The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Innokin iTaste MVP in the House

Discussion in 'VV/VW APV Discussion' started by RPadTV, Nov 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. RPadTV

RPadTV Reviewer / Blogger Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 12, 2012
    Planet Awesome
    Innokin iTaste MVP.jpg

Here's a photo of the Innokin iTaste MVP (left). The unit is currently charging and I'll be posting a video review in the near future. Taking it out of the box, I was immediately struck by its heft; the metal body gives it a nice, substantial feel. The kit comes with two clearomizers and a charging cable. There are two charging ports on the bottom of the unit -- one to charge the MVP and one to charge external devices (phone, iPod, etc.). I'm looking forward to trying it out!

2. malcop

malcop Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 29, 2011
    Birmingham
    I've had mine since last Friday, hope you like it as much as I do.

Thanks

malcop

3. rl0156

rl0156 Full Member

Aug 31, 2012
    Georgia
    I'm really interested in this even with the limited info I currently have :) can't wait for a review

4. wseternmd

wseternmd Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 26, 2012
    westernport, md
    very nice looking unit

5. prometheus

prometheus Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 14, 2011
    Pittsburgh PA
    So far I have been loving this sucker. The clearomizers that came with it seem to work best on my high VG juices though... not sure I understand that lol. I also think the button placement is a pain in the butt so far but I am used to a box with the button on top so may take some getting used to. My hand also gets finger prints all over the shiny mirrored vv display lol. My only real complaint so far is the the air flow is a bit stiff but I'm getting used to that too...

6. RPadTV

Oct 12, 2012
    Planet Awesome
    Prometheus, you use it with anything else yet? I've been vaping with it through a carto/tank and a Kanger T3 (have to use adapter though), and I'm liking it better than with the included clearo.

7. prometheus

Apr 14, 2011
    Pittsburgh PA
    No not yet. I have been trying to like the clearo's that came with it lol. I have a tank at home but it seems like the tiny holes in the collar wouldn't be enough air for it. I ordered some T3's and adapter to try. I have some carto's but will try that tonight and see. Thanks for the tip. Btw how is the T3? They look good but I only got 2 to try. I also ordered a couple stardusts but I am thinking they may be like the ones that came with it...

8. RPadTV

Oct 12, 2012
    Planet Awesome
    The T3 is easily my favorite clearo. I like it better than the Stardust, Vivi Nova, T2, etc. I started off with two and liked it so much that ordered two more, along with five replacement coils...and then participated in a coop for five more units and 15 more coils. They're going to be my default for new juices, while the ones I like graduate to carto/tanks.

9. prometheus

Apr 14, 2011
    Pittsburgh PA
    Good to hear! Can't wait to try them. And your right my tank and carto's have a much better draw and work so much better then the clearo's. now if only they made the holes in the collar a tiny bit bigger it would be perfect. I may just drill them out myself lol.

10. dragonbone

dragonbone Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 21, 2009
    Somewhere
    Hey guys. I just came to mention... a certain malicious rumor that has started by somebody regarding a version 2 and 3 is not true.

There is only ONE version of the Innokin iTaste MVP. I have my own sources, and that is not true.

Here is the statement release on the Innokin Website here and here.

When I pointed this out and gave the above link, my post was deleted by Gotvapes on their forum!

Edit: I see the whole thread has now been deleted lol

11. prometheus

Apr 14, 2011
    Pittsburgh PA
    Yeah I would hope so since the first one was just released lol. Thanks for the tip though... people got to chill with the v1, v2, v3 crap lol. It happened with the Itaste vv for good reasons but don't think the MVP will have the same issues. I actually work close with Innokin and so far they have no plans for a v2. This may change if people complain about the amp limit but for now the device is finished, done, and ready to go :)

12. kiwivap

kiwivap Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 14, 2012
    New Zealand
    Thanks for the heads up on that Dragonbone. Only thing I saw on their forum when I viisted was another thread with GV saying they would be selling the version 2. Which doesn't exist.... :D

13. RPadTV

Oct 12, 2012
    Planet Awesome
    I think the confusion was due to a very slight last-minute modification that delayed the initial shipment. You are, of course, correct.

14. dragonbone

May 21, 2009
    Somewhere
    Exactly! There is NO version 2!

The best is when some people go on YouTube or here on the forum and say things like, 'I didn't like this and that so I spoke to the Chinese manufacturer and they changed the product to MY specification'. yeah right... lol

15. dragonbone

May 21, 2009
    Somewhere
    I never heard of any delay? Lots of people already have the MVP (not to be confused with the prototype).

16. prometheus

Apr 14, 2011
    Pittsburgh PA
    There was a delay of a few days but I think it had something to do with the mass mold batteries. No v2! and no spec changes

You have to take anything GV says with a grain of salt. Personally I try to stay away from their products. They do sometimes like to mod and rename their products but most of their mods make Chinese crap into worse crap lol. Buyer beware!

17. RPadTV

Oct 12, 2012
    Planet Awesome
    I was supposed to receive a unit a few weeks ago, but only received it on Monday. I was told there was a slight change in the battery mold.

18. prometheus

Apr 14, 2011
    Pittsburgh PA
    Hey you by any chance don't deal with Mr. Xia at Innokin do you?

19. RPadTV

Oct 12, 2012
    Planet Awesome
    Indeed I do!

20. prometheus

Apr 14, 2011
    Pittsburgh PA
    Small world lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.