill.

- Pros, Cons, and Preferential Considerations -
    (+)(+) Pros (+)(+)

• Ultra light weight
    • Very compact for a 510 device
    • Great hand feel
    • Pastel colors really bling with the double injection molding
    • UI is extremely easy to use and covers all the basic needs
    • Variable Wattage up to 60W
    • Includes two removeable 510 drip tips for both MTL and RDL vaping
    • Minimal leaking
    • Slide top refill
    • Working refill membrane with no mess
    • Airflow works very well for true MTL and RDL vaping
    • 2100 mAh internal battery that holds up very well
    • Still using Z-Coils
    • Mod reaches advertised 7.5V
    • USB Type-C charging port (1.4-1.5A)
    • Affordable (seeing around the internet, $40ish)

(-)(-) Cons (-)(-)

• Not built with the sturdiest materials (wouldn't disassemble)

(-)(+) Preferential Considerations (+)(-)

• Uses an internal battery
    • Very dainty if you like larger and/or weighty devices
    • Made of almost purely plastic (environmental concerns)
    • There's still some leaking, but hardly enough to fuss about

CSz5L1x.jpg

- Overall Rating -

(A grape ape great vape for what it is :lol:)

I want to thank you for taking the time to read this review. It always ends up longer than I intended and I know that's both a good and bad thing. If you have any questions about the device, feel free to leave a response or PM me. I hope you got what you came for!

Happy vape hoarding and 4th of July!
    :rickroll:

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    Good review. I didn't notice any leakage on mine but I didn't remove the 510 plate either. It's not really something that would have occurred to me to do. Did you notice liquid in the 510 that prompted you to remove it?
    I was noticing seepage on the 510 when I'd unscrew the tank sometimes, but never saw any leaking coming from the airflow. The seal between the 510 thread on the coil and bottom cap must've allowed some air in. It wasn't bad enough where it got on anything, but there was definite seepage. Hardly enough to whine about, but just wanted to note it.

I also wanted to see what was holding down the 510 plate on an almost purely plastic mod, haha.

HyDrOpOnIc1987

ECF Veteran
    Sep 12, 2021
    Awesome review! I believe my kit should arrive today. Can only hope to be as informative. You are a review pro my friend :) I've been learning a lot by checking out a chunk of reviews by each of the more well known reviewers here, hoping to meld some styles together to create my own lol thanks, gave me more ideas!

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    Awesome review! I believe my kit should arrive today. Can only hope to be as informative. You are a review pro my friend :) I've been learning a lot by checking out a chunk of reviews by each of the more well known reviewers here, hoping to meld some styles together to create my own lol thanks, gave me more ideas!
    I'm glad you're finding stuff to pick out. Good reviews can be fun, but they're certainly time consuming. Try to have fun with them!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread