Innokin iClear 16B burnt taste...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skenzer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
West MI
Just picked up a 16B and a couple heads for it at 1.5ohm. vaping at the lowest setting I can, which is 3.3V or 6.0 Watts, I continue to get a burnt taste from this clearo. I also picked up a 30B with the heads rated at 1.5ohm and loving it!
The heads on these two are just about identical, at least they appear to be. The 30B head being a little longer overall but the design characteristics between the 16B and 30B heads are very similar.
I can't figure out why I'm getting such a bad vape from the 16B but a fantastic vape from the 30B, in fact, I would say that right now the 30B is my favorite tank overall. I like it a LOT better then my Pro tank's, both 1 and 2. I also like it better then my original iClear 30 which I really liked.

Anybody else getting a burnt taste form their 16B's? I'm wondering if 3.3v's is just too high. I have a new battery on it's way that can go down to 3.0V's and I'm waiting to give that a go with the 16B. I've tried 2 different heads in this 16B with the same burnt taste results.
I also ordered another head for it but this time I went with a 1.8 ohm head instead.
Brad

Hey brad.. So I am also experiencing some issues with my new iclear 16B's.. Or at least 2 of the 4 heads I've used so far.. I was bull....ting around with the dude that runs my local vape shop, talking about the new X.I (or is it X.1?) and told him I ordered a 16B (which came in the mail today) he said he got a 5 pack to try out and seemed really impressed by them, said they were great tanks for the price
. And then was awesome enough to actually give me one of the 5 he picked up for free ..it came with a 1.8 head, and the one I ordered came with a 2.1 ..when I first loaded mine up (organic black cherry marshmallow 12mg 50/50) it tasted awesome, great vapor production.. I was very happy.. But within an hour I started noticing a slight burnt rubber/plastic taste to it (definitely not dry wicks or gunked up coils) I tried lower settings on my MVP 2.0, both vv and vw, basically had to go down so low the vapor was almost unnoticeable in my throat before the bad taste went away.. I thought maybe it was the lower resistance (than i usually vape that juice at) when i got my 2nd 16B i switched out the coil for a 2.1, and loaded the second tank up with a different juice (spook sauce from goodlifevapor) but the first tank(with a new coil/same juice) started tasting bad again, this time almost immediately.. The spook sauce one tastes great though, (although it is a much stronger flavor and could possibly overpower a bad taste in the background, as the o.b.c.m in the first tank is a very light and delicate flavor) ..when i got home from work today i switched the first 2.1 coil out for another new 2.1 and so far have not had the same bad flavor (at my normal 3.8-4.3volts/8-9watts)*knocks on wood*
..If i had to guess it is something inconsistent about the make of the coils, they could possibly be melting/burning some of the nearby plastic/rubber seals (which appear to be very close to the actual coils) ..which sucks because I was really hoping these tanks/coils would be the usual innokin quality.. Only good news is that so far it doesn't seem to be EVERY coil.. I actually saw a review for the tank on YouTube earlier where someone discussed the exact same issue, he said 2 of the 5 coils he tried had the same problem.. Im actually thinking of trying to contact innokin about this and see if they have anything to say, and I'm going to go back to my local B&M (Vast Vapor) and discuss this with the owner there as he is a really cool guy and I'm sure he would appreciate the feedback in return for the free product lol.. Guess for me I'm gonna move on the the iclear X.I and try those heads out.. At least untill/if innokin addresses this issue and comes out with an improved coil for this tank which I am hoping they will if this issue continues.. Hope this helps! Best of luck to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread