Status
Not open for further replies.

skyztheLynnit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
Todd’s review title also does not mention VW so I missed that one as well. I love his reviews, particularly when Todd gets so obviously tickled because he likes something. It's great fun watching him use a couple of his rebuildables with the iTaste.

So far, from the reviews, it looks like the new VW iTaste has a bright future.
He is absolutely adorable.. it seems like he's so pleasantly surprised.. great vid. :toast:

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
vaporbeast just got the full kits in. Chameleon or Silver, $69.99 free shipping.

The full kits include the 5 iclear16s, the itaste battery/body, instruction book, usb adapter, and the AC wall adapter like in the Vapor Chase review.

http://www.vaporbeast.com/product-p/sk66.htm

I’m always comfortable referring people to Vapor Beast because of their exceptional customer service that includes phone support if someone gets in a pickle not easily solved via email. Thanks for the link to the full iTaste kit.

The full kit would be an excellent choice for a starter kit. However, I wish Innokin would step it up and start providing their iClears in something that could handle juices that crack plastic. New vapers, in particular, don’t need the hassle of dealing with tank cracking problems.

I ordered one and received it Saturday (6/15). My first VV/VW. I really like it. Now I just have to learn how to tell what my sweet spot is. I'm using a Kanger EVOD at 8.0 - 9.0 Watts. I wrapped my coils for a LR, shooting for about 1.8 ohms, but this is telling me I've got about 2.4 ohms. I never measured my coils with a meter, but if it's accurate, I can probably go from 5 coils windings to 4 coils windings.

I would be curious to hear if you find any difference between using low resistance on a VW device compared to standard or high resistance. I haven’t found that to be the case but, truthfully, I haven’t done anything but a cursory check. I get great results using my SR HH.357 or Cisco spec atties in my AMP Tanks from everything between 5.5 and 10 watts and haven’t noticed any appreciable difference with my rebuildables either.

shannannagans

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2013
Alabama USA
Funny you should mention that - I was wondering what the chameleon was like, it appeals to me. I've always been wondering if we'd get a vw pv with an ego twist sort of size. This look likes it doesn't it.

I have a VV2.0 in Chameleon. It's just a sparkly black. In different lights, it looks different colors. Sometimes it's blue, green, red, or purple. I love the battery. It's got a nice clearcoat on it, so it doesn't scratch or smudge easily. It's also not a real fingerprint magnet. Again, this is the 2.0, but I have a feeling the 3.0 will be the same.

shannannagans

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2013
Alabama USA
Does the v3 have the same micro usb charging port as the MVP? I want an MVP, but my back up twist just broke.

It's not a micro USB, it looks a little like a headphone jack that goes into it. It's just a small round pin. BUT BE CAREFUL because they break really easily, so charge with care, and if you're vaping it as a passthrough, don't knock it around too much. Granted, I've had no problems with mine, but someone warned me about it, so I warn others about it!

shannannagans

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2013
Alabama USA
Yes, Version 3 has a MICRO USB charging port.

I repeat: Version 3 of the itaste VV HAS A MICRO USB CHARGING PORT, just like the MVP. It's one of the new features for Version 3.

I stand corrected! Sorry :( Looking at the pictures, it looked just like the 2.0 that I have. If I didn't want a 3.0 bad before, I do now. I don't like the pin charger.

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
It's not a micro USB, it looks a little like a headphone jack that goes into it. It's just a small round pin. BUT BE CAREFUL because they break really easily, so charge with care, and if you're vaping it as a passthrough, don't knock it around too much. Granted, I've had no problems with mine, but someone warned me about it, so I warn others about it!

About 5 minutes into the Vapor Chase review posted upthread you can see comparisons between the previous iTaste and the new VW one. At about 6:15 Eric talks specifically about the differences in the charging port. The current version uses a standard micro USB port and both the kit and battery only versions of the new VW version include a charging cable.

shannannagans

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2013
Alabama USA
About 5 minutes into the Vapor Chase review posted upthread you can see comparisons between the previous iTaste and the new VW one. At about 6:15 Eric talks specifically about the differences in the charging port. The current version uses a standard micro USB port and both the kit and battery only versions of the new VW version include a charging cable.

Be right back, gotta murder my wallet. ;)

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
I'm wanting to upgrade, hoping the charging ports are the same with the v3 to the MPV in order to get the body only version MVP. I don't want the dual coils and would rather not spend the extra money.

Yes, it's a standard micro usb port, like the MVP and many cell phones. The single kit only comes with the itaste itself and the retractable usb to micro usb cord.

All of the Youtube video reviews have all been awestruck and exceptional. The only bad thing anyone says is that it's only an 800 mAh battery, but then again, it's a passthru. Most of us are just excited because it means Version 3 of the MVP is just around the corner :)

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
I'm wanting to upgrade, hoping the charging ports are the same with the v3 to the MPV in order to get the body only version MVP. I don't want the dual coils and would rather not spend the extra money.
The charging port is just a standard USB micro.

There are other vendors I don’t recognize that carry the new VW iTaste but these are the only two I know. They are both very reliable.
Innokin itaste V3 Express Kit - Stormy’s Vapor Cellar (site is currently slow as molasses for me)
Innokin iTaste VV Version 3 - nHaler (description uses Innokin’s VV only name but it’s the VW version)

If someone else has links for known reliable vendors with any better prices please share.

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
Todd’s review title also does not mention VW so I missed that one as well. I love his reviews, particularly when Todd gets so obviously tickled because he likes something. It's great fun watching him use a couple of his rebuildables with the iTaste.

So far, from the reviews, it looks like the new VW iTaste has a bright future.

I LOVE this guy! I watched some of his videos ages ago, but forgot about him. Thanks for reminding me :p.
He is absolutely adorable.. it seems like he's so pleasantly surprised.. great vid. :toast:
He reminds me of one of my all time favorite actors. Just a much younger and slimmer version lol. Scottish born Robbie Coltrane who is best know for his role as Dr Fitz in the TV series Cracker and of course Hagrid in Harry Potter.

Innokin has some awesome products! I have rhe original iTaste, the U-Can and rhe MVP and haven't been disappointed. I want it!!

I also want the new box mod that is coming soon!

seat8g.jpg

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
He reminds me of one of my all time favorite actors. Just a much younger and slimmer version lol. Scottish born Robbie Coltrane who is best know for his role as Dr Fitz in the TV series Cracker and of course Hagrid in Harry Potter.

I used to love watching Cracker. Sorry... off topic.

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
The charging port is just a standard USB micro.

There are other vendors I don’t recognize that carry the new VW iTaste but these are the only two I know. They are both very reliable.
Innokin itaste V3 Express Kit - Stormy’s Vapor Cellar (site is currently slow as molasses for me)
Innokin iTaste VV Version 3 - nHaler (description uses Innokin’s VV only name but it’s the VW version)

If someone else has links for known reliable vendors with any better prices please share.

iTaste VV 3.0 - Variable Wattage Device - Black | iTaste MVP | Starter Kits | iVAPE

No scroll down menu, each color has it's own entry for ordering -- all the same amazing price! $34.99 currently.

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
Last edited:

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Lol! I LOVED Cracker. So dark....

By the way, what do you think of the BoxMod?

Looks good. I'm wondering what sort of attachments will look good/sit right on it. I use the 3.5 ml metal vivis a lot. I like the stealth factor of having the attachment sit down in a cavity - just wondering how other things will fit. Also - is it replaceable or built in battery?
What I'd really like is a vw bottom feeding box mod.

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
It's a replaceable battery. Not certain as far as attachments with that framing -- it seems made for the iclear 30. Also, wondering about that knob on the top. It doesn't look like a firing button, but more like an adjustment switch...

But it's only the prototype. It might change.

the 134 "machine gun" barrel device looks interesting as well.

But I'd just be as happy as a pig in sh** if the new MVP was released first :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread