Innokin Proton 235W

Proton: Power, Quality, Performance. 6 - 235Watts. Big 1.45' Colour TFT Screen, SideFire Panel, Joystick Control, Intuitive U.I.,Dual 18650
Mod Style
  1. Box Mod
Status
Not open for further replies.

pvarck31

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2017
The Land
I also was a winner fron the contest, imho and without any bias it's my fav mod! I think back on past mods and have not experienced being as pleased with the functionality, ease of use, comfort to hold.... I too was a bit concerned about the joystick b4 it got here but mine is solid!

The only con I can think of is, it uses lots of bat power. I purchased 2 new bats front a large vape shop. I normally would not of gone to but it was the only one open. They said these would do the trick SAMSUNG 30Q 3000MAH 15A. When I got home they had very little charge so I gave them a good boost. I didn't remember buying bats drained like that b4 but it has been awhile since I needed any. I'll just add, the type of vaping I had been doing shouldn't have needed so much power.

@pvarck31 ur gonna loves it!

Vonnie
Sounds great. Wish I would have entered that contest.

I just checked the tracking and it will arrive Wednesday. I'm so excited. I'm watching every YouTube review on it I can find and every one of them says it's fantastic.

VapingintheGTA

ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2016
GTA
What wattage do you vape at? At 3000mAh capacity those batteries should last for days at low power applications (say, 20w or less),but their low drain (15A amp rating) means they’re not good for high-powered use. At 15A, you shouldn’t use them over 45w per cell (that’s 90w in a dual-cell mod like the Proton). Best case is the battery sag/volt-drop will be so severe that you get a “low battery” warning way early and it will just refuse to fire at higher watts. Worst case could be a lot more “exciting.”

Hi @bwh79,
I've primarily been using my Siren 2 and Ares and set the wattage according to the build on the tanks. So the lower end of the scale, 8-15 watts is a typical range. I did give a build a quick try on TC but haven't gotten into dripping or Dl sub ohming yet. What a pair of twits in that shop to give me the 30Q bats. This particular shop is the Walmart of the vape world. Thank you for your post and the heads up!!!!
Vonnie

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
I've primarily been using my Siren 2 and Ares and set the wattage according to the build on the tanks. So the lower end of the scale, 8-15 watts is a typical range. [...] What a pair of twits in that shop to give me the 30Q bats. This particular shop is the Walmart of the vape world.
I mean...at that wattage, it’s a great choice. If they didn’t know that, though, yeah it wouldn’t be the first cell I’d recommend for this mod kit.

VapingintheGTA

ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2016
GTA
I mean...at that wattage, it’s a great choice. If they didn’t know that, though, yeah it wouldn’t be the first cell I’d recommend for this mod kit.

They didn't know that I'm a (msv) multi styled vaper so I would like to complain but this Walmart of Vape stores are not the best for customer service. I'll pick up some more appropriate bats in future. Thanks for the follow up:)

Reactions: bwh79

pvarck31

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2017
The Land
Hi @bwh79,
I've primarily been using my Siren 2 and Ares and set the wattage according to the build on the tanks. So the lower end of the scale, 8-15 watts is a typical range. I did give a build a quick try on TC but haven't gotten into dripping or Dl sub ohming yet. What a pair of twits in that shop to give me the 30Q bats. This particular shop is the Walmart of the vape world. Thank you for your post and the heads up!!!!
Vonnie
You only vape at 8-15 watts on the Proton? I vape around 65-75 watts. I been using the Baby Prince tanks with mesh coils and I really like them. I'm hoping the Scion 2 is good with the mesh coil.

pvarck31

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2017
The Land
So I got it today and I just got around to getting it all set up. First impressions are that the mod is smaller than I though, but beautiful in it's simplicity. The screen is fantastic. I decided to use the Plexus coil and the bubble glass. I primed the coil and the cotton wicked up super fast and I been vaping with the airflow wide up and I'm up to 75 watts and I have to say the Scion 2 is great. A very smooth flavorful vape with some nice vapor production.

Overall, so far I think this one is a keeper.

KingOfKool

Apr 9, 2012
Pittsburgh
Just got my proton kit in the mail today. So far it's been working great. I put on the bubble tank with the plexus mesh and am vaping at 70 watts. I set the display to dim at 10 seconds and to shut off 5 seconds after that. Also I set the display color to green. Looks great with the gun metal proton.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
I'm not really into the whole color / touch screen mods are rolling with these days, but I like it! Probably won't buy though, I just need a simple oled screen for my info =)

Not a touch screen, just a big screen.
I'm drawing the line at voice activated. If I'm talking to machines it's to yell at them, I'm not about to make friends with them.

Reactions: bwh79

vBDKv

ECF Veteran
  • Jan 6, 2018
    Denmark
    Not a touch screen, just a big screen.
    I'm drawing the line at voice activated. If I'm talking to machines it's to yell at them, I'm not about to make friends with them.
    I'm not really talking about this mod in specific, just generally - But oh god, voice activated haha. Imagine telling your mod to start, then take a puff, tell it to stop again. No thank you sir :D

Reactions: Myk

VapingintheGTA

ECF Veteran
    Jun 1, 2016
    GTA
    Hello! Any idea if/when screen protector and case will be available?

I used my old alien cover except I had to cut out a bigger space for the air vent at the base and make the area for the screen larger. Not perfect but does the job.

First make sure there is no juice on the screen and it’s nice and clean, then apply a flexible or thin cell phone screen protector, just cut it to size.
    Vonnie

Last edited:
    • Useful
    Reactions: Myk

Myk

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    I used my old alien cover except I had to cut out a bigger space for the air vent at the base and make the area for the screen larger. Not perfect but does the job.

First make sure there is no juice on the screen and it’s nice and clean, then apply a flexible or thin cell phone screen protector, just cut it to size.
    Vonnie

I wish you would've said that long ago. I've got left over packs of those protectors that will never get used. Oh well, now I know for next time I get a big screen ecig.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread