Status
Not open for further replies.

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    innokin Kroma R zlide Kit sent by sourcemore for the review.

The Innokin Kroma R 80W Starter Kit is the latest addition to the Innokin Kroma series and the first to use an 18650 battery.

The Kroma R Kit has a compact and elegant design is made with high quality materials, and characterized by an ergonomic design with a rough grip, it fits perfectly in the hand.
    The power button is large, extremely clickable and integrated with the bright OLED screen.

The OLED display shows the vape data it includes; the battery charge, the working voltage, the ohm of the resistance, the count of the Puff, the voltage output and the block of the wattage.

The Kroma R adopts the brand new Innokin chipset which allows an ultra-fast reaction of 0.003s, with a single 18650 cell it reaches a maximum output power of 80 W.

You can choose various modes: VW, VV, Taste mode (Soft, Norm, Boost), Custom curve, Bypass

The Innokin Zlide atomizer is part of the Platform product line that Phil Busardo and Dimitris Agrafiotis have designed for Innokin.

The zlide can contain up to 4ml of liquid, it is supplied with a 1.2Ω MTL coil and a 0.8Ω DTL restricted coil.

The Zlide atomizer is compatible with all Z-Line Coils.

Enjoy the reading

On the front of the packaging of this kit we find only the image of the device.

On the back are listed the warnings, the content, the scratch and check, the manufacturer's site, the place of origin, logos, registered trademarks and barcode.

The name of the mod, that of the atomizer are shown on the side and the color is indicated in the form of a colored sticker.

To open the package there is a convenient handle.

1.jpg

The material inside the kit is elegantly divided; on the left there are the accessories and on the right the kit consisting of the Mod and the atomizer.

2.jpg

Packaging list:
    1 Innokin Kroma-R Mod
    1 Zlide Tank
    1 Resistance 1.2Ω 10-14W
    1 Resistance 0.8Ω 15-18W
    1 Micro USB cable
    1 User manual
    1 Warranty card

3.jpg

Innokin Kroma R Box Features:
    Material: zinc alloy
    Dimensions: 131x40x26mm
    Single 18650 battery power supply (sold separately)
    Output power range: 6-80 W.
    Delivery speed: ultra fast 0.003S
    Work mode: VW, VV, Taste mode (Soft, Norm, Boost), various preimposted curve, Bypass
    Operating voltage: 1.0-7.5 V.
    Stop Puff time: 3-18S
    Maximum output current: 30A
    Resistance range: 0.05-3.5ohm
    Large OLED display
    Micro Usb socket for charging
    Charging current: 5V / 2 A.
    Overheating protection
    Over discharge protection
    Short circuit protection

4.jpg

5.jpg

Colors:
    Bronze, gun metal, stainless steel, black.

6.jpg

How Kroma R is made:

The front area is entirely covered by the Fire button which incorporates the screen, the Up / Down buttons and the USB socket for charging.

The rear is quite indefinable: it is rubbery in appearance, but it is hard and rough, as a consistency it is more similar to plastic, it offers good hand grip and is well integrated with the profile of the mod.

7.jpg

The side panels are in zinc alloy with and ergonomic grooves, pleasant to the touch.
    On one side there is the inscription Kroma R, on the other side we find the name of the brand engraved.

8.jpg

The upper and lower parts of the Mod are very massive and heavy, I assume they are made of steel, their balanced weight gives a sense of balance by holding the device.

The cup has a spring loaded gold-plated pin and the thread is sliding.

In the lower part, the opening direction to access the battery compartment is clearly indicated with an arrow on the sprung cover, the logo for disposal and the C E mark are flanked on the side. The positive pole is marked inside the battery compartment on the bottom, once the cell has been inserted, closing is done by simply pressing the cover.

9.jpg

10.jpg

Reactions: Mordacai

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Zlide Tank 4ml:
    Innokin Zlide Atomizer Features:
    Dimensions: 45.9x22.7 mm
    Capacity: 4ml
    Child-resistant top side-scrolling filling
    1 Resistor 1.2Ω 10-14W included in the kit
    1 Resistance 0.8Ω 15-18W included in the kit
    Compatible with the whole Z-Coil line

A cross-section of the Zlide tank and the six pieces that substantially compose it, all easily assembled / disassembled for effective cleaning.

11.jpg

To top up the liquid, first lift the drip / tip which acts as a safety lock for the Top-cap, then slide the Top-cap by pressing on the two reference arrows.

12.jpg

13.jpg

The air adjustment ring nut can be completely dismantled and highlights four small air-flow holes that are purely MTL settings.

14.jpg

The bottom of the atom is drilled in the center, the end of the coil acts as a contact pin.
    By unscrewing the bottom, the coil can be replaced (with the tank empty) with the push and pull method.

15.jpg

16.jpg

The image below shows the two coils included in the kit and the full compatibility of the all coils suitable for both the Zenith and the Zlide.

17.jpg

How Kroma R works:
    All the most important information useful for vaping is visible on the color OLED screen.
    - Three click on the fire button to turn the mod on / off.
    - To access the menu, press the Up / Down buttons together
    - Click together Up / fire to enter the Puff menu, select "clear" and clic on fire to reset the count, select Back and clic on fire button to exit.
    -T o lock / unlock the wattage press Down / Fire together.

Menu:
    Wattage:
    With this mode you can adjust the power with the Up / Down buttons from 6 to 80W, up to 20W you can adjust 0.5 watts at a time. From 20 to 80W the regulation is 1W at a time.

Watt Mode: Selecting this mode from the menu and clicking fire button you enter the sub menu (Soft-Norm-Hard-Back) with the Up / Down keys we make the choice and with Fire button we confirm, with Back we exit.

Voltage: with the Up / Down buttons you can adjust the Volts from 1V up to 7.50V with an increase / decrease of 0.05V at a time.

Volt Mode: Selecting this mode from the menu and clicking fire button you enter the sub-menu (Soft-Norm-Hard-Back) with the Up / Down keys we make the choice and with Fire button we confirm, with Back we exit.

Curve Mode: Selecting this mode from the menu and clicking fire button you enter the sub menu (Soft-Norm-Hard-Back) with the Up / Down keys we make the choice and with Fire button we confirm, with Back we exit.

Bypass: By selecting this mode from the menu and clicking fire button we can select Max Battery Outup yes or No

Cut-Off: By selecting this protection from the menu and clicking fire button we can select the maximum prolonged time of 1 single puff, from 3 to 18s (7s factory setting).

Screen: By selecting this mode from the menu and clicking fire we can adjust the screen timeout from 6s to 180s with the Up / Down keys.

Back: Select Back and pressing Fire button exits the menu.

18.jpg

Family pictures:

19.jpg

Conclusions:

The Kroma-R is an excellent mod to be used with MTL tanks, or sub-ohm regenerable single coil tanks of low or medium power, in fact the mod is also supplied in combination with the Tank Innokin Ajax.
    The Kroma R doesn't have temperature control, but there are other interesting features.
    The Kroma R is one of the best single 18650 mods I have ever had, I really liked the design, finishes, materials and ergonomics, it also seems robust.
    The kroma R also has good battery management and a very quick reaction to the Fire button.

Innokin Zlide tank works well, even if it is not equipped with a liquid block like Zenith.
    My favorite coil is 0.8Ω, in the past I found myself particularly well with these coils, even consuming 50-70ml of liquid with a coil before replacing it.
    0.8Ω Coil is particularly aromatic and I believe it is still one of the best MTL coils on the market.
    The 1.2Ω coil has played tricks on me in the past and therefore I haven't even tried it, putting it in the box.
    Coil 0.8Ω instead is a guarantee of reliability and Top performance, I was delighted to see it when I opened the package of this kit.

Ultimately it is a kit that I recommend buying on Sourcemore in combination with the Zlide 4ml and the 0.8Ω coils.
    If, on the other hand, you are a DTL lover, you can buy on Sourcemore the Kroma R in combination with the 5ml Ajax tank.

20.jpg

Pro:
    Excellent build quality
    The paint looks robust
    Excellent feeling of ergonomics
    Precise buttons
    Large, bright color screen
    The menu is easy to navigate
    Suitable for 25 mm atomizers without protrusion
    Excellent combination with Zlide
    The Zlide tank is one of the best MTL options on the market
    The 0.8Ω coil is one of the best MTL options on the market for durability and quality
    Great price

Tips:
    It is not the lightest 18650 mod around.
    Short life of the 1.2Ω coil

I thank Sourcemore for sending me this Sample: Innokin Kroma R Kit with MTL Zlide Tank single 18650 80W 4ml

Reactions: Mordacai
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread