Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamvaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 20, 2018
    UK
    Hello fellow ECF members. :nun:
    I'd like to discuss the innokin Sceptre 2 Pod Kit that was sent to me by innokin for the purpose of providing a fair and honest review. :thumb:

From my experience, Innoking devices almost never fail to deliver great quality for a reasonable price, you can check my previous reviews
    fro the Innokin products - Klypse and GoZee

Let's see if Sceptre 2 Pod Kit is a new and proud member of the Innokin family with the same qualities. ;)

Colour options available:
    1663411590953[1].png

Key Features:

• Compact size and lightweight
    • Improved adjustable airflow
    • 1400 mAh built-in battery
    • Type-C USB charging capabilities
    • Dimensions: 104.3 mm x 27.93 mm x 17.62 mm
    • Min-Max Voltage Output: 2.65V - 3.40V
    • Resistance Range: 0.4Ω - 3.5Ω
    • 2 Power Mode: 12W / 13.5W

2-innokin-sceptre-2-pod-kit-desktop_1[1].jpeg
    Short Description:
    The Innokin Sceptre 2 Pod Kit is the latest device in the Sceptre range. Innokin have built on the popularity of the original Sceptre Pod Kit and made several improvements. The new Sceptre 2 Pod Kit features improved airflow design, easier to use controls, various operating modes and a new push-fit coil system for easier coil changes. The device is powered by an integrated 1,400mAh battery which can last for a full day of vaping and is fast-charge enabled thanks to the use of USB-C. The device has been redesigned, offering a more compact and portable vaping option.

Let's check the Real Sceptre 2 kit (I actually received 2 of them, thanks Innokin):

s1.jpg

Same recyclable packaging Innokin is using for its latest devices. It may not look as luxury as some other fancy packages but extra points for the environment protection
    :thumb:

On the back you have all the needed info - QR code and authenticity check.

Opening the box:
    s2.jpg

Nice green colour - "Rainforest" by Innokin.
    s3 1.jpg

What's in the box:

s3.jpg

Packing List:

∎ Innokin Sceptre 2 Device (0.6 ohm coil pre-installed)
    ∎ Spare S-coil (0.5 ohm)
    ∎ USB Type-C Charging Cable
    ∎ Users Manual
    ∎ Warning & Safety Manual

Innokin Sceptre 2 Pod Kit Specs:
    Device Dimensions:
    104.3 * 27.93 * 17.62 mm
    Pod Capacity: 3ml / 2ml (TPD)
    Resistance: S Coil 0.6 ohm installed, spare 0.5 ohm S Coil
    Coil material: KAL (Kanthal)
    Coil compatible: Compatible with Sceptre S Coils
    How to fill: Side fill
    How to replace the coil: Pull coil base to place the coil
    Airflow: Side airflow adjustment
    Battery mAh: 1400mAh/5.18Wh/3.7V
    Minimum / Maximum Wattage: Press power button 2 times to adjust wattage
    ∎ Lower mode: Blue -> S Coil 0.6ohm (11.5W); S Coil 0.5ohm (18W)
    ∎ Higher mode: Purple -> S Coil 0.6ohm (16.5W); S Coil 0.5ohm (20W)
    Minimum / Maximum Voltage: 2.65V-3.40V
    Cut off time: 10s
    Max. Output Current: 8A
    Readable Resistance Range: 0.4ohm-3.5ohm
    Body Material: Zinc alloy + plastic

Compared to the Innokin Klypse:
    s4.jpg

Almost the same size and they both sit great in my hand. Sceptre 2 design is a bit more smooth compared to the Klypse.

Innoking did a great homework on Improving the Airflow:

The Sceptre 2 delivers everything from a tight mouth to lung vaping experience, to a restricted direct to lung vape, with the new side airflow control, precisely allowing you to adjust to your needs, without the need to remove the pod.

s5.jpg

The side airflow control on the pod Really works and you can adjust the draw to your preferences. You don't need to remove the pod to do it either.
    I personally love the more tight MTL draw option.

Push-Fit coil design is another cool feature of the Sceptre 2:
    s6.jpg

The Sceptre 2 Pod utilises the S-Coil range of Innokin coils, and is compatible with the 0.5Ω RDL, 0.65Ω MTL, and 1.2Ω MTL coil options, which simply push-fit into the base of the pod.

Dual activation

The Innokin Sceptre 2 Pod Mod kit has the ability to be vaped using a built-in auto-draw feature, without the need to press any buttons, but also has the added feature of activating the device by holding down a super-responsive fire button, located on the front for improved comfort.

Pod filling is an easy process, had no leakage or other problems with the pod:
    s7.jpg

Pros:
    Affordable price (around £23 in the UK)
    Nice design
    Good and quality build
    Easy to operate
    Dual Activation options
    Improved Airflow control (and it's not just an Ad this time)
    True 1400mAh built-in battery with quick Type-c charging
    Boosted power setting

Cons:
    - Few times during testing I had a problem with swithing the device off - maybe it's only mine (device) as other reviewers didn't mention such problems in their reviews. [ btw guys, pls comment on that @Z-Lee @hittman @HyDrOpOnIc1987 @Frenkyou] :unsure:

-
    charging cord could've been a bit longer

My Final Thoughts on Sceptre 2 kit:

Innokin created another decent yet affordable (around 23$ + shipping :2c:) compact vape kit with an interesting design and cool features of a modern vape (auto/manual draw, long lasting battery, coils/options, overheat and other kinds of protection) + they've done a good job on the airflow control upgrade of the pod.
    I have a 2nd device and I'll gladly give it to one of my friends who is struggling to switch from smoking to vaping and I'm 100% sure that Sceptre 2 will do it's job for my friend. :nun: (btw, I did the same with my 2nd GoZee device and my friend absolutely loves it and she did quit smoking at last!)

Overall rank 8.5/10 by Dreamvaper.
    Can recommend this device :thumb:

Thanks for reading :thumbs:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread