The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Innokin proton low reaistance

Discussion in 'Innokin Technology' started by Yohan Tjoa, Jan 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Yohan Tjoa

Yohan Tjoa Full Member

Sep 9, 2017
    My mod can't fire at all.
    Before that wrong battery indicator sometime always full, sometime battery indicator slot 2 always empty.
    Sometime can fire it self. Mod always warm.

Attached Files:

2. charlie1465

charlie1465 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Taken all the different symptoms together it sounds like a faulty board/chip. Atomiser low and check atomiser are usually due to a connection/short problem with a coil.

Your mod should not be warm unless you chain vape it on a too high wattage for the batteries your using. Is that a Smok mod?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Yohan Tjoa

Yohan Tjoa Full Member

Sep 9, 2017
    I'm using innokin proton, this mod only last for 1 month then start error. First symptom. Battery warm it self, even when I don't use it, then battery indicator error. Someday mod firing itself when I forgot to remove the battery when sleep. And know can't detect atomizer.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. Mordacai

Mordacai Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    Yohan Tjoa, it certainly sounds like it's in the process of dying. Sorry about that.

Stop using it now though and switch to another mod if you have one, as it may well be dangerous to use. And contact your retailer if it's still under warranty to start getting things sorted.

And if you don't have another mod I have heard good things about the Smoant Battlestar Mini, at the moment they're cheap on fasttech.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Yohan Tjoa

Yohan Tjoa Full Member

Sep 9, 2017
    Yes, still have another mods.
    This worst mod I ever bought

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. Mordacai

Mordacai Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    Yohan Tjoa, we've all been there.

My worst mod was a SMOK Procolour, kept on burning through coils. Got a Vaporesso Switcher and was surprised, a mod that worked.

But definitely keep batteries away from that mod, you could always give it to your worst enemy otherwise.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Yohan Tjoa

Yohan Tjoa Full Member

Sep 9, 2017
    Maybe I should.
    Since arrive on November, already broke 2 new battery and causing fire in middle of the night

• Like Like x 2
  8. Mordacai

Mordacai Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    Contact your seller or retailer, that needs sorting out. Just see if you can get your money back, and never buy from them again.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Innokin_Joseph

Innokin_Joseph Brand Rep

Jul 9, 2015
    Hi Yohan,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having with your Proton. As Mordacai has mentioned, the mod is very likely in the process of dying and is defective. Luckily, we offer a 90 day manufacturer's warranty to cover you during situations like these. Please contact us as soon as you can with attached proof of purchase and a description of the issue to support@innokin.com. Our support team will guide you through the warranty claim process and get your Proton repaired or replaced. Please note that we are currently on holiday for Chinese New Year and as such response times will be slower than usual.

So sorry again for the trouble and hope your issue gets resolved quickly.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yohan Tjoa

Yohan Tjoa Full Member

Sep 9, 2017
    the mod already broken now
    already email my complain since 15th jan 2019. and they ask for return the mod
    it's difficult for me if i must returning it to supplier,
    since this bought from aliexpress china and i'm in Indonesia.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  11. Mordacai

Mordacai Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    Do you have to return it to the seller or manufacturer?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Innokin_Paul

Innokin_Paul Brand Manager ECF Veteran

Nov 21, 2013
    Shenzhen
    Hi Yohan Tjoa,
    Sorry to hear about the issue you are having with the Proton. It is covered by the 90 Day Limited Warranty and I will work with you to resolve this issue. Could you please email me at paul@innokin.com and send the email that you sent to Support? I will speak with support and then we will work to arrange a replacement for you.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Morgan_Drury

Morgan_Drury Senior Member

Dec 5, 2018
    I went through 4 of these within 5 and a half months...

• Like Like x 1
  14. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    Innokin is pretty good about support, FWIW. My proton died early too, I think they are aware that mod is like their red headed stepchild or whatever, because MOST Innoken stuff is pretty great. I wouldn't "never buy from them again" I would do the warranty and if you can't send it back I am sure they will work with you.

They were totally willing to work with me on my Proton and it was out of warranty even. I wound up not following through, more because it was crazy busy and I was just too busy.... But, they were very pleasant about it and I'm sure they would have worked something out for me that was reasonable. Innokin supports their brand and the majority of their stuff is great. They did also release THE MTL drop in tank of the year with the Zenith, and Innoken is pretty solid overall. The proton not so much, but I'm pretty sure you can work something out.

Anna

• Like Like x 1
  15. Morgan_Drury

Morgan_Drury Senior Member

Dec 5, 2018
    I don't doubt their commitment to stand behind their products. The place I got it from kept asking me if I wanted store credit and I kept letting it ride. The only thing I didn't like about that mod was having to use a back up mod till my replacement came in the mail.

By the time I sent the last one back, I had already accumulated a handful of new things and just made a list of a few more things I was about to place an order for so that was the deciding factor.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Yohan Tjoa

Yohan Tjoa Full Member

Sep 9, 2017
    Finally got replacement from Innokin.

Thanks Innokin for good support

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.