Innokin Kroma-A/Zenith Tank - New Colors - Platform Series

Ergo-compact, ultra fast, temp control, 2 amp charge - MTL & DTL excellence.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VapingintheGTA

ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2016
GTA
Hi @Innokin_Bohan,

l’m just confirming some information to a question I posted on the main contest page about charging and maintaining optimum battery life with the Kroma.

Question 1
My question is, do you need to let the Kroma battery drop to around 30% but not let it drop bellow 10-20% before charging?
Question 2
Do your charging recommendations also apply to my MVP4’s?
Question 3
If the Kroma is at 50% and you know that you are going out and would like a full battery, is there any harm in charging it when it still has 50% battery power left?
Thanks,
Vonnie
I vape therefore I am.

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
Hi @Innokin_Bohan,

l’m just confirming some information to a question I posted on the main contest page about charging and maintaining optimum battery life with the Kroma.

Question 1
My question is, do you need to let the Kroma battery drop to around 30% but not let it drop bellow 10-20% before charging?
Question 2
Do your charging recommendations also apply to my MVP4’s?
Question 3
If the Kroma is at 50% and you know that you are going out and would like a full battery, is there any harm in charging it when it still has 50% battery power left?
Thanks,
Vonnie
I vape therefore I am.
Hi. I’m not Bohan and I don’t work for Innokin but hopefully I can help answer some of your questions. Modern lithium-ion battery cells do not have the “memory” issues that plagued your granddad’s nickel-cadmium or nickel-metal-hydride cells. There is no problem topping them up early and in fact, it is better to do several more shallow charge-discharge cycles than fewer, deeper cycles through the same total energy. What they don't like is being charged to too high a voltage or discharged too low. Keep them above 2.7v (3.0+ is better) and make sure the recharge cuts off at 4.2 (or earlier. Even 4.1 is better for them, but they won’t last as long between charges that way.)

Go ahead and top off your batteries whenever it’s convenient, there’s no need to fully drain them first and doing so anyway isn’t doing them, or you, any favors.

VapingintheGTA

ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2016
GTA
Hi. I’m not Bohan and I don’t work for Innokin but hopefully I can help answer some of your questions. Modern lithium-ion battery cells do not have the “memory” issues that plagued your granddad’s nickel-cadmium or nickel-metal-hydride cells. There is no problem topping them up early and in fact, it is better to do several more shallow charge-discharge cycles than fewer, deeper cycles through the same total energy. What they don't like is being charged to too high a voltage or discharged too low. Keep them above 2.7v (3.0+ is better) and make sure the recharge cuts off at 4.2 (or earlier. Even 4.1 is better for them, but they won’t last as long between charges that way.)

Go ahead and top off your batteries whenever it’s convenient, there’s no need to fully drain them first and doing so anyway isn’t doing them, or you, any favors.

Thank you so very much bwh, for taking the time to post such a concise reply to my question. I wish we had the option to pick multiple icons when rating some posts. Your post is one, much appreciated!!!
TYVM,
Vonnie
Irony at its best... the more I learn is when I realize just how much I really don’t know:)

Reactions: bwh79

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
I bought a red kit. Love it. I ended up using a black Zenith on it though (and stashed the red one).

Easy to operate, feels nice in my medium sized male hand and doesn't feel overly weighty in a shirt pocket. Instant vape every time.

I like the 1/2 watt incriments for zooming from say 14 to 40. I also like the 3x clicks for on/off.

Good battery life and the Zenith is a juice sipper doing the MTL method. It's a nice setup for a novice like me, that I can see still using for quite a while.

Thank you Innokin for putting together this fine kit for us newbs, yet advanced enough for experts to enjoy as well.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
If you cook your juice at 30+ watts the box with a replaceable battery may be a better choice. I say "may" because I keep mine between 9-14 watts and use a 1.6 ohm coil. But I get like a week between full charge and 50% The Zenith tank is a low watt type so even their 0.5 ohm coil pack is meant for lower settings. Like 20 or less.

It seems to be a mouth to lung oriented set up. So being you would likely find the restricted airflow too tight, check out their Kroma/Crios kit. That is a cloud beast.

Reactions: stols001

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
IMG_20180907_142038.jpg

White one using a black tank and old school acrylic tip.

I like the supplied taper tip, where others might prefer the straight side tip. For lefty's they may prefer the screen rotated opposite from factory.

After about a month of using a Kroma-A:
It works well pushing the button from the front with a forefinger, pehaps on the rear with a thumb or pulling in into the hand and using the web between pointer finger and thumb.

The 0.5 watt graduations make going up or down a breeze. Can you really tell the diff between 12.5 and 12.6 watts? I can't.

I like the auto lock settings where you hold plus or minus briefly to unlock it. And the 3 clicks for on/off is something I wish more would do. When I remove the tank with it on or off it knows. And it asks you to confirm by clicking the fire button or deny by pushing the plus or minus button to change to another 'type' of metal.

My one and only qualm is the spring loaded contact pin on the body. It is nice and stiff but.... by being such it requires a bit of force pushed on it when twisting a tank onto the body. Great until "oops" your first twist was a cross thread. Now being fine thread it isn't that hard to cross thread it. Perhaps the spring not pushing the contact so far out, it could allow a rotation of the tank pin before making contact. After a full rotation it's pretty likely you are not cross threading.

I find it very pocket friendly. The Zenith tank is a well balanced addition. Not top heavy. But in the case of drop, there is a 50/50 chance the Zenith would land first. Perhaps a bit of weight added to the bottom area would increase the liklihood the more durable body would land first.

Ever wonder why a penny is usually laying face down? It's a 50/50 shot, right? The head side is heavier than the tail side. Not much, but enough to land tails up more often. So perhaps a dozen grams or so added to the bottom of the body could be a benefit without really making it feel heavy.

I like using it forefinger on the fire button. But I'm right handed. A lefty may not find the screen on one side to their liking. But a device with screen on the same side as the fire button won't be seen by righty or lefty using a fore finger to fire it. I like the location of the screen being on the side. It allows the plus/minus buttons to be above each other like a much larger device while still allowing a good sized screen.

Now I'm not all technical-like in my vaping. Just the basics are fine. A reliable, predictable fire from sleep or not is provided by the Kroma-A. But there may be loads of features I'm either not aware of or don't use. Perhaps someone else can expand on those virtues. To this user the Kroma-A is a great starter kit. But after exploring lots of other device styles I keep finding myself using the Kroma most often.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread