Innokin Itaste MVP Battery Life Between Charges

Status
Not open for further replies.

ditc

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
Hey Guys, I've had my new Innokin Itaste MVP for a week or so now. I love it. But I am concerned/curious about it's battery lifespan between charges. I'm seeing that a lot of people are getting 1,000 plus "puffs" or upwards of 28 hours "heavy vaping time" between charges on their units. Here is what I've noticed about mine.

* From a full charge (plugged into a 2a usb wall wart, green light off) I get roughly 300 "puffs" (5-8 second long hits using Evod 1.8 ohm clearomizer at 3.7-4.0 volts) (15-20 hours of low-moderate "vaping time" before it turns yellow

* I get roughly 25-30 "puffs" from light turning yellow to red

* Recharge on on 2a usb wall wart takes approximately 2-3 hours

* NOT using it to charge other sources (output switch stays OFF)

For any Itaste MVP users, or anyone familiar with 2600mah battery time, does this sound normal? Especially when compared to "vape time" and "puffs" that other users claim to be getting? Should I look into exchanging it? Charge it with a different usb wall adapter? Let it charge longer after green light goes off? I have used plenty of ego style spinner and non-vv batteries rated at 1100-1300 mahs, which seems to yield about the same longevity between charge results as this Itaste MVP, even though the battery is supposedly twice as large. Any and all input, personal observations are completely welcomed. Thanks in advance!

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
I've had my MVP since the end of January.

I tend to recharge around 800 or so on the counter, typically run 2.4 ish on the ohms, and around 3.8 - 4.2 on volts, depending on the juice. (I find thicker juices work better for me at the higher end of voltage, and of course different juices just taste better at different voltages...) There have been a couple times I've rolled the counter before recharging, but I generally don't. At the same time, I generally do reset it after charging, but don't always remember!

I've seen about the same number on the count from yellow to red as well, so that doesn't seem out of line from my experience.

Now, I can't say I've timed my draw, so that could be some of the difference. But probably closer to your 5 seconds.

I also have a couple of 1300 Spinners, and my MVP will definitely run longer between charges.

KerryK

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2012
Madtown, WI
* From a full charge (plugged into a 2a usb wall wart, green light off) I get roughly 300 "puffs" (5-8 second long hits using Evod 1.8 ohm clearomizer at 3.7-4.0 volts) (15-20 hours of low-moderate "vaping time" before it turns yellow

That is low, I mean I just took mine off the charger a few hours ago and I'm at 156 puffs counted...I charge like every day and a half with pretty heavy use.

Using Protank 2.5ohm at 4.7v.

Last edited:

ditc

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
Thanks for your replies guys,,, DavidOck, it does sound like perhaps the length of my "puffs" are longer, which may account for the lower amount of puffs.

KerryK, Interesting to hear your thoughts. Again, it sounds like you may take much shorter length puffs, but take them more often! For instance. In 12 hours of usage since a full charge, I have only taken 105 puffs. And probably gone thru 2mls of juice. My puffs are closer to 7-9 seconds i'd say! Almost hitting the cutoff. So i'm thinking that may be the reason for the low "puff count" on my end. And maybe I'm just driving myself crazy overanalyzing. i noticed in another forum that someone was curious about the lifespan between charges of the itaste mvp, and they were asking another forum member who had one to measure the amount of juice that was used in one battery cycle, versus hours of "vape-time" or "puffs" as everyone's vaping habits can obviously be quite different. If I do the math based upon the puffs vs. time i'm getting, 105/12 = just under 9 (let's call it 9!) puffs an hour. if i'm getting 300-330 puffs per lifetime of battery, that's 36 hours of "vape-time" for me, which i could hardly complain about. And if i go by the amount of juice used, if i'm 105 puffs (or 1/3 of the battery in) and i've used approx 2ml of juice, would it make sense that a battery lifespan between charges for you guys would yield somewhere in the area of 6-8 mls? ok, enough math, my bad!

Last edited:

ditc

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
no, not that i know of, and i have anxiety problems in general, so i feel like it would be super apparent to me.. but then again, i don't
"chain vape" as they say,, i maybe only take 10 hits an hour or so, so in other words, i like a gigantic .... hit size puff, but then i'm good for awhile before i need another. if that makes sense? haha

MikeDG

ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Gilbert, AZ
Not to go far from the discussion. I'm wanting to get MVP and just wondering where you get yours, Pitviper?

Reading from the blogs here, Innokin updated the MVP by adding some threads including EGO. Yeheeeey!

I also wonder if any of the new owners of MVP got theirs from Fasttech which is at a great deal, but I want to make sure that that product is the updated one.

Thanks!

Samurai671

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2012
Guam
Not to go far from the discussion. I'm wanting to get MVP and just wondering where you get yours, Pitviper?

Reading from the blogs here, Innokin updated the MVP by adding some threads including EGO. Yeheeeey!

I also wonder if any of the new owners of MVP got theirs from Fasttech which is at a great deal, but I want to make sure that that product is the updated one.

Thanks!

I got mine from FastTech 2 weeks ago, and it is the updated one with the 510/ego threading so nothing to worry about there. I got mine with the iClear 30 and it is awesome. Only downside is the wait time from order to your door. It takes about 2-3 days from Hong Kong to Cali then I'm guesstimating about another 3-4 days to you in Arizona, add in the wait time for about a day or two of packing and shipping out from Hong Kong and your average wait would be about 7-10 days. Although I've heard in some instances that some of them got it within 4-5 days.

Thunderball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Grayson, Georgia
Yup

BTW-I timed my vapes and they range from 4 to 5 seconds, I got 3 full days on my last charge....

Same here... Just timed mine..I get over two days on a charge....... mine takes a few hours to charge up from a wall charger...maybe 4 to 5 ? I always roll the puff counter.

F0ur2o

Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Canada
Got mine late Dec --- Love it

Jan to March Full 3+ days per charge -- This thing is a tank -- I vape 3-4 hundred puffs a day on average

March to July 1.5-2 days per charge -- still love it. Start noticing yellow light sooner

July to today I charge it once a day or every other day now. Now can notice the power start to drop in my puffs.

I know that since the day I bought it I probably should have just charged it everyday or two but the battery life was the reason I bought it and I love not carrying a pocket full of 18650's.

Maybe that would extend the lifetime? I'm no expert.

I have maybe used the charge port twice for my phone.....and very briefly. Good emergency feature -- and kind of funny to show off.

I will buy a V2 when they come out but only if it is a built in battery.

All in all a great device. I would prefer an actual onscreen battery voltage readout instead of the colour system. Like the VV V3.

Grim Shadows

May 20, 2013
Orlando, Fl, USA
I just received mine last week from fasttech, came fully charged, I topped it off and went. I'm at over 1000 puffs and its still green.. Very happy with my MVP so far!
Btw it took 15 days from order to delivery in Florida..

::edit:: Ok last night right at lunchtime, it went yellow, then by the time I got off of work this morning it went red and shut off very shortly after. So I got about 5 days off of the first charge. I only turned it off one night while I slept, left it on the rest of the time just to see how long it would last...
It did go from yellow to red to dead rather quickly, especially after seeing how long it stayed green...

Last edited:

lulu515

Dec 1, 2011
TN
Same here... Just timed mine..I get over two days on a charge....... mine takes a few hours to charge up from a wall charger...maybe 4 to 5 ? I always roll the puff counter.

bold by me:

this is what I was looking for. Mine has been charging for 5 hours already. I was worried something might be wrong, lol. I got it fully charged, & decided to put it on the charger, when the light went yellow.

lulu515

Dec 1, 2011
TN
I just received mine last week from fasttech, came fully charged, I topped it off and went. I'm at over 1000 puffs and its still green.. Very happy with my MVP so far!
Btw it took 15 days from order to delivery in Florida..

::edit:: Ok last night right at lunchtime, it went yellow, then by the time I got off of work this morning it went red and shut off very shortly after. So I got about 5 days off of the first charge. I only turned it off one night while I slept, left it on the rest of the time just to see how long it would last...
It did go from yellow to red to dead rather quickly, especially after seeing how long it stayed green...

I got 993 puffs before the light turned yellow, although I didn't top it off, after I got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread