Status
Not open for further replies.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
The innokin z-biip is a well designed AIO that I received 16 days ago from an ECF promotional contest win:

innokinzbiip5-jpg.817239

This mod has been my ADV since I received it in the mail and this review is based on that experience with it. So lets get into the review:

Appearance: I received the white mod which is a pearlescent that I cannot manage to accurately photograph, but its a very beautiful mod indeed. Very nice looking, very good finish at this stage of use.

Whats included: The kit comes with a charging cable, which I found to be a decent length for charging on a safe, fireproof surface, a warning and safety insert which I found to be well written, relevant and informative for the brand new vaper, a battery care guide and a warranty card. Also included in the box is a spare 1.6 ohm coil with the .48 ohm Z-Plex3D coil already installed, an empty e-liquid bottle for filling the AIO, a Z-Biip overview or instructional guide plus a QR code to scan for additional instructional videos.

Insert Readability: All of it is very easy to read and understand - I can't stress that enough as inserts from many manufacturers are unclear, but this one is actually very well written so kudo's to Innokin for that.

Audible Warning: This mod has a feature I've never seen before and that is the audible warning that your battery needs charging. I enjoy that the beep occurs while your vaping and believe it to be a very handy feature for me; certainly less to actively think about. I do believe that its best to begin charging soon after the first audible warning because by the time you hear the second warning your almost out of time. I have been charging soon after the first warning as a result.

Battery Life: I am getting two full days + out of this battery using it as my all day vape. Battery life is just fantastic.

E-Juice: I am also getting a full day + out of a tank of e-juice, but for the chain vapers out there you may need to have some spare e-juice on hand. I've only been vaping around 1ml - 1.5ml per day - and for me that's heavy vaping so this isn't a guzzler by any means.

Flavor: I haven't used any complex flavors in this pod, but mints, fruits and berries are really shining with these coils. Truly excellent flavor when sticking with MTL flavor profiles and I cant see asking for more out of a MTL AIO with factory coils. I am quite pleased.. Again, as for the more complex flavors I cannot speak to those as I haven't tried any in this mod.

Coil Longevity: These coils seem to last as long as people say they do. My Z-Plex3D coil that came installed lasted 13-1/2 days total before I needed to change it. Two coils a month, great longevity when used as an ADV. It ebbed and flowed just a bit, there was once around the 1 week mark it started tasting a bit off, but then flavor came right back and didn't diminish again until late day 12. Yes, I squeaked out another day. :thumb:

Size: This is a larger AIO than many might expect, but I assume the battery in this takes up most of that. To me, its definitely worth it and I don't at all mind the size. It's a small ergonomic mod.

Fill Port: This is what I see as a negative, but it can definitely be overcome with the addition of a needle cap or actually using the included bottle (which I never did). Instead of even trying the included bottle I did this and voila! Problem solved:

innokin-z-biip-jpg.817251

Airflow Control: There is no doubt this has a tighter draw on it, with three airflow options this can be closed down to nearly nothing, yet, it does have a nice airflow with all three airflow holes wide open - but then I'm coming from airier devices as of late. For me, this requires a kinder, more gentle draw, but its still satisfying in every way with nice, reminiscent of smoking, clouds.

Conclusions:

After vaping RTA's with more airflow for a couple years I had a bit of a rocky start with this mod on Day 1; inhaling with too much force and getting e-juice in my mouth; overfilling the pod and having the coil leak on me. But I stuck with it, found my pace with a kinder, more gentle inhale that better matched the mod, stopped overfilling, and the mod immediately grew on me. By Day 3, I had the hang of it and it's been my go-to mod ever since. Great for on the go as well as home vaping. Nice all around mod.

When I first came to ECF I was looking for recommendations for a small, user-friendly device to replace the EGO I'd been using for over a year and a half. Since that fateful day I've tried a plethora of mods, RTA's, RDA's and even squonkers. Some of the devices I have loved, some I have put far far behind me, but in its own class and category this Innokin is my favorite and exactly what I was looking for all those years ago when I joined ECF looking for recommendations. The design team hit the ball out of the park on this one!

Its user friendly, a small enough stature and great flavor. This is just a nice mod. I give it 5 Stars, and it's kitty approved:

innokin-zbiip-recovered4-jpg.817255

If your wondering whether its worth the asking price, I would say absolutely.

Last edited:

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
The more I here about the Z-Biip the more I want one and your review will finally give me that final push.

I honestly think you'll like it. It's a MTL mod, but really surprising and the size is nice.. It's a little smaller than a single 18650 squonker..

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    I honestly think you'll like it. It's a MTL mod, but really surprising and the size is nice.. It's a little smaller than a single 18650 squonker..
    Not to mention how gorgeous they look with the 3D type of effect.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    Many thanks @Opinionated. I too have been sitting on the fence with this one. Your review has certainly made up my mind. The fact that it is 'kitty approved' is a bonus :wub:

Being kitty approved is a very good bonus! I was so happy to actually get a picture without her in it she liked it so much! haha

Last edited:

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    I'm late to the party - but your reviewing style is such a good read. I really enjoyed the personal touch to it all :thumb:

And yes, you made me want one ;)

Your not late to the party your fashionably late. The real party doesn't even start until after your arrival.. :thumb:

Thank you so much for rhe compliment on the writing. I tried for relevant and informative without being overly or unnecessarily verbose; I'm happy to hear I achieved that!:smokie:

gouldenvape

May 31, 2015
    Very good review, as others have said.
    I pulled the plug a couple of days ago when I saw one of these offered at a reduced price and am looking forward to it's arrival.
    Not sure which Coils to order to continue with after the 2 included Coils run out-- I believe that any Zenith Coils and Plexus and Plex-3D Coils will fit so, seems like plenty of options.
    Anyone know which device the 1.6 Ohm is originally designed for--or is this a new coil only for the z-biip?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Love
    Reactions: Opinionated

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    Very good review, as others have said.
    I pulled the plug a couple of days ago when I saw one of these offered at a reduced price and am looking forward to it's arrival.
    Not sure which Coils to order to continue with after the 2 included Coils run out-- I believe that any Zenith Coils and Plexus and Plex-3D Coils will fit so, seems like plenty of options.
    Anyone know which device the 1.6 Ohm is originally designed for--or is this a new coil only for the z-biip?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

the 1.6 ohm coil goes in any of these newer Innokin tanks or AIO; the Zenith, Zlide, or Z-Biip.

Since the Zenith came out first it may have been original to that, although I'm not sure to be honest.. all I know is that it's designed for any of the three "Z" products..

I will say both the 1.6 and the .48 coils work beautifully in this Z-Biip, it's kind of a toss up which one is best - but my personal preference ended up being the .48, although I used both coils and did enjoy them both.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread