hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Hello everyone. Yes I know you’ve been seeing a lot of me lately but it is for good reason. There have been a lot of new products released lately. Of course Innokin wasn’t going to be left out of the action. Innokin has sent me two samples and some spare coils and pods in order to provide you with a fair and honest review on the all new Innokin Sceptre II. The original Sceptre was released in 2020 and although it was a great device, there were some complaints on it as far as design was concerned but operation was good. I have to admit, I was one with a few suggestions for changes and it appears that once again Innokin has listened to the end users and reviewers and have made some really great updates like improving the airflow control, making the coils push to fit, and moving the fire button. Moving the fire button was the best change for me. Although the original Sceptre was auto and button activated, I could never get used to the fire button on the side of the mod. This new Sceptre is also a little smaller and more compact while maintaining the same 1400mah battery capacity. The pods are 3ml which is a little bigger than what seems to be the standard 2ml that I see on most pod devices.

IU29u7P.jpg

cuChhXu.jpg

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

• SCEPTRE 2 POD KIT(.6 OHM)
    • SPARE S COIL(.5 OHM)
    • TYPE C USB CHARGING CABLE
    • QUICK START GUIDE
    • WARNING BOOKLET
    1663202587681.png

SPECIFICATIONS:
    1gron6y.jpg

FEATURES

• S COIL SERIES
    • COMPACT SIZE
    • IMPROVED AIRFLOW
    • 1400MAH BATTERY
    • PUSH TO FIT COIL
    VzDes6x.jpg

mqfe0jj.jpg

8wRSfmX.jpg

nWXQunr.jpg

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

I have to congratulate Innokin for not only switching to but sticking with the fully recyclable packaging that they moved to some time ago showing that they are trying to do their part to preserve the environment. The packaging for the Sceptre II is very similar to prior samples I’ve seen from them. Innokin has always been good to send two sample kits and most times extra accessories. This time was no different. Not only did they send two kits but also extra pod kits and extra coils. By sending two kits that allows the reviewer to test both different coils at once and the extra accessories in a way are good insurance in case a kit happens to have a bad coil or something. I recently reviewed a kit and one of the coils was bad almost immediately after starting to use it so I was not able to do a proper review on that coil since no spares were sent by that company. My point is that Innokin is smart and generous when it comes to review samples.

The front of the box has a nice color picture of the device inside the package, a list of some features, and a very large warning. The back side of the box has a warning label, authenticity code, a list of the contents, and the company information of Innokin. Also there is another large warning.

1663202799273.png

1663202829390.png

Innokin uses a different style of box compared to most review samples I see. Many have an outer sleeve that slides off and a box top underneath that has to be lifted off. Innokin instead uses a box with a hinged flip open lid. Once opened the Sceptre II is visible with the pod and .6 ohm coil pre-installed. Underneath the cardboard tray is where you find the user manual, charging cable, spare .5 ohm coil (also in recyclable pouch), and warning booklet. I received the blue and rainforest versions for my review.

1663202883832.png

The Sceptre pod has been updated compared to the original version. The original version had a bottom airflow control where you had to remove the pod in order to change the airflow. I didn’t much care for that but once you got it set then you didn’t need to change it. The new Sceptre pod has a side airflow control that allows you to slide the control while the pod is installed in the Sceptre II.

Z9AIhhi.jpg

The process of changing the coil has also been updated with the Sceptre II. The original Sceptre had a system where the coil base was incorporated into the base and you had to remove it before the coil could be unscrewed. The new one is a simple push to fit system. You still have a coil base that screws onto the coil but then you just push the coil into the pod. The bottom of the pod has four strong magnets that hold the pod in place securely. There is really no chance of it coming out accidentally. As a matter of fact it takes a little effort to remove the pod.

Like I have already shown in the above picture, the sliding airflow control is on one side of the pod. On the opposite side is the fill port covered with a rubber plug. The plug is fairly easy to lift up with a fingernail and can be rotated slightly to fill the pod. The pods are tinted some but it’s not too difficult to see the liquid while filling. There is an arrow stamped into the rubber plug that shows the user the direction to lift the plug for filling. It’s pretty mess free to fill but I always give it a quick wipe after closing the plug.

q0vnFp7.jpg

1663203071781.png

1663203105514.png

origin_img_v2_98ae61db-206e-4c25-ab62-73ff00f299dg.gif

There are two coils included in the Sceptre II kit. There is the .5 ohm S Coil that you might be familiar with but there is also a new S coil in a .6 ohm resistance. The Sceptre II is also compatible with the .65 ohm and 1.2 ohm coils. The included .5 ohm coil is rated for 18-20 watts while the .6 ohm coil is rated for 11.5-16.5 watts.

1663203619141.png

BpvSi8A.jpg

The Sceptre II has a 1400mah battery capacity which is the same as the original one but Innokin has managed to reduce the size to make it more compact. The aesthetics of the new Sceptre are very pleasing in my opinion. The front has a silver diagonal stripe separating the solid body color which in this case is Rainforest. The color is only on the front. In the center of the silver stripe is my favorite upgrade on the Sceptre II. The fire button has been moved to the front where it was on the side on the original and I found it to be a little awkward.

The sides and back are just black. On the left side is the USB-C charging port. I have not yet seen a stated charging rate on the Sceptre II. The fill port on the pod is also on the left side but it is not accessible while the pod is installed in the mod. On the right side is where you have access to the sliding airflow control while the pod is installed.

UHtNXGm.jpg

XcEnL0U.jpg

ie1WRr1.jpg

The Sceptre II has two output levels which are indicated by LED lights on the front of the mod. There are two LED’s on the front. The one on the left of the fire button indicates the output level where blue = normal and purple = high. Simply press the fire button twice to switch between the output levels. The LED on the right side of the fire button indicates the battery level. These lights illuminate whether you press the fire button or use the auto draw function that works very well. The battery level indications are as follows.

• Green = >30%
    • Orange = 10-30%
    • Red = <10%
    Also when charging the battery light will stay red until it reaches a 90% charge or higher.

origin_img_v2_07f74478-b9fd-4770-ba48-2c2e9181d1ag.gif

JXXboAK.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS:

I have really enjoyed testing the Innokin Sceptre 2 kits that were sent to me for review. I ran the .6 ohm coil in the blue edition and the .5 ohm coil in the Rainforest version. I honestly didn’t notice a huge difference between them as far as flavor production. Both delivered good flavor and similar amounts of vapor. Both were run on the high (purple) setting. I ran the .5 coil with the airflow wide open and closed it maybe ¼ for the .6 ohm coil. With the airflow closed slightly I kept hearing a buzzing sound when taking a puff. It very much reminded me of running a different frequency on the Sensis kit which I also reviewed. With the airflow open, it is smooth and quiet. With it partially closed is the only time I hear the sound I described. The airflow was still smooth but it was a little noisy.

Innokin really took into consideration the thoughts of users when redesigning the Sceptre II. The upgraded airflow control is a welcome addition. I tend to like a loose MTL but for those who like a tighter draw then you can definitely get a tighter draw with this if you like. The smaller size to make it more compact is also a nice feature. However, my favorite upgrade is the fire button being moved from the side to the front. Now it’s very natural for me to use the fire button where it wasn’t on the original Sceptre. The push to fit redesign for coil changing is definitely a nice change. However, you will want to keep close watch on your thread on coil adapter when changing coils because you can’t use the device without it and there was not a spare included in the kit.

Overall the newly redesigned Sceptre II seems like a really great pod device. I would definitely recommend trying it if you are looking for a well built and good performing pod. With the two included coil options or the other two that are compatible, I would think you could find something to fit your vaping style. However with a maximum output of 20 watts, don’t expect it to be a cloud machine. That’s not what it was designed for anyway.

I’d like to thank Innokin and Nicole for sending the Innokin Sceptre II kits and accessories so that I could provide you with this review. Thanks also to the readers! You make this possible. Below is a link to the website so you can take a closer look for yourself.

Sceptre 2 - Product | INNOKIN®

Attachments

• 1663203504776.png
      1663203504776.png
      562.6 KB · Views: 3

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Hello everyone. Yes I know you’ve been seeing a lot of me lately but it is for good reason. There have been a lot of new products released lately. Of course Innokin wasn’t going to be left out of the action. Innokin has sent me two samples and some spare coils and pods in order to provide you with a fair and honest review on the all new Innokin Sceptre II. The original Sceptre was released in 2020 and although it was a great device, there were some complaints on it as far as design was concerned but operation was good. I have to admit, I was one with a few suggestions for changes and it appears that once again Innokin has listened to the end users and reviewers and have made some really great updates like improving the airflow control, making the coils push to fit, and moving the fire button. Moving the fire button was the best change for me. Although the original Sceptre was auto and button activated, I could never get used to the fire button on the side of the mod. This new Sceptre is also a little smaller and more compact while maintaining the same 1400mah battery capacity. The pods are 3ml which is a little bigger than what seems to be the standard 2ml that I see on most pod devices.

IU29u7P.jpg

cuChhXu.jpg

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

• SCEPTRE 2 POD KIT(.6 OHM)
    • SPARE S COIL(.5 OHM)
    • TYPE C USB CHARGING CABLE
    • QUICK START GUIDE
    • WARNING BOOKLET
    View attachment 980764

SPECIFICATIONS:
    1gron6y.jpg

FEATURES

• S COIL SERIES
    • COMPACT SIZE
    • IMPROVED AIRFLOW
    • 1400MAH BATTERY
    • PUSH TO FIT COIL
    VzDes6x.jpg

mqfe0jj.jpg

8wRSfmX.jpg

nWXQunr.jpg

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

I have to congratulate Innokin for not only switching to but sticking with the fully recyclable packaging that they moved to some time ago showing that they are trying to do their part to preserve the environment. The packaging for the Sceptre II is very similar to prior samples I’ve seen from them. Innokin has always been good to send two sample kits and most times extra accessories. This time was no different. Not only did they send two kits but also extra pod kits and extra coils. By sending two kits that allows the reviewer to test both different coils at once and the extra accessories in a way are good insurance in case a kit happens to have a bad coil or something. I recently reviewed a kit and one of the coils was bad almost immediately after starting to use it so I was not able to do a proper review on that coil since no spares were sent by that company. My point is that Innokin is smart and generous when it comes to review samples.

The front of the box has a nice color picture of the device inside the package, a list of some features, and a very large warning. The back side of the box has a warning label, authenticity code, a list of the contents, and the company information of Innokin. Also there is another large warning.

View attachment 980765

View attachment 980766

Innokin uses a different style of box compared to most review samples I see. Many have an outer sleeve that slides off and a box top underneath that has to be lifted off. Innokin instead uses a box with a hinged flip open lid. Once opened the Sceptre II is visible with the pod and .6 ohm coil pre-installed. Underneath the cardboard tray is where you find the user manual, charging cable, spare .5 ohm coil (also in recyclable pouch), and warning booklet. I received the blue and rainforest versions for my review.

View attachment 980767

The Sceptre pod has been updated compared to the original version. The original version had a bottom airflow control where you had to remove the pod in order to change the airflow. I didn’t much care for that but once you got it set then you didn’t need to change it. The new Sceptre pod has a side airflow control that allows you to slide the control while the pod is installed in the Sceptre II.

Z9AIhhi.jpg

The process of changing the coil has also been updated with the Sceptre II. The original Sceptre had a system where the coil base was incorporated into the base and you had to remove it before the coil could be unscrewed. The new one is a simple push to fit system. You still have a coil base that screws onto the coil but then you just push the coil into the pod. The bottom of the pod has four strong magnets that hold the pod in place securely. There is really no chance of it coming out accidentally. As a matter of fact it takes a little effort to remove the pod.

Like I have already shown in the above picture, the sliding airflow control is on one side of the pod. On the opposite side is the fill port covered with a rubber plug. The plug is fairly easy to lift up with a fingernail and can be rotated slightly to fill the pod. The pods are tinted some but it’s not too difficult to see the liquid while filling. There is an arrow stamped into the rubber plug that shows the user the direction to lift the plug for filling. It’s pretty mess free to fill but I always give it a quick wipe after closing the plug.

q0vnFp7.jpg

View attachment 980768

View attachment 980769

View attachment 980774

There are two coils included in the Sceptre II kit. There is the .5 ohm S Coil that you might be familiar with but there is also a new S coil in a .6 ohm resistance. The Sceptre II is also compatible with the .65 ohm and 1.2 ohm coils. The included .5 ohm coil is rated for 18-20 watts while the .6 ohm coil is rated for 11.5-16.5 watts.

View attachment 980775

BpvSi8A.jpg

The Sceptre II has a 1400mah battery capacity which is the same as the original one but Innokin has managed to reduce the size to make it more compact. The aesthetics of the new Sceptre are very pleasing in my opinion. The front has a silver diagonal stripe separating the solid body color which in this case is Rainforest. The color is only on the front. In the center of the silver stripe is my favorite upgrade on the Sceptre II. The fire button has been moved to the front where it was on the side on the original and I found it to be a little awkward.

The sides and back are just black. On the left side is the USB-C charging port. I have not yet seen a stated charging rate on the Sceptre II. The fill port on the pod is also on the left side but it is not accessible while the pod is installed in the mod. On the right side is where you have access to the sliding airflow control while the pod is installed.

UHtNXGm.jpg

XcEnL0U.jpg

ie1WRr1.jpg

The Sceptre II has two output levels which are indicated by LED lights on the front of the mod. There are two LED’s on the front. The one on the left of the fire button indicates the output level where blue = normal and purple = high. Simply press the fire button twice to switch between the output levels. The LED on the right side of the fire button indicates the battery level. These lights illuminate whether you press the fire button or use the auto draw function that works very well. The battery level indications are as follows.

• Green = >30%
    • Orange = 10-30%
    • Red = <10%
    Also when charging the battery light will stay red until it reaches a 90% charge or higher.

View attachment 980779

JXXboAK.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS:

I have really enjoyed testing the Innokin Sceptre 2 kits that were sent to me for review. I ran the .6 ohm coil in the blue edition and the .5 ohm coil in the Rainforest version. I honestly didn’t notice a huge difference between them as far as flavor production. Both delivered good flavor and similar amounts of vapor. Both were run on the high (purple) setting. I ran the .5 coil with the airflow wide open and closed it maybe ¼ for the .6 ohm coil. With the airflow closed slightly I kept hearing a buzzing sound when taking a puff. It very much reminded me of running a different frequency on the Sensis kit which I also reviewed. With the airflow open, it is smooth and quiet. With it partially closed is the only time I hear the sound I described. The airflow was still smooth but it was a little noisy.

Innokin really took into consideration the thoughts of users when redesigning the Sceptre II. The upgraded airflow control is a welcome addition. I tend to like a loose MTL but for those who like a tighter draw then you can definitely get a tighter draw with this if you like. The smaller size to make it more compact is also a nice feature. However, my favorite upgrade is the fire button being moved from the side to the front. Now it’s very natural for me to use the fire button where it wasn’t on the original Sceptre. The push to fit redesign for coil changing is definitely a nice change. However, you will want to keep close watch on your thread on coil adapter when changing coils because you can’t use the device without it and there was not a spare included in the kit.

Overall the newly redesigned Sceptre II seems like a really great pod device. I would definitely recommend trying it if you are looking for a well built and good performing pod. With the two included coil options or the other two that are compatible, I would think you could find something to fit your vaping style. However with a maximum output of 20 watts, don’t expect it to be a cloud machine. That’s not what it was designed for anyway.

I’d like to thank Innokin and Nicole for sending the Innokin Sceptre II kits and accessories so that I could provide you with this review. Thanks also to the readers! You make this possible. Below is a link to the website so you can take a closer look for yourself.

Sceptre 2 - Product | INNOKIN®
    Great review, what a cool pod!

Reactions: hittman

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Great review. Thanks Hitt. I still use my original to...actually have two in rotation. Love them, and i'm definitely getting this new one.
    Thanks. I never could get used to the first one with the button on the side.

• Agree
    Reactions: Fredman1

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Great review Hitt. I'm sitting here puffing away at the 1.2 ohm coil, and there's not a hint of a buzz coming from it in MTL. So odd.
    It was definitely there. I was surprised when I tried it for mtl. I prefer them wide open anyway.

Reactions: Z-Lee
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread