Status
Not open for further replies.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
New versions of the MVP,and the iTaste are now available.The ONLY changes made are the threading on the units,they actually have EGO threadding now.

EDIT: From what i have heard they are working on VW for both devices???Not sure if that will pan out but that is what i have heard.

Last edited:

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
I heard that there was an issue with the charging port being somewhat fragile. I was going to buy one until I heard about that. The last thing I want is a 60.00 paperweight..when they fix that I'll jump right in.
Supposedly it is. But it doesn't stick out or anything. I'm just very gentle when I plug it in or take the plug off and it's on my only surge protector that isn't on the floor (so I can't trip over it because I am a klutz.) I don't think I'd use it as a passthrough because it would be too easy to tug it but I haven't had any problems.

By the way, I have the blue one and it would make a very pretty paperweight. :D

tA71ana

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Round N Round the Mulberry Bush
By the way, I have the blue one and it would make a very pretty paperweight. :D

LOL Poeia

I would like to get the stainless one because I have a couple of decorating ideas for it...
Plus I would like to have a puff counter (as maligned as it is) ...I vape constantly and I an curious as to exactly how much, lol

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
By any chance, do you have any pictures of the blue MVP? Any pictures that show the color more accurately?

I don't have any pics (and I can't find my cable to download all the stuff already on my camera) but what I've seen at vendors is pretty accurate. It's not a BLUE blue. It's more of a smokey steel with a blue tinge. Closer to charcoal gray than anything.

I still haven't figured out the right settings for my monitor. It's washing out white-on-white (such as search boxes) and I'm not in the mood to futz with it. To me, the one here looks right except a shade or two too pale so it's probably almost exact when you factor in the over-brightness of my screen.

ETA: I figured it would show fewer fingerprints than the silver would and be easier to find than the black one.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I don't have any pics (and I can't find my cable to download all the stuff already on my camera) but what I've seen at vendors is pretty accurate. It's not a BLUE blue. It's more of a smokey steel with a blue tinge. Closer to charcoal gray than anything.

I still haven't figured out the right settings for my monitor. It's washing out white-on-white (such as search boxes) and I'm not in the mood to futz with it. To me, the one here looks right except a shade or two too pale so it's probably almost exact when you factor in the over-brightness of my screen.

ETA: I figured it would show fewer fingerprints than the silver would and be easier to find than the black one.

To me the black looks elegant, like something an executive would use (or maybe a little "rat pack").

But, I love blue-grays and gray-blues. To me, charcoal gray is a beautiful color! And, like you said, it really would be easier to find and, therefore, harder to lose.

ETA: Darn! Now I want both!

RPadTV

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Planet Awesome
www.rpad.tv
Could you post a link confirming the threading change?

My contact at Innokin confirmed this was true, for whatever that's worth.

I remember getting blasted about this being a "fallacy," but I'm pretty sure the guy I work with at Innokin wouldn't make things up. :)

Pendarus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2009
On the fringe of the Outer Rim
My contact at Innokin confirmed this was true, for whatever that's worth.

I remember getting blasted about this being a "fallacy," but I'm pretty sure the guy I work with at Innokin wouldn't make things up. :)

I got mine at Christmas and it has the EGO threads. I am using an EGO short cone for a clean look with my 510 atomizers.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
INNOKIN iTaste MVP Rubberised Black

This one looks like it has the ego thread on it not sure pic. is blurry?Yep if the date of the first review is correct it should be the new ego threaded.They also ruberized the outside coating??Wish i had the rubberized coating on mine.

Last edited:

Junglegeorge

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2011
Sweden
www.jgg.se
I sent them a question about it I´ll post the answer

Hi!
I am looking for the new version of the iTaste MVP with ego threading as shown here: http:/..................../wordpress/2013/01/04/look-who-got-a-new-connection/

When will you start to sell it, looks like the ones you got in the shop is the old type without ego threads. I use Kanger MT3 and would like to do that without adapter.

Best regards
Göran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread