Status
Not open for further replies.

SP013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Hello there,

Today I have the innokin kroma-r zlide kit review for you. Thank you @Innokin_timmy @Innokin_Joseph @Innokin_Paul for sending me this kit for the purpose of this review.

Like I often like to do, let’s start with some specifications and parameters for this kit, I’ve taken this from the innokin official website.

What came in the box:

- 1x Kroma-R Mod
- 1x Zlide 2ml tank (preinstalled 1.2ohm coil)
- 1x additional 0.8ohm coil
- 1x Spare glass tube
- 1x Spare drip-tip
- 1x O-ring set
- 1x Micro USB Charging cable
- 1x Quick start-guide
- Warning booklet

What a lovely packaging to start with! Reminds me of Apple, well organized and very pleasant to open, gives it straight out of the box a premium feel.

Kroma-R is a beauty of a mod, probably the most beautiful I have had in my hands so far. Gunmetal just totally fits this device and its materials. The shape of the device is well designed, and it holds really well, super ergonomically. Feels a bit like a bicycle handle it just perfectly fits the shape of my hand. The materials of the body feel high quality, Zinc alloy feels and looks premium. The silicon part gives it a proper grip. Due to those metal materials the mod is quite heavy for a single battery mode.

The battery door is easy to open and it locks into place well, it did not open on its own which happens on some mods with a slide system.

It is comfortable for both index finger and thumb firing. Something I need to get used to is the fact the top part of the screen cover is the fire button, not sure if I like that much. Control buttons are clicky and responsive.

Good thing is that you can screw up to 26mm tanks without any overhang. Also, it fires up all the way to 80w, so a DTL tank also would work well.

It functions overall very well. It fires up quickly and with the different modes (soft, normal, hard) you can slightly adjust the intensity of that ramp up. Very nice is that the device turns on and off with 3 clicks instead of 5.

The menu (hold up and down at once) is user friendly and there is not much complexity in the titles in the menu. One thing I dislike is that when you want to adjust the wattage you need to hold the fire button first for 1 second, even when the device is not locked. Also, the fact the wattage increments are 0.5 (up to 30) is not ideal especially with MTL as 13.2 watts differs from 13.5 for some MTLers.

Another useful function is the cutoff function, it allows the user to decide how many seconds is the duration of each vape. Can come in handy when you try to limit or as an additional safety feature to not accidently burn your coils.

Haven't used it in voltage mode, but that the function is on there can be regarded as pro, I know some people like to use it in voltage mode.

Now to the Zlide, a tank I own already since it released and has been on top of any of my mods for the last 6 months. It simply is a very good MTL tank with drop in coils, my favorite.

Very easy to take fully apart and to replace coils. Unfortunately, you cannot replace coils with a full tank like on the zenith, but with its 2ml its not a big deal.

There is coil options (pro), it has 6 coils that are compatible, but to me the oldest one, the 1.6ohm is the best MTL coil I have tried. All coils from Innokin last long (3-4 weeks) and deliver good flavor. I’ve tried the Plex3D, 0.8 ohm, 1.2 ohm and 1.6ohm coil. The Plex3D is the best for flavor and warmer vape, but in my opinion the 1.6ohm coil is the best MTL coil there is.

One thing about Innokin coils, as mentioned they are good, but they are also quite cheap in general.

Airflow is great, with its 4 tiny intakes it can be used as tight or loose MTL, I personally like it with just one open, great tight MTL hit.

Childproof feature of the drip tip is a nice addition, even for people without children as it blocks the fill port from opening on it own. The drip tips provided are proper MTL driptips.

Fill port is large enough for most bottles and filling is no messy experience. The capacity of the tank in this kit is 2ml, but the zlide is now also available as 4ml if 2 is not enough. For me 2ml is fine for a MTL tank.

If there is any downside to mention on the zlide is replacing the fill port, you need to have a good screwdriver to get those small screws out, but on the other hand not many tanks have the possibility to replace fill port rubbers.

Let’s do a quick pro and con summarization on this kit based on my opinion:

Pro’s:

- Premium build, feel and look
- Changeable 18650 battery
- Fires up quickly
- Ease of use, user-friendly menu
- Nice and bright screen
- Fits very nicely in the hand
- Voltage mode available
- Additional functions such as curve, modes (soft, hard, medium) bypass and cutoff
- 3x on/off instead of 5x
- Proper battery door
- A true MTL tank which deliver good flavor
- Coil options (6 Z-coils)
- Longevity of the coils
- Ability to take apart and replace glass
- Child-safety feature build-in the drip-tip
- Packaging, just outstanding
- Takes up to 26mm tanks without overhang

Cons:

- Mod is on the heavy side
- Fire button build into screen (probably a personal con, probably lots of people like it)
- 0.5-watt increments, should be 0.1
- To change watt first need to hold fire button for 1 second

Conclusion:

A fantastic kit for MTL-vapers, for those that prefer to have built-in batteries the Kroma Zenith kit is a very good alternative, but this one with its 18650 battery is perfect for me.

The most premium mod I’ve had in my hands, easy to use and has some nice additional features.

Any MTL vaper cannot go wrong with the zlide, its been my favorite drop-in coil tank since 6 months and probably will be for the next 6 months, unless the Zenith Pro (for which I am preparing a review) is better.

For about 60 dollars you can have this kit, which in my opinion is a good price.

If you have any questions about this kit, please ask, will try to answer.

Thanks again!

SP013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread