Status
Not open for further replies.

SP013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Hello,

Today I have the newest Innokin pod-mod for review, the Sensis. What makes this pod-mod unique is its new functions to which I will come back in this review.

Thank you @Innokin_timmy for sending me two kits.

Specifications:

· Product name: Sensis
· Device dimensions Without pod: 93.5x39.51x30.0mm
· With pod: 120.35*39.51*30.0mm
· Tank capacity: 3.1ml
· Coil: Sceptre S-Coil 0.25Ω, 25-35W (New)
· Coil Material: KAL + Seaweed fibre cotton
· Changeable glass: No
· Airflow: Adjustable
· How to fill: Bottom filling
· Coil compatibility: Sceptre Coils
· Battery: Internal 3.7V,3000mAh/11.1Wh
· Wattage range: 6-40W
· Voltage range: 1-7.5V
· TC range: n/a
· Cut off time: 3-18s
· Tank Used with Sensis tank, or with Sensis 510 adapter that can use with other tanks.
· Max.output current: 20A
· Resistance range: 0.2Ω-3.5Ω
· Body material: Zinc alloy
· Connection Magnet
· Charging current: 5V 1.7A
· Charging indicator: Charge bar
· Battery capacity indicator:<20% - Red; 20%-50% - Yellow; >50% - Green

Packaging:

1x Innokin Sensis Pod Kit (0.25ohm)
1x Spare Sceptre Coil (0.65ohm)
1x Spare MTL Drip Tip
1x Spare O Rings
1x Coil Base
1x 510 Adapter
1x Type-C Charging Cable
1x Quick Guide

Review:

It looks similar to the Drag X/S by Voopoo. It is very well made and the combination of materials used feel proper. Main frame is made out of some metal, probably zinc-alloy and the cusson feels like leather. I like the looks of this device, classy and not too busy with branding. On one bottom side it says Innokin and on the other Sensis. On the leather the Fourier (Technology developer behind the device) logo is visible. More a fan of the blue version than the brown version, but both look great.

It is packed with an impressive 3000mAh internal battery (same as Kroma Z), which gets me easily through a day of RDL vaping and two days of MTL vaping. It charges in about 100 minutes with the use of a USB-C cable.

Very nice that inside the kit you get a 510-adapter. It drops right into place and sits in there tightly. To take it out you will need to screw on a tank and pull as there is nothing to grab onto. It creates a large flat surface 510 connector that can take tanks up to 28mm without overhang. Not sure if such large tank is a match with this pod-mod as it only fired up to 40W.

Large black front panel, just like the Kroma R and Z, functions as the fire-button with an integrated screen. The panel on this one is much larger than on the Kroma and is a comfortable fire. No issues with the navigation buttons in the bottom, they react well, sit flush and do not rattle.

Screen is quite large and easily readable. Unfortunately, no brightness adjustment, but the stock brightness is enough for me. Just like all Innokin devices the device turns on/off with 3 clicks on the fire-button.

So what makes this pod-mod unique is its functions. Coil+, Refresh and 'F-mode' specifically. Out of the box the F-mode is locked and needs to be unlocked by a code. Innokin did this as part of a decoding game, kind of funny, but I just took the code from the internet after numerous attempts.

In Coil+ mode I clearly hear the 'afterburn' of 0.4s, so it works technically. There is a slight difference with regular wattage, the vape feels more saturated and flavor is slightly more balanced. If its about longevity of coils, hard to say. I would need to use it for several months to find out, but I trust Innokin that it does improve longevity.

In F mode there is a significant difference in the vape for both MTL and RDL. The vaper seems to be much more balanced, bit warmer and flavor is also better. Clearly hear buzzing when vaping MTL, with RDL it sounds the same as regular wattage. The frequency Hz setting is a bit unclear, but Innokin gives the ratings for MTL and RDL in the included leaflet. For MTL its max rated 100Hz also performs best, best flavor and smoothness. BUT, it all depends on the coil and flavor profile of your juice. For example, with fruity flavors I find going over 100Hz, around 200-300 best, for creamy/custard flavors I find it best at around 50Hz. Coil doesn’t burn when going over the rated Hz, but the sound it produces gets funkier the higher you go. This Hz control is very revolutionary as it adds another layer of control on your vape, and it really does make a difference. Even when using a tank with the adapter you can apply the Hz setting which is great.

And then there is Refresh. Very hard to say if it makes much difference on the cleanliness if the coil, but the concept does make sense. When selecting auto it fires for around 4 seconds at 40% of the set wattage. I use it from time to time and I can say that the cotton after a good 2 week use still looks clean and white.

Overall I can do nothing else but appreciate these functions, they put vaping into a new dimension.

Now another rather unique thing, the glass pod. I personally like it a lot, it feels much cleaner and the juice also stays clearer for longer, but that might have something more to do with the coils. Downside is that glass not being caged is vulnerable. Mine has not broken, but if you do break it, you only get one in the packaging. Innokin should have included two, or an additional plastic pod.

I find the idea of Innokin having the pod stick out almost fully a good one, as you can easily see the liquid level, but then it also requires very strong magnets, which in my opinion is not the case. It is not that the pod comes of on its own, but some pressure on the side of the pod will disconnect.

It has a bottom fill, the plug is easily openable, but I find the fill hole on the small side. With larger tips it can turn out as a messy fill sometimes, smaller tips recommended.

You can either use the two included 510 drip-tips on this pod or use any of yours. The ones included are nothing special, just simple but comfortable. Pity the MTL drip-tip is colored ultem, it does not fit the device nor pod really, gun metal would have been nicer as it fits the frame of the device.

3.1ml capacity for MTL is very acceptable, but with the RDL coil it is a bit on the small side, frequent refills.

Two type of coils are included, a MTL and RDL, actually the same ones as on the Sceptre (which I enjoy a lot). Coils are screwed into the included airflow base and then pushed in from the bottom of the pod. Good you get two bases as they are tiny and easy to lose.

So, let's talk airflow. It is adjustable with the lever on top-back of the device. Overall, it is a smooth sounding airflow, but I find the MTL (airflow fully closed) draw a slight bit too loose. It is getting very close to my preferred tight draw, but it's not as good as on the Kroma Z for example. I think the solution could be simple, just like on the Kroma Z include two type of coil bases, one for RDL and one for MTL. Now both included coil bases both have the same 4 openings. Would have been nice to have an MTL base with just a tiny hole for airflow allowing to be transferred to the coil so that people like me can get that preferred tight draw. I would not say the draw is way too loose, it is quite tight, just not tight enough for me.

I do enjoy these coils quite a bit, they flavor on both MTL and RDL is good and I find the overall smoothness of these coils really nice. No spitback or gurgling issues. Have been mostly using it with the MTL coil as lately that is my preferred way to vape, and as my only device in use I cannot complain. Have had a good 2.5k+ draws on the initial coil and it still vapes well. Still I have to admit that I prefer the Z-coils, even though they do not provide the same flavor as the Sceptre coils, the Z-coils are smoother and have a better longevity.

Conclusion:

A really nice revolutionary device that adds more dimension to vaping. It takes some time to get the right frequency setting, but after a while you get the drill. Overall quality of the device is proper and the vape is good as well. Major pro is that you receive an adapter in the kit, so basically you have a proper RDL/MTL mod.

Not much cons for this one, just wished the MTL draw could have been tighter, and for me they could have removed that ‘unlock game’ feature for the frequency function.

This is a nice starter-kit for people looking for an MTL/RDL device and are struggling to choose between a pod-mod or mod.

If its about improvements, I would suggest Innokin to bring out a 18650/21700 version, a tigher airflow ring for MTL and an additional pod in the kit. Would also be great to see a Z-Coil tank in the feature.

Kit is available on the official Innokin store for 44 Euro > Innokin Sensis Pod Mod Kit

Thanks again for taking your time to read my review. Happy Easter and have a good day!

Sjoerd

Innokin_timmy

Brand Rep
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2018
Hello,

Today I have the newest Innokin pod-mod for review, the Sensis. What makes this pod-mod unique is its new functions to which I will come back in this review.

Thank you @Innokin_timmy for sending me two kits.

Specifications:

· Product name: Sensis
· Device dimensions Without pod: 93.5x39.51x30.0mm
· With pod: 120.35*39.51*30.0mm
· Tank capacity: 3.1ml
· Coil: Sceptre S-Coil 0.25Ω, 25-35W (New)
· Coil Material: KAL + Seaweed fibre cotton
· Changeable glass: No
· Airflow: Adjustable
· How to fill: Bottom filling
· Coil compatibility: Sceptre Coils
· Battery: Internal 3.7V,3000mAh/11.1Wh
· Wattage range: 6-40W
· Voltage range: 1-7.5V
· TC range: n/a
· Cut off time: 3-18s
· Tank Used with Sensis tank, or with Sensis 510 adapter that can use with other tanks.
· Max.output current: 20A
· Resistance range: 0.2Ω-3.5Ω
· Body material: Zinc alloy
· Connection Magnet
· Charging current: 5V 1.7A
· Charging indicator: Charge bar
· Battery capacity indicator:<20% - Red; 20%-50% - Yellow; >50% - Green

Packaging:

1x Innokin Sensis Pod Kit (0.25ohm)
1x Spare Sceptre Coil (0.65ohm)
1x Spare MTL Drip Tip
1x Spare O Rings
1x Coil Base
1x 510 Adapter
1x Type-C Charging Cable
1x Quick Guide

Review:

It looks similar to the Drag X/S by Voopoo. It is very well made and the combination of materials used feel proper. Main frame is made out of some metal, probably zinc-alloy and the cusson feels like leather. I like the looks of this device, classy and not too busy with branding. On one bottom side it says Innokin and on the other Sensis. On the leather the Fourier (Technology developer behind the device) logo is visible. More a fan of the blue version than the brown version, but both look great.

It is packed with an impressive 3000mAh internal battery (same as Kroma Z), which gets me easily through a day of RDL vaping and two days of MTL vaping. It charges in about 100 minutes with the use of a USB-C cable.

Very nice that inside the kit you get a 510-adapter. It drops right into place and sits in there tightly. To take it out you will need to screw on a tank and pull as there is nothing to grab onto. It creates a large flat surface 510 connector that can take tanks up to 28mm without overhang. Not sure if such large tank is a match with this pod-mod as it only fired up to 40W.

Large black front panel, just like the Kroma R and Z, functions as the fire-button with an integrated screen. The panel on this one is much larger than on the Kroma and is a comfortable fire. No issues with the navigation buttons in the bottom, they react well, sit flush and do not rattle.

Screen is quite large and easily readable. Unfortunately, no brightness adjustment, but the stock brightness is enough for me. Just like all Innokin devices the device turns on/off with 3 clicks on the fire-button.

So what makes this pod-mod unique is its functions. Coil+, Refresh and 'F-mode' specifically. Out of the box the F-mode is locked and needs to be unlocked by a code. Innokin did this as part of a decoding game, kind of funny, but I just took the code from the internet after numerous attempts.

In Coil+ mode I clearly hear the 'afterburn' of 0.4s, so it works technically. There is a slight difference with regular wattage, the vape feels more saturated and flavor is slightly more balanced. If its about longevity of coils, hard to say. I would need to use it for several months to find out, but I trust Innokin that it does improve longevity.

In F mode there is a significant difference in the vape for both MTL and RDL. The vaper seems to be much more balanced, bit warmer and flavor is also better. Clearly hear buzzing when vaping MTL, with RDL it sounds the same as regular wattage. The frequency Hz setting is a bit unclear, but Innokin gives the ratings for MTL and RDL in the included leaflet. For MTL its max rated 100Hz also performs best, best flavor and smoothness. BUT, it all depends on the coil and flavor profile of your juice. For example, with fruity flavors I find going over 100Hz, around 200-300 best, for creamy/custard flavors I find it best at around 50Hz. Coil doesn’t burn when going over the rated Hz, but the sound it produces gets funkier the higher you go. This Hz control is very revolutionary as it adds another layer of control on your vape, and it really does make a difference. Even when using a tank with the adapter you can apply the Hz setting which is great.

And then there is Refresh. Very hard to say if it makes much difference on the cleanliness if the coil, but the concept does make sense. When selecting auto it fires for around 4 seconds at 40% of the set wattage. I use it from time to time and I can say that the cotton after a good 2 week use still looks clean and white.

Overall I can do nothing else but appreciate these functions, they put vaping into a new dimension.

Now another rather unique thing, the glass pod. I personally like it a lot, it feels much cleaner and the juice also stays clearer for longer, but that might have something more to do with the coils. Downside is that glass not being caged is vulnerable. Mine has not broken, but if you do break it, you only get one in the packaging. Innokin should have included two, or an additional plastic pod.

I find the idea of Innokin having the pod stick out almost fully a good one, as you can easily see the liquid level, but then it also requires very strong magnets, which in my opinion is not the case. It is not that the pod comes of on its own, but some pressure on the side of the pod will disconnect.

It has a bottom fill, the plug is easily openable, but I find the fill hole on the small side. With larger tips it can turn out as a messy fill sometimes, smaller tips recommended.

You can either use the two included 510 drip-tips on this pod or use any of yours. The ones included are nothing special, just simple but comfortable. Pity the MTL drip-tip is colored ultem, it does not fit the device nor pod really, gun metal would have been nicer as it fits the frame of the device.

3.1ml capacity for MTL is very acceptable, but with the RDL coil it is a bit on the small side, frequent refills.

Two type of coils are included, a MTL and RDL, actually the same ones as on the Sceptre (which I enjoy a lot). Coils are screwed into the included airflow base and then pushed in from the bottom of the pod. Good you get two bases as they are tiny and easy to lose.

So, let's talk airflow. It is adjustable with the lever on top-back of the device. Overall, it is a smooth sounding airflow, but I find the MTL (airflow fully closed) draw a slight bit too loose. It is getting very close to my preferred tight draw, but it's not as good as on the Kroma Z for example. I think the solution could be simple, just like on the Kroma Z include two type of coil bases, one for RDL and one for MTL. Now both included coil bases both have the same 4 openings. Would have been nice to have an MTL base with just a tiny hole for airflow allowing to be transferred to the coil so that people like me can get that preferred tight draw. I would not say the draw is way too loose, it is quite tight, just not tight enough for me.

I do enjoy these coils quite a bit, they flavor on both MTL and RDL is good and I find the overall smoothness of these coils really nice. No spitback or gurgling issues. Have been mostly using it with the MTL coil as lately that is my preferred way to vape, and as my only device in use I cannot complain. Have had a good 2.5k+ draws on the initial coil and it still vapes well. Still I have to admit that I prefer the Z-coils, even though they do not provide the same flavor as the Sceptre coils, the Z-coils are smoother and have a better longevity.

Conclusion:

A really nice revolutionary device that adds more dimension to vaping. It takes some time to get the right frequency setting, but after a while you get the drill. Overall quality of the device is proper and the vape is good as well. Major pro is that you receive an adapter in the kit, so basically you have a proper RDL/MTL mod.

Not much cons for this one, just wished the MTL draw could have been tighter, and for me they could have removed that ‘unlock game’ feature for the frequency function.

This is a nice starter-kit for people looking for an MTL/RDL device and are struggling to choose between a pod-mod or mod.

If its about improvements, I would suggest Innokin to bring out a 18650/21700 version, a tigher airflow ring for MTL and an additional pod in the kit. Would also be great to see a Z-Coil tank in the feature.

Kit is available on the official Innokin store for 44 Euro > Innokin Sensis Pod Mod Kit

Thanks again for taking your time to read my review. Happy Easter and have a good day!

Sjoerd

:thumb: Nice review and thanks for sharing with us.
I heard you and I will forward your info to our product team.
Innokin Sensis the Fourth-Gen Vape Tech Inside. It features an upgrade in technology that extends coil life and boosts flavors for an unrivaled experience.:headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread