Innokin Z Biip

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2015
Kent - United Kingdom
I use the Nautilus AIO as my thrustworty pod system, got three of them. Previously used the Breeze 2 but I don't like the U coils.
One AIO died after a flight, the pressure change recalled lot of liquid into the battery compartment and the all thing died because of drowning.
The AIO is single power, 12W fixed, 1000 mah verified, some of the best coils available and, Critically, 4 ml capacity. This is important.

Do I attempt a switch to the Innokin pod? I know coils are equivalently good, but the Bip system is double the price and only 2 ml capacity?

Complete Bip pods also are sold at double the price of the Aspire AIO pods, which are sold complete and not as: dust cap, plus pod body, plus coil base, plus coil (They fly Ryanair, probably).

So what is the collective wisdom about the Biip.

Cheers,

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
I use the Nautilus AIO as my thrustworty pod system,
Well, I've met some thrustworthy women, but a pod??;) Sorry, couldn't resist that typo.

Innokin makes some good stuff, but I just can't get over the size of this thing. If I'm going to pod it, rather than use an rta, it needs to be much smaller, so I don't own one.

But for what it's worth, Zenith coils are some of the best non-rta tank vapes I've had. The best hitting pod so far for me has been the Innokin's EQ, which hits about equal to their Zenith. I've only tried Infinix, Juul, HCigar Akso, Orion, Vaporesso Zero, Voopoo Rota, and Nord. And it's the only pod I've been able to refill 3 times and still like it (I rebuild rta's very frequently - I'm picky).

So if you like the other features- maybe.

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2015
Kent - United Kingdom
Thanks Brewdawg...

For the awkward typo... I should check when the autocorrect turns into making mischief instead... It is not always polite or funny like this time thrusting pods from a launchpad!

I decided to buy one Biip for "knowledge" reasons - not a pair as normally do for low cost devices. In any case, I agree the Biip is a true beefy pod!

I'll post some more about it as I get it, soon after the Orchid that should hopefully ship next Friday.

A dealer here made a sale for TPODs (the pod with a screen) at 9.99 and I didn't resist it, so will be playing with pods for awhile.

Cheers,

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Thanks Brewdawg...

For the awkward typo... I should check when the autocorrect turns into making mischief instead... It is not always polite or funny like this time thrusting pods from a launchpad!

I decided to buy one Biip for "knowledge" reasons - not a pair as normally do for low cost devices. In any case, I agree the Biip is a true beefy pod!

I'll post some more about it as I get it, soon after the Orchid that should hopefully ship next Friday.

A dealer here made a sale for TPODs (the pod with a screen) at 9.99 and I didn't resist it, so will be playing with pods for awhile.

Cheers,
Yeah, let us know what you think. About it, and the Orchid- that looks pretty good, and is on my radar, too!

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
After vaping this thing for a while, I have no complaints anymore. I switched to the 1.6 coil and have been enjoying that more than the .8 coil. By doing that, the 2 mil tank makes sense as juice consumption is minimal with the 1.6 coil. I will be getting the 4 mil tank when it comes out though just to feel safe when using it in the car for days where I am in the car most the day.

I like it so much I bought a second one. now I have the bronze/dune and navy blue versions. They are kind of sexy little mods. I don't really consider them pods or all in ones as they have a tank and take coils. It is not very pocket friendly due to its weight. However, it is still portable enough for the car and I like them around the house. When going to family events or hanging out with friends, I've been taking the Aurora Play lately and sometimes the Zero or Nord. They are small and can do a nice stealth vape with them and sit nicely in the shirt pocket.

I'm thinking the main reason I like the Biip is it has flavor like a tank. I switched to using pods exclusively almost a year ago. I have put all my mods away. Flavor is not as good in most pods, but they take up less space and have the fiddle factor I like when I vape. Much like I used to like twirling lighters or packs of smokes around when I smoke, I do the same with some these pods when I vape. It helps me think by keeping me focused (if that makes any sense). It was a trade off I made which works for me.

Do I think the Biip is for everyone, not at all. If a mod is your preferred method to vape, you can get the same MTL vape from a Zenith or Zlide tank. No real benefit to switch to the Biip. However, it works for me as I have grown accustom to smaller vapes.

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2015
Kent - United Kingdom
15575740035748451662187450784391.jpg

Here his the Z-Biip
It has a wide price variance from shop to shop, I managed to pay £32.99, the most shops sell it £39.99 but some goes to £46.99 - no reasons given, the device is the same.

The first thing you note, the Biip is massive, exactly double the mass of a Nautilus AIO.

Calling it a pod system means stretching the word "pod" well beside its meaning; more honestly, I would define it as a mod / clearo system shaped as a pod system.

The battery is large enough to last good part of the day, and this is a clear, and unique, advantage of the Biip "podmod".

The outer casing, seen the price point, could have been made of aluminium instead if zinc, reducing its hefty body.

The pod is extremely well tought and made, the vape produced is same of a good clearomiser: maybe because it is a good clearo in the shape of a pod.

The 2 ml capacity detract a lot to the whole system and Innokin should make a 4 ml pod to balance the battery size.

As I don't refill on the go, I bought two extra pods. And here, some strange marketing starts.

The pod is not sold as an accessory, but as a replacement part. It comes without the sanitary cap, without the coil, and without the airflow ring.

I use the additional pods for different flavours on the go, I needed some complete pods; problem is, only ONE sellers had all the parts to make an additional operating pod.

This is definitively a negative point for Innokin: you aren't Apple. The Aspire Nautilus AIO pods are 4 ml capacity, comes complete of everything, and in total they costs half.

The acoustic signalling is welcome, confirm the pod is connected, the charge status and level. I find it useful.

The three power levels are also one great advantage. The 11 W - the lowest level - is still too high for some vapers, they should have included an 8.5 W setting. The way power is chosen with the fire button is very clever, but a classic switch would have been better.

The three LED power level meter is also a good feature. The only other pod I have with such meter is the Minifit.

All in all, the Biip is a very good podmod device. A pod with the battery size and the price of a mod, and liquid capacity and shape of a pod system.

My suggestion, if you are into a variety of devices, is... Buy the Nautilus, the 4 ml is essential, is priced at half, and fit a shirt pocket; the vape is the same at 11 W.

If you want use the subohm Z coils, to make some clouds, the Biip podmod is much more appropriate, but the 2 ml capacity - simply doesn't make sense.

And, if you want to buy additional pods for different flavours, those are both expensive and somewhat difficult to source locally.

To conclude my short review, I like the Biip very much, as it is technically excellent - minus the pod capacity - but I don't know if I will daily carry it; for that bulkiness, I can take some other, more sophisticated devices with me.

As time goes by, I will post some experience with it.
EDIT: Forget to mention, the Biip recharges at 0.8 Amp - requires two hours from empty.

Cheers,

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
It's cute. I'm not getting one. I refuse to be a pod person, I just can't do it.

I can't handle enough PG that I'd need to stealth vape and pods are too tempting. I know I'd get in trouble.

Ain't gonna happen but I can't wait to find out about the new and IMPROVED Zenith?

I don't think you can actually improve that tank, but I am more than ready to be corrected.

Anna

gouldenvape

May 31, 2015
I just got one myself. It is a heavy device, similar to many of my 18650 powered Mods.
Very nice to handle, easy to understand, easy to use. Only tried the included 0.4 Ohm Plex 3D coil, so far, and for me this works best at either the highest power setting or the second highest.
I have many Pods-- both the Breeze and Breeze 2, and Aspire Nautilus AIO, and the tank capacity of this Z-BIIP is a pain-- I have bought the Non-TPD 4ml tank for the Breeze2, and find this lasts plenty long enough, but not sure whether the 2 ml will get me through a full day.
It hasn't leaked on me, unlike the Aspire Nautilus AIO which has soaked my pocket a couple of times.
All in all, it's a nice device, very innovative.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Just read @cardsfan comment-- and dropping this thing does feel like it would break something- if not the Mod, my toe!
It's interesting how many people are so keen on the Aspire AIO-- I really wanted to like this Pod/AIO but, as I say, out of several Pods that I own my Aspire is the only one that leaks, and since I mainly use RTAs, but always travel around with a backup Pod in a jacket pocket, a leak can be a PIA, especially if you don't get it out for a couple of days. Mine leaks around the airflow control ring and onto the battery contacts, and none of my Breezes(1 or 2) have ever leaked.

Last edited:

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
It's cute. I'm not getting one. I refuse to be a pod person, I just can't do it.

I can't handle enough PG that I'd need to stealth vape and pods are too tempting. I know I'd get in trouble.

Ain't gonna happen but I can't wait to find out about the new and IMPROVED Zenith?

I don't think you can actually improve that tank, but I am more than ready to be corrected.

Anna
upload_2019-6-15_2-12-57.png

But think how soft you skin will be from all that “just hatched” goo

gouldenvape

May 31, 2015
Agreed-- maybe it's the Damn TPD Regulations??
I bought the larger tank/Pod part for my Breeze2 and it's noticeably better-- I guess it's going to be the same with this Biip-- buy the bigger tank when it comes out-- strange though, since a great deal of design thought appears to have gone into this device.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread