Innokin Kroma 217 Z Force Kit -Review by Javichu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Javichu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2020
Spain
Salutations from semi sunny Spain my fellow vaperinos.

Time for another review from yours truly,this time i will review the innokin Kroma 217 Z Force Kit which was sent by my friends over at sourcemore for the purposes of this review.

As per my usual MO i will start with some pictures for all those folks like to start with a visual of the kit i am reviewing today:

5 colors to choose from:

colors.jpg

Specs:

specs.JPG

Leak proof tank:

leak proof.JPG

Easy top fill:

top fill.JPG

New Duoprime wickin:

Duo Prime.jpg

Contents in the box:

-Kroma 217 Mod
-Z Force Tank (0.2ohm ZF coil pre installed)
-0.3ohm ZF coil
-Spare O rings
-Type C USB charging cable
-Quick start card
-Instruction manual
-Warning booklet

Mod:

-Construction: Zinc Alloy
-Dimensions: 86mm (H) x 45mm (W) x 30mm (D)
-Weight: 145 grams (excluding battery)
-Charging: Type-C USB 5V/1.7A
-Resistance Range: 0.1 – 3.5 ohms
-Output Wattage: 6W-80W with an 18650 battery
-Output Wattage: 6W-100W with a 20700/21700 battery
-Input Voltage: 3.3-4.2V
-Output Voltage: 0.7V – 8.4V
-Output Current: 28.5A (18650) and 32A (2*700)
-Output Mode: Variable Wattage, Variable Voltage, Coil+, Refresh
-Battery Specification: Single 18650/20700/21700 external battery
-Chipset: 4th Gen Technology
-Display: OLED Color. Size not stated, measured as 0.96 inch
-Tank compatibility: 28mm max
-Cut-Off Time: 3-18 seconds adjustable
-Coil+ and Refresh Technology

Z force tank:

-Construction: Stainless Steel/Pyrex Glass
-Dimensions: 46mm (L) x 24mm (D) excluding 510 thread
-Weight: 62.5 grams (including coil)
-E-Liquid Capacity: 5ml Bubble Glass (2ml Straight Glass TPD version)
-Coils: DuoPrime ZF Push Fit 0.2ohm and 0.3ohm
-Filling Method: Slide to open Top Fill
-Drip Tip: 810 Color Matched Resin
-Thread: 510 Connector
-Airflow: Bottom Dual Slot Variable
-Spring loaded Leak Proof Coil Change

Unboxing and first impressions:

With their latest releases Innokin is trying to do their part to help the enviroment and they have been packaging their products in 100% recyclable environmentally sustainable packaging.

This is a good sign that a company actually cares about the world we live in,kudos on that.

As per usual nothing out of place with the packaging for this kit.
Open the box and right there you can see the mod and tank in the top tray,remove those and you will find the rest of the contents on the package neatly organized.

I gotta say one of the main reasons i am reviewing this kit is because of @AngeNZ ,she posts so many pictures of hers i think that may have seeped into my subconscious and that is why i put it in my wishlist of products for review purposes.

The Kroma 217 mod is made out of high grade zinc alloy with the option of 3 different frame color finishe,material of the mod is what keeps the weight down.

Holding it in my hand i get the sensation that a lot of time was put into the design of this mod.
I got the Mariana Blue and the blue isn't overpowering,still a lot of metal to look at and the color palette seems to be in all the right places.

Ergonomically speaking this mod fits like a glove in my big Spanish man hands,i shake the mod a bit and apart from a slight button rattle on the up and down buttons it feels sturdy and strong.

Vaping time:

Ok time to give this kit a try,as always i am using the same e-liquid i use in my daily vape.
70% VG/30% PG,Shiva Aroma at 3mg nic,that is my daily liquid so it seems fair so i can properly compare these coils with my other daily vaping apparatus.

As recommended i always prime the coils with a drop of e-liquid thru the side holes and a slight dab thru the middle.
I am happy this time i got a proper tank,as you all know i am not a fan of the looks or material used on pod like tanks,so this times it's cool to get a full metal tank.

Unscrew the base,plug in the coil and screw the base right on again,easy peasy with no hassle.

Filling type is similar to the Zlide,arrow marks the position where you start pushing from and once pushed back it reveals the filling ports,fill and slide back and you ready to go.

I let the coils sit in for 15 minutes while i was fiddling around with the mod and it's different features.

Full disclosure i am not a fan of battery door like for mods but this one is quite thick which makes it feel more durable than other mods.
Fresh 21700 inside and closed to the lid,at this point i got my test to run to check for the integrity of the battery door.
Place a mouse pad on my desk and i slide the mod along the pad as well as some light taps on the pad just to see what happens.
No red flags here,battery compartment didn't wiggle or open itself,it remained firmly shut during my test.

Basic operations:
Three clicks of the fire button to turn on and off.
Up and down to enter menu mode.
Up and fire gives a puff counter (with the option to reset) and the battery voltage.
Down and fire locks the adjustment buttons.
You have to hold the adjust button before adjusting.

This mod also incorporates the Coil + feature,same one that we saw in the Innokin Sensis.
''Innokin boasts that their new mode Coil+ can “automatically primes the coil at the end of each puff by drawing in more liquid and reducing carbon on the coil.''

Full disclosure i did try this for a bit but i am after all really simple vaper,battery in,fill tank and i just want to vape.
Haven't run the proper tests to see if like Innokin claims this feature does actually extend coil life,will leave that to the vapers who are more into the techy techy side of the vaping world.

Ok so the mod is in front of me,after 15 minutes or so i decide to get into it,i put on my favorite Enya song and look at the mod.
I am a bit aprehensive to try it out and let me explain why,i am not an MTL vaper and really haven't tried that many Innokin products since they always seemed to cater to the MTL crowd so i don't really know what to expect.

I started out with the pre installed 0.2ohm ZF,50-80W recommended wattage.
I like to start low then keep on going up by 5 watt increments,started at 30 watts and then kept on going up all the way to 70 when it just got way too hot for me.
After trying out different wattages i settled on 50 watts,still higher than my usual 30 to 33 watts on my usual attys.

Used this coil for 2 days straight then decided to try out the 0.3ohm(30-45W) which i finally left at 33 watts which was the sweet spot for me.

Gotta say Innokin really impressed me with these coils,i got slightly better flavor off the 0.2 ohm coils but to get that flavor i had to use more wattage on them.

I have been really busy lately so i kinda left my usual RTA on the side and just used these coils on a daily basis during this week.

As of today i have had no dry hits when vaping and no leaking whatsoever so kuddon Innokin for a job well done.

PROS:

-The mod fits nicely in my hand,ergonomically speaking it's like this mod was designed for me.
-Quality build
-No leaking
-Good performance from the ZF coils
-Bright and clear screen
-21700 battery option
-Easy menu to use

CONS:

-Minor + and - button rattle
-Not much space when you fill in the tank,depending on you bottle you might have to remove the drip tip.

Would i recommend this device:

Of course i would.
I mean you always gotta love a single battery mod that lets you use a 21700 battery in it.
The quality of the mod and the tank is really good and the performance of the new coils with DuoPrime makes for some good vaping sessions.

So if you are in the market for a kid that offers you good RDL/DL performance do not look any further,this is the kit for you.

As usual here you have a code in case you decide to acquire this product:

$39.19 - Innokin Kroma 217 Z Force Kit
Code: 217ZK

Thanks again to all my friends at Sourcemore for giving me the opportunity to review this kit.

Thanks for reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread