Innokin Proton Kit with Scion II (Plexus)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapin'Bolt

ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2018
United Kingdom
vapinbolt.weebly.com
Atoms collide…

innokin has been going for years and are always trying new things. When it comes to mods they are sure to stay in the market for having simple to use products which are in line with the higher end market, keeping to their own kind of features and innovations. Here we have the new Proton kit with the Scion II tanks which for me looks to be a promising bit of kit. Let’s have a look…

resize_DSC_1296.JPG
resize_DSC_1297.JPG

Out the Box

The mod comes in of 3 different colour options which are Black, Gunmetal and Rainbow (7-Colour). However, most recently they have introduced the new Proton Plex Kit colours which are, White and Rainbow, Black and Blue and Red and Black, which look even more stunning than the originals. The mod retails at $88 USD and £67 GBP. So, a fairly priced bit of kit but worth it just you wait.

The battery requirements are a dual 18650s, these do not come as standard and are sold separately to some readily available kits. But does it matter not really, we should have them. I’ve used two sets of batteries fully and on the third as we speak lasting approx. one full day that really is impressive I would safely say nearly two days depending on the kind of vapour you are. I didn’t chain vape too much I wanted to see what output this little beauty would give. Now I’m not sure if this is because of the coils but we will get down to that in more depth.

The mod can reach up to 5-235w which works on VW, V, TC and bypass(curve). The chipset in this kit is great and works very well with the Scion II tank

The tank included again is the Scion II which is very nice to look at and easy to use. It comes with the standard 2ml TPD compliant glass and the 5ml bubble glass which I used for this review, A standard Plexus Mesh 0.15 coil but did read 0.16 after it had settled no much difference, but it does make all the difference on power. Two drip tips the bevelled 810-510 shape and the wide bore 810 drip tip, which I used for this review its comfier in the mouth. A spare coil which was quad core 0.36ohm and a set of spare O-rings.

The kit includes a USB charger which is standard throughout the vaping world. Also included is the vape band which isn’t for the bubble it may stretch but not for me on this occasion.

This time no bottom of the box gifts but at the side of this great display box is the accessories which include stickers, QR code, Warranty and guides on how to use.

resize_DSC_1298.JPG

The Build - The Mod - Proton

This mod is great, and I must say so compact which make it a go too choice for everyday vaping. The device is very solid and feels good in the hand there are no imperfections at present with a nice back grip which stops it from slipping out the hand. The bottom door is hinged on a spring-loaded catch which is pretty flimsy in my opinion but once batteries are installed it isn’t a problem and becomes even more solid. The mod is measuring in at 85x44.6x29.6mm. So, it is a nice size and looks the part.

The screen is a good size and very clear to read this can be changed colour to suit your preference which comes in 6 colour options this makes it more suited to the user the screen being big is a good step toward being able to read the contents. On the screen, it displays the puff counter, battery life on each cell and the V and ohm’s. I have only used this mod in power mode because the last review I was told don’t worry about the TC but I’m sure it will work a treat. The power is in excess of 235w who would want to use that sort of power is beyond me but its there and able to use. I haven’t tested what the actual power output reading is. It fires instantly, and the power is constant through to the last bit of power in the batteries this is a bonus. There is literally zero lag in between pressing the button and the atomiser firing. The mesh coils work so well.

The battery life is amazing I cannot fault this they have got this right you are not going go out on a day and worry about losing power at all it really does last a full day I can guarantee that. However, if you are using high wattage and small builds I would reconsider, as I was only using between 60-80w on the mesh coils. The performance was right down to the low wattage indicator on the mod so wow…

The fire button is great, and I could nearly manage right down to the bottom of the mod but it just didn’t get there but still, the whole surface area of the fire button is on point. The joystick control is great and very sturdy which is a bonus. It cycles well, and it also is very responsive to the movements of your usage.

Some other features which are included are as follows;

Firmware Upgradeable
Preheat Function
Adjustable Memory TCR
Temperature Control Suite
Ni200 Nickel, Titanium & SS316L Support
Material and Mode Selection
Low resistance protection
Dual Circuit and Reverse Polarity Protection

resize_DSC_1302.JPG

The Tank – Scion II

We come to the tank. I have used the Crios tank many times before, but I want a fan of the coils didn’t seem to last too long which was a disappointment as the tank was well built and it never heated up too much. Anyway, it’s about the Scion II and what a tank this is, it did at times get warm due to me chain vaping just to see how good the coils were at handling anyone who loves chain vaping. And the plexus coils worked a treat and there have been 50ml of liquid easily passed through and still work as good in flavour as it did when I started using it.

I thought I should include this part in this section as it was relevant to the requirements, so the tank is 25mm, which is becoming more standard through the companies, not a problem here. The 510 connector is offset from the centre, but it works well as it still is compact. The pin is very springy and is a good build not small which you can clearly see in the photo.

The filling action is a slide action I think this way of building is becoming more and more used throughout each company I think it’s the best way it’s simple and it stops any liquid being transferred to anything. The drip tips are good, but I chose to use the wide bore as it more to what I am used to.

The bubble glass is 5ml and I would recommend anyone going out there buying it, to use this as the Plexus coils literally drink the juice and instead of carrying spare batteries take your e-juice and plenty of. The airflow is great and something which is new to me is the clicky turns it takes to adjust the airflow that’s brilliant and it stops the airflow altering, like it does but still.

resize_DSC_1299.JPG
resize_DSC_1300.JPG

Pros

· High Quality

· Great Finish

· Unique design per product

· Easy to use

· Nice bright screen

· A good fire button with instant fire

· Amazing battery life

· Amazing Mesh coils (Plexus)

· Light and compact dual battery mod

Cons

· Marks easily

· Battery doors is very fragile

· Coils drink juice

resize_DSC_1305.JPG

Conclude

For me, Kits have to be right from dropping the batteries in and firing that newly cleaned tank up. I want it to work straight away not take too much time. This kit delivered all round and the functionality of it was superb I could fault it from the day I started using it. And I purposely used this from the day go with no obstructions from other mods. Because I get attached to using my favourites and have to push myself away to make this review purposely for all people.

So, for the Plexus coils I must say they are like a V8 engine wanting more, the flavour and kick it gives is awesome but jeez go steady on the juice. I think the coils are really good and I cannot fault them one bit so if you don’t mind buying juice a lot then its fine

I always say it would I buy thus mod? I think I would its small and compact and very easy to use. The screen is clear and large. Its performance is great and works well. I was slightly disappointed with the way it marks easily now I don’t know if its bits in my pocket, but a new mod should be like new for at least two weeks. But I have used this mod constant for 1 week and it will be used longer to fully get my two-week review.

This mod is great, and I would recommend it to everyone who wants a nice small mod which looks good and feels great for every use. I’m very proud to have reviewed this and gave it so much praise. Innokin well done and I can’t wait for more great pieces like this.

fullsizeoutput_e89.jpeg

Equipment/Products Used

Mod – Innokin Proton - Black
Tank – Innokin Scion II - Black
E-liquid – Vaporworks - Coil Oil - Recipe No.01 - 64/36 - 3mg Nic
Coils – Plexus Mesh Coil - Single Core - 0.15ohm
Batteries – Samsung 25r 2500mAh & LG 3000mAh 18650s

Attachments

• resize_DSC_1301.JPG
    resize_DSC_1301.JPG
    566 KB · Views: 5
  • resize_DSC_1306.JPG