Status
Not open for further replies.

SP013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Hi,

Today I have something for review that I am thrilled about, the new Kroma-Z kit by Innokin.

Reason for being thrilled is simply because I love the Kroma-R kit and now there is a pod-mod that is compatible with the Z-coil line.

Thank you @Innokin_timmy for sending me these kits, a 510-adapter and additional coils!

Specifications:

Packaging:

1x Kroma-Z Device
1x USB-C Cable
1x Battery Care Guide
1x Quick Start Guide
1x 0.8ohm MTL Coil (Pre-installed)
1x 0.3ohm RDL Coil
2x Additional Drip-tips
2x Precision airflow rings (1 pre-installed, MTL-ring additionally added)

As always beautiful packaging which really is a joy to open. The USB-C cable is also on the longer side than average vape-kits always a good thing. One very positive development in the packaging of Innokin, they do not anymore use any plastic in their packaging material! All little add-ons are bagged in paper bags, no more plastic wrap, instead paper stickers to keep the box together, keep that up Innokin!

Review:

It looks exactly like the Kroma-R, but just tinier. The material however is different, the body is made out of Magnesium Alloy which makes it very light. Love the simple looks of this device, and the black one with the Carbon fabric finish is stunning, the blue one as well, but I prefer black :)

It is a very comfortable lightweight pod-mod that just lays nice in the hand and is portable. Even tough I don’t have any major scratches yet, I think they will appear over-time like on the Kroma R, but the paint job is well done and feels nice.

Just like on the R, the fire-button is integrated in the top of the screen making it a very comfortable fire with either thumb or index finger. Also, it can be fired with the joint of the thumb, which I like most.

Turning on and off the device is achieved with 3 clicks. Once the device is on there is not very much you can do;
- Fire+up opens a window with puff counter, voltage and ohms, here you can also reset the counter.
- Fire+down locks and unlocks the device, it still allows you to fire while locked.
- Holding up and down brings you into a menu where you can adjust screen on-time (5 to 180s) and Cutoff time (3 to 18s).

What I am mainly missing is brightness adjustment. The screen is quite dim, would have been nice if it could be brighter.

To adjust wattage you need to hold up or down, once it starts blinking you can adjust wattage. For me it is a nice safety feature, but locking the device does kind of the same thing. Up to 20W it scrolls in 0.5W increments and above 20W and 1W increments. Wish that up to 20W it could scroll in 0.1W increments for more precise MTL tuning.

It comes packed with an impressive 3000mAh battery, making it even more impressive that it is such a light device. It charges fully in about 90 to 95 minutes, it sounds long, but you have to remember it takes time to charge a 3000mAh battery.
With the DTL 0.3ohm coil at 35W you get around 290 puffs and with the MTL 0.8ohm coil I get 565 puffs out of one charge. That is a lot of puffs for MTL, one charge enough for 2-3 days of vaping.

Woohoo it has airflow adjustment! And not just that! In the kit you get two airflow rings which you screw onto the base of the pod to fasten the coil. One airflow ring has 6 rather large openings for RDL vaping and one of them has just this one tiny hole which is meant fir MTL. This is so far the best pod-mod airflow wise, because both loose DTL and VERY tight MTL are possible. Love this airflow for MTL and it just fits the Z-Coil line perfectly, even with the outer airflow wide-open and the MTL ring attached it is already tight. Also, with the RDL ring you can get a tight MTL draw with the airflow closed. Airflow sounds smooth for the most part, just only with the DTL-ring it whistles when closing it down further than half.

Pods click well into place with a magnetic connection and it does not wiggle even a bit. The side fill port is a very nice one with a large fill hole. I like pods/pod-mods where I do not need to take out the pod to fill. Capacity wise more than enough with its 4.5ML.

510 drip-tip compatible and inside the kit you get 3 drip-tips. In my opinion two for MTL and one for DTL. Very nice to receive 3 drip-tips in the kit.

Coils press fit and can go in only one direction with its straight guiders on the pod. As said, you need to fasten the coil with the airflow ring as without airflow ring the device does not recognize the coil. You can replace a coil with the tank half full of you tilt the pod sideways while replacing.

I've gone through tons of Z-coils, mainly the MTL ones. One of my favorite MTL drop-in coils. Flavor wise they are not the best, but they perform very well and have an amazing longevity, have used some coils for over 5 weeks and they were still performing on an acceptable level. Flavor from the MTL coils is proper, but as said not the best. I actually think this device performs better than the Zlide (my favorite MTL drop-in coil), simply because of the extremely tight airflow capabilities on the Kroma Z pod.

The 0.3ohm coil is from my knowledge newly released with this device. It is a mesh coil intended for RDL. It provides a dense flavorful vape with medium vaper production. I really like this coil. One thing I noticed with this coil though is that when firing you get a very soft buzzing sound in the beginning. Also It is rated between 30-40W, but I have a feeling 40W is just a bit too much for this coil, because when chain vaping I tend to get dry hits from time to time, I like it most on 35W.

510-Adapter catches onto the device strongly with a magnetic connection. It is with a tank on top holding on strongly. You can put up to a 28mm tank on top without overhang, but I think it goes best with an MTL tank.

Conclusion:

For me simply the best pod-mod if its about MTL. Z-coils are as always reliable, and the airflow can be set to very tight which for me is one of the most important things for an MTL vape.

It feels proper, it works very well, and it looks just great, nothing to complain about this device to be honest. The 3000mAh battery is amazing and being able to get almost 600 puffs on an MTL coil before having to charge is impressive.

I like the way it vapes DTL, but for me this pod-mod is really all about MTL. DTL delivers very good flavor, but the whistling of airflow can be disturbing for some.

Only complaint I have is the screen brightness, could have been brighter and adjustable.

Improvement for next devices would be 0.1 increments for MTL (up to 20W).

Do you like the Z-coils, and do you like the Zenith or Zlide? Then this device is just perfect for you, I even enjoy vaping the Kroma Z more than the Zlide, and the Zlide has been my favorite for over a year now. Also, for smokers that are looking for a reliable, easy to use device with a long-lasting battery this is a good starter kit.

Thank you for taking you precious time to ready my review, let me know if you have any questions and I’d be happy to answer them

Have a good day, and take good care,

Sjoerd

Innokin_timmy

Brand Rep
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2018
Thank you for this detailed review as always! :thumb:
And glad to know you overall enjoy using it and thanks for the head up on the screen brightness and the wattage increment suggestion! We have got tons of good feedback from clients and customers so far. :wub:

The new Kroma-Z Pod Mod is fully compatible with the entire Z-Coil line, making it desirable for vapers who have come to love the Zenith, Zenith Pro, and Zlide tanks.
Pick up your favorite color today and enjoy a satisfying, flavorful, stylish vape with the all new Innokin Kroma-Z Pod Mod!

Features:
Millions of people worldwide have used and enjoyed Z-Coils
Compatible with the entire Z-Coil line
Intelligent identification of coil resistance and wattage
Wattage from 6-40 watts including the all new 0.3ohm 30-40W Z-Coil
Massive 3000mAh battery with a USB type-C cable
Sleek styling including the side firing bar with LCD screen
Adjust the airflow from a tight MTL draw to a loose RDL draw
Fill the pod with 4.5ml/2ml TPD of e-liquid without removing the pod

All the best and happy vaping ECF! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.