hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Hello and thanks for joining me for another review. This time I’ll be taking a look at the Innokin Sceptre mtl/rdl Pod Mod. I was not sent this one for review but instead won it on the Innokin contest here on ECF. I’ve been using it for a little while now and like it well enough that I wanted to post a review on it. I’ve been a long time user of Innokin products and associate the name with quality products. The Sceptre is no exception. With that being said, let’s take a look at some pictures and I’ll give my opinion and experience with it.

What’s in the box?

1x Sceptre Mod
    1x Sceptre Pod (1.2ohm)
    1x Sceptre Coil (0.5ohm)
    1x Micro USB Cable
    1x User Manual

upload_2020-9-2_9-5-36.jpg

First Impressions:

When I first opened the box, I thought wow, what an attractive looking device. I thought it was a little bigger than I expected but liked the size of it. Innokin has a history in my opinion of making very good quality devices. I unboxed it, plugged it in to top off the charge and filled the pod to let the coil saturate while it was charging. The pod came with the 1.2 ohm coil preinstalled so that is what I tried first. I did a quick review of the user guide and gave it a try. Three clicks of the fire button turned the device on. The 1.2 coil will either get 9 or 10 watts from the battery depending if you are using it in standard or boost mode. The device will operate either in auto mode or you can press the button to fire it. In standard mode the green light will illuminate and if you turn the device off then press and hold the button you can switch to boost mode which is indicated by a pink/purple light. I’m not sure which color it is. Then turn it back on and you are in boost mode. I saw a noticeable difference between using it in auto draw and pressing the fire button. I felt like the button press got a higher output and did also notice a slight difference between the normal and boost modes but not a huge difference. The flavor production was very good but I got little or no throat hit from the ry4 cream liquid I was using and I like a decent throat hit. The liquid I was using was 12mg freebase. I used the 1.2 coil for a couple days and decided to switch to the .5 coil to see if I liked it better.

To change the coil, you take the pod out, turn the base, and pull it away from the pod with the coil attached to the base. The coil is threaded onto the base. I was able to do the coil change with liquid in the pod and it didn’t spill. I found the .5 coil to fit my style of vaping better. It’s a bit warmer and I ended up liking it in standard mode with the airflow just a little to the right of the MTL setting on the pod. Yes, the pods have an airflow control built into them. Even with the 1.2 coil and the airflow set to the left on MTL, it wasn’t a tight draw. I’m good with that because I like an airy MTL vape. So far I’ve had no leaking with the included pod and coils. I do like that the pod is a side fill. I do kind of wish though that you could pull the fill plug and rotate it out of the way for filling like I’ve seen on some other devices but that’s not the case here.

I’ve heard a few others that have used the Sceptre complain that they don’t like the button placement. It did take a little getting used to but I don’t mind it being on the side and can easily hold it and fire the button with my index finger.

I almost forgot to mention that there is a light on one side that illuminates the pod. I guess that it’s supposed to help the user see the liquid level. The liquid I was using was fairly clear and didn’t really feel the light benefited me but kudos to Innokin for thinking of it.

Final Thoughts:

I feel like the Sceptre is a well made device that can fit different styles of vaping. Some people prefer a very restricted airflow on a MTL device but the Sceptre never really got that tight with the airflow closed down on the higher resistance coil. On the other side, it’s good for an airy MTL or a restricted DTL. I like how the coils can be changed without spilling the liquid and the pod is fairly easy to fill and clear enough that you can see the liquid level while filling. The battery life seemed plenty for a pod device and the liquid capacity is sufficient. I found the mouthpiece to be comfortable to use. The device has an attractive appearance as well as feeling good in the hand and has a nice weight to it for a pod device. Would I recommend it? If you’d like an airy MTL with really good flavor or a RDL with good but not quite as good as the MTL coil then yes I would recommend it. I’m very happy to have won it and have already ordered another one along with extra pods and coils.

Thanks for reading my review and thanks to Innokin for having the contest that allowed me to win the Sceptre. If you would like to take another look at it then here’s a link to their site.

https://www.innokin.com/sceptre-kit/

Attachments

• upload_2020-9-2_9-5-2.jpg
      upload_2020-9-2_9-5-2.jpg
      13.5 KB · Views: 7
    • upload_2020-9-2_9-5-36.jpg
      74.1 KB · Views: 7

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Good review, but I think I'm about finished with internal battery mods. I prefer mods with external batteries.

I can definitely understand that. I have accumulated a pretty good collection of pod devices and like them well enough. I tend to use them for pocket carry at work and for short trips around town. I have been using the sceptre a little more than normal which made me want to do a review.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 15, 2011
    I have been using the sceptre a little more than normal which made me want to do a review.

Strange isn't it - how much the Sceptre is put into daily rotation after ya' start to use it . . . Ya' can almost say it is - "Magical" . . . Just Sayin' . . . :rolleyes:

images

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Uncle

Resting In Peace
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 15, 2011
    Alright. You win.

Blue, gray or white? :D

Blue it is then. TY :D

Although, you didn't included in the choice of colors and you've already decided on Blue . . . FYI: Black w/ Red hightlights is also very nice . . . Just Sayin' . . . :rolleyes:

Innokin_timmy

Brand Rep
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 20, 2018

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Wow, thank you for the nice review Hittman! Glad to hear you enjoy using the Sceptre too! I believe there is an even tighter MTL coil and pod in the works for the Sceptre soon so keep that on the radar :)

Thank you. I honestly like the loose MTL of the existing coil but can definitely see where there would be a good market for a tighter draw coil.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread