Innokin iTaste MVP in the House

Status
Not open for further replies.

malcop

ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2011
Birmingham
Man this thing is working very well set at 4.7 it is putting out clouds of vapor using a 2.8 purple vivi on a black MVP.Those two colors together look awesome.I have been vaping away and shall way into the night.Why oh why did they not set it to 6 volts.RPAD,i have a question.You have had yours longer than i have,does the color around the button change as it drains????i have been steadily using mine for about 5 straight hours at 4.7 and the color is still green.
Hi it goes, Green, Amber, Red, when it gets to Amber you should think about getting it on a charge, you wont have long before it goes to red then dies.

For me it lasts about 3.5 days from a full charge, so now I tend to put it on charge overnight every 2 days, I know the batteries have a 300 full charge cycle.

That dose not mean each time you put it on charge, it means if you let it die each time then put it on charge.

I found these two links very useful information about the type of batteries in the MVP.

Link 1: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithium_polymer_battery

Link 2: http://kipre.wordpress.com/2009/03/20/4-myth-and-facts-about-lithium-ion-polymer-batteries/

I found Link 2 the most useful from an end user point of view.

Thanks

malcop

Last edited:

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
Hi it goes, Green, Amber, Red, when it gets to Amber you should think about getting it on a charge, you wont have long before it goes to red then dies.

For me it lasts about 3.5 days from a full charge, so now I tend to put it on charge overnight every 2 days, I know the batteries have a 300 full charge cycle.

That dose not mean each time you put it on charge, it means if you let it die each time then put it on charge.

I found these two links very useful information about the type of batteries in the MVP.

Link 1: Lithium polymer battery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Link 2: 4 Myth and Facts about Lithium-ion Polymer Batteries « Kazuki Presents~!

Link 2 I found must useful from an end user point of view.

Thanks

malcop

Thanks again.I went ahead and put it on the wall outlet(about 10 minutes ago) to charge i decided not to wait and go ahead and fully charge it.I have been going for 24 hours out of the box(stupidly thinking it came fully charged)of heavy vaping.I am trying to get my new Gun Metal DCT together and use on my lavatube for the duration.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
has anyone tried an ego style tank on these. one of the reviews I saw mentioned that an ego style tank did not fit, only the tanks that came with it. hoping they changed that on the final release. please try and comment please

Yes i responded to this last night after you posted,my Ego C atty bases do fit the threading on the MVP and i was vaping with my Ego C on the MVP for a while last with some fruity blackberry(very tasty too) and had no problems with it.

malcop

ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2011
Birmingham
Thanks again.I went ahead and put it on the wall outlet(about 10 minutes ago) to charge i decided not to wait and go ahead and fully charge it.I have been going for 24 hours out of the box(stupidly thinking it came fully charged)of heavy vaping.I am trying to get my new Gun Metal DCT together and use on my lavatube for the duration.
No Problem, Once I charged it from my laptop with no problem, the pass-through worked a treat, I have never used the cable that came with it, like a lot of people I have loads of mini USB cables laying around, plus they are at least twice as long as the cable that comes with the MVP.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach

RPadTV

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Planet Awesome
www.rpad.tv
Like the review. Just as i thought,the people that purchased this version are left out in the cold without an ohm reader, which will be on the next version.Why do these companies do that?????

Thanks for watching! Perhaps when the MVP was being designed, Innokin underestimated the demand for an ohm reader. Or it could be the old, "Keep 'em wanting more," tactic.

markophonic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2012
Michigan
I received mine yesterday...I've been using it with a Vision eGo/510 clearomizer V3 2.8 ohm...works like a dream. Much better than the included clearomizers. Works well with my tanks, carto's, RBA's...I couldn't be happier.

If they release a version that reads resistance I'll probably end up buying one. It would be a useful feature. The puff counter I could care less about.

Nice review RPAD.tv!

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
I received mine yesterday...I've been using it with a Vision eGo/510 clearomizer V3 2.8 ohm...works like a dream. Much better than the included clearomizers. Works well with my tanks, carto's, RBA's...I couldn't be happier.

If they release a version that reads resistance I'll probably end up buying one. It would be a useful feature. The puff counter I could care less about.

Nice review RPAD.tv!

They are going to be releasing a v2 of the MVP with ohm reader.Man i wish i had waited.I just can't see buying another one just to justify getting an ohm reader,my other VVPV has one already.If they made the MVP with ohm reader and say,...went to straight 6 volts,yea i probably would.The original clearo's that come with the MVP are a little underperforming,i found you have to do the tilt with them as the juice gets below the cap holding the wicks in place.The first night using it i get a rather harsh burnt taste when juice level fell.

EDIT: Sorry for the edit but i had to get this off my chest in a little rant.I absolutely hate it when retailers make a device (MVP) and make without the full features the stick version had (namely the ohm reader) then,decide to come out with V2,and add the feature/features.How does a company actually justify that???I see no reason behind it other than,to drain more money from the users.Sorry about this just had to get it out.

Last edited:

markophonic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2012
Michigan
EDIT: Sorry for the edit but i had to get this off my chest in a little rant.I absolutely hate it when retailers make a device (MVP) and make without the full features the stick version had (namely the ohm reader) then,decide to come out with V2,and add the feature/features.How does a company actually justify that???I see no reason behind it other than,to drain more money from the users.Sorry about this just had to get it out.

I agree!

I already bought a Zmax V1 AND a Zmax V2 AND I'm in a coop to get a Zmax knockoff with an Oled screen...

RPadTV

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Planet Awesome
www.rpad.tv

I don't think Innokin is being as nefarious as you're implying. Remember, it sells these products globally and perhaps its market research showed that customers like the puff counter and didn't care about an ohm meter. The MVP is still a great product for the price. The good news is that Innokin appears to be listening to feedback.

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
I am just venting nothing major towards innokin.I just hate seeing something in the process,or talked about,being updated right after i have purchased.That's all,i know they are a company making money and profit,its like i said,just a rant getting it off my chest.

There is no update! Please go and read the statement released by Innokin regarding this malicious rumor. I have posted the link several times already :(.

RPadTV

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Planet Awesome
www.rpad.tv
There is no update! Please go and read the statement released by Innokin regarding this malicious rumor. I have posted the link several times already :(.

Yes, but you're talking about different issue. There's nothing malicious going on. The initial "rumor" was because of the product's slight delay. What people are talking about now is the threading changing and possible additions to different MVP models.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread