Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Once again I say hello and welcome to today's review of Innokins latest Pod System called the Klypse. This is a extremely easy and simple device that is perfect for a new vaper that has just quit smoking or anyone that will be out and about for 4-5 hours. Lets get started.

Klypse-Pod-Kit-12.jpg

COLOR CHOICES

IKPSK20220514_2048x.jpg

IN THE BOX

* 1pc innokin Klypse device
    * 1pc Innokin Klypse Pod (0.8ohm Mesh Coil)
    * 1pc Type-C USB Cable
    * 1pc User Manual
    * 1pc Warning/Safety Booklet

20220512_140303.jpg

PARAMETERS AND SPECIFICATIONS

* Size: 94mm * 29mm * 15.2mm

* Construction: Aluminum Alloy

* Pod Material: PCTG

* Pod Dimensions: 35mm * 11.2mm * 25mm

* Charging: Type-C USB 5V/1A

* Output Wattage: 16W Max

* E-liquid Capacity: 2.0ml Pod

* Pods: Refillable, Non-replaceable 0.8 ohm Coil

* Coil Material: Kanthal A1 Mesh

* Filling Method: Side Fill Port

* Resistance Range: 0.8ohm

* Battery Specification: Internal 700mAh

* Output Current: 5.0 Amps Max

* Display: Concealed White LED

* Airflow: Fixed 2X Side Holes

* Firing: Draw Activation Only

* Cut-Off: 10 Seconds

FEATURES

* MTL Experience

* 2ml Pod Cartridge

* Integrated 0.8ohm Coil

* Side Filling Design

* No Adjustable Airflow

* 700mAh Built-in Battery

* Max 16W Output

* Concealed LED Light

* Onboard Chipset

* Aluminum Alloy Material

* Removable Top Dust Cap

LIGHTWEIGHT AND COMPACT

Klypse-Pod-Kit-15.jpg

700 MAH INTERNAL BATTERY

Klypse-Pod-Kit-17.jpg

TYPE-C CHARGING

Klypse-Pod-Kit-18.jpg

GREAT STARTER KIT

Klypse-Pod-Kit-13.jpg

MAGNETIC MOUTHPIECE DUST CAP

Klypse-Pod-Kit-14.jpg

MESH COIL INSIDE THE POD ( 0.8Ω )

Klypse-Pod-Kit-16.jpg

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

The fist thing that stood out to me was the paint finish, to me it's somewhat metallic and is not a fingerprint magnet, when I picked these 2 devices up they felt extremely light which being a Aluminum alloy they should be but it's a definite shirt pocket device.

There is a dust cap that covers the mouthpiece when in a pocket or handbag preventing lint or some other debris from entering through the mouthpiece hole, this idea has been done before but you always had a cap that you have to carry after removing from the mouthpiece and would usually end up getting lost.

Innokin solved that problem by making the top of the dust cap magnetic to attach to the bottom of the device when your vaping ( no more lost cap ). The magnets are very strong and hold very well without any movement or being offset, with the dust cap on the mouthpiece it's so seamless of a look as well as being connected to the bottom with the thin black base showing through.

20220512_141920.jpg

20220512_142007.jpg

The sleek Klypse is perfect for running small errands, getting about 4-5 hours on 1 charge.
    Charge time is about 1 hour for the 700mAh internal battery that has a output of16 watts.
    I suggest that you charge your device before using for the first time, the device charges at 1A and when charging or vaping a hidden White LED is illuminated from under the Black strip that has the Innokin name on it. The device can be stood upright with the cap secured to the base for charging. I wanted to show you just how compact the Klypse is without it's dust cap attached to the device or mouthpiece.

20220514_094135.jpg

20220514_101213.jpg

Even though the Klypse is auto-draw only having no buttons or controls firing the device
    Innokin ships the Klypse with a paper sticker with the word REMOVE covering the coil contacts to prevent any accidental firing and must be removed before using for the first time.

20220514_102301.jpg

The Klypse outputs 16 watts of power to it's 0.8Ω coil, there are no airflow adjustments that can be made and it's a loose MTL draw. There are 2 airflow inlet holes, 1 on each side of the device. I tried closing 1 airflow inlet hole thinking it would tighten the draw which it did not do, even with both holes blocked I could still vape the Klypse, For me the airflow is very close to where I like a MTL airflow to be.

20220512_142446.jpg

I am so glad that Innokin decided to use very lightly tinted almost clear Pod making juice viewing a easy task, this Pod has a side fill port covered with a rubber plug that shows the direction for opening with a arrow. The fill port is a large one that allows any bottle tip to be used even a glass dripper. I like that you can rotate the rubber fill plug out of the way when filling with juice, there is also a minimum fill line on the Pod but when it's inserted into the device it can't be seen so just refill the Pod when juice can't be seen to be on the safe side.

20220514_100718 (1).jpg

20220514_091442.jpg

In the time I've had the Klypse for testing it has never leaked and remained dry, I'm glad that Innokin has continued to make the fill port on their Pods large for a easy no mess fill up that accepts any size bottle tip.

This is a new mesh coil from Innokin that takes about 1 pod of juice to break in before the flavor of your juice comes through fully. The 16w output of power works well with this 0.8Ω coil inside the Pod giving a nice warm medium throat hit on the 12mg juice I used on both device. The flavor is good on this new 0.8Ω mesh Coil.

Auto-draw works great and even though I'm a button lover I'm beginning to really like a auto-draw feature when done well which every Innokin device that offers it I've tried does.

Your vape time may vary but I got about 4-5 hours ( 3-4 refills ) of using only the Klypse before the 700mAh internal battery quits and it quits very abruptly when power is below 10%, the LED will flash 10 times letting you know your vape time is about up and power output shows it with a very weak vape, I wish the Flashing of the LED would happen at 30% instead of 10% giving more of a warning.

The paint finish is so well done with a vibrant almost metallic look having very deep color on the 2 that were sent to me. My pictures don't really show how well the paint finish is.

The dust cap is something that has been done before but usually with no place to put it once it's removed and it usually ends up getting lost. Innokins use of connecting it to the bottom of the Klypse using strong magnets that not only hold well but stay in place perfectly with no shifting or becoming misaligned from the device that would ruin the appearance.

20220514_070525.jpg

PROS

* Dust Cap

* Attractive

* Lightweight

* Paint Finish

* Good Flavor

* Very Compact

* Great Auto-Draw Function

* Very Lightly Tinted 2ml Pod

* Comfortable Mouthpiece

* Feels Solidly Built

* Simple And Easy To Use

CONS

* Only Ships With 1 Pod

* Low Battery LED Should Flash At 30% Not 10%

I would like to thank Anna and Innokin for providing both Klypse devices for the purpose of this review, this is a nice compact and lightweight device that works great for running errands that take about 4 hours with it's flawless performance. I hope that all your questions were answered in my review.

THANK YOU
    BIGBOB2322

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread